“Dream Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Dream Hotel”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

An amazing Hotel. One of the best in the world. My partner and I didnt want to leave the hotel. It has the best service and the highest quality in everything the hotel offers. The gym and spa are the best you can get. The man made beach it perfect on a hot day. It makes you feel like your in the mediterranean.

Room Tip: Book in advance for a great room.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Andre D,

Wow! Thank you for such a wonderful review!

It's fantastic to see that you experienced the best of Palazzo Versace, including our impressive new gym and spa.

Many Australian guests tell us Palazzo Versace is a little piece of European luxury right on our doorstep! I'm happy you felt like you were in the glamorous meditteranean and had the opportunity to enjoy our gorgeous Water Salon!

Please contact me for your next reservation, it would be a pleasure to take care of you.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Adelaide, South Australia
Reviewed 8 February 2012

WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! WOW! WOW!!
My husband and I recently stayed here for my birthday and anniversary and right from the start one is treated to subtle, yet very effective luxury!
From the valet to the concierge ...check in was the quickest I have ever seen and by the time we reached our rooms, not only were our suitcases already there but a card and small pressie...(LOVE the personalise touch!)
Anything we needed, everywhere we went....
We LOVED the couples massages together at the spa services and have had MANY massages, and this was THE BEST have ever had worldwide to date too! (Their signature massage for an hour and a half too!)
I went back the next day and had a lymphatic draining massage and was just what the doc ordered too :)
Vie Restarant was the "icing on the cake too" and even though they had initially set up a romantic table outside, unfortunately the weather did not cooperate, but that did not cause us from thoroughly enjoying our meal, thanks to the very professional and welcoming staff too!
They say, "One needs to leave in order to return", TRUE!
We CANNOT wait til our next visit.....HIGHLY recommend staying here too!

Room Tip: Definately experience the spa and tranquility pools as well as the outstanding dining options too!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne T F
Port Macquarie
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Great overall experience; good room (Lagoon View Room); good pool; good breakfast; good spa; good gym; good bar & lounge; good service everywhere.
Could not fault anything. Pricey, but well worth the money. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Lagoon View rooms overlook the great pool. Request a room close to the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Who would have thought australia would have such a hotel?
It is a stunning but not overdone hotel, it seems like they aimed for grandure and then just toned it down. Our room superior had high ceilings with bulkheads the ornate but subtle cornice worked a treat. Polished limestone on the bathroom walls was both dignified, natural, and looked expensive. the greek key is used everywhere incl the bathroom where they used a marble moaiac border with a green marble on the greek key. whats better is on the external cornes they have polished the mosiac and limestone to create a rounded edge. I notice these things because i work at tile factory outlet in smithfield sydney. I look at the above mentioned details and think without a tfo up here it must have cost a fortune. Overall the room is incredible it has so many features that show an eye for quality and detail. You certainly dont expect this when yoy could imagine them building 300 rooms at once.
The pool, resteraunt and cafes are great with great service. If you want to spoil someone send them to this hotel. if you think the extra detail i gave was helpful, please give me a helpful vote.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank lukejohnson
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear Luke Johnson,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

You are absolutely correct is saying that Palazzo Versace is unique within Australia and that the design details, from the rare marble mosaics through to the stylish fashion decor, trully makes our property magnificent!!

And when teamed with our amazing service, our guests often tell us they feel they have escaped to another world...

I'm delighted that you were able to see and experience the finer details. We look forward to welcoming you back to Palazzo Versace in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed here for Australia day for our anniversary, got the stay on red balloon for a thrill seeker package. (1 night stay, breakfast for two and a jetboating, jetsking parasailing deal)

On check in the receptionist was lovely. Then had to wait to get our thrill seeker vouchers which took a good 20 minutes sitting at the concierge to find them..

The hotel is a maze had to walk for ages to find our room which was a good walk from the elevators.

The room.. What can I say but disappointed? Granted
It was just the superior room but I expected much nicer compared to other hotels I've stayed at. The room was quite small. No tables or any where to sit just a bed and a bathroom. Opened the door to the balcony yet there was no balcony, just a sliding door overlooking the river and shops..

Ended up going out to do the waterspouts (wouldn't recommend it) the people hardly spoke English and we ended up waiting almost half an hour before we asked if we could change it for another day and just do the jetsking.

The only really good thing from our stay was the bath tub (big spa) and the bed omg the bed was soooo comfy! I would love some
Of the Versace pillows and the bed it was like sleeping on a cloud.

Other then that nothing spectacular wouldn't spend the money staying again when there are much nicer
Good quality hotels in the area.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Tristan M
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Dear Tristan M,

Thank you for taking time to write about your stay. I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your total experience so I have taken the opportunity talk to our team in order to understand the details and concerns of your stay.

Palazzo Versace is a unique hotel in that it is modelled on a European palace. This design displays a range of different sized rooms, extensive wings and all adorned with beautiful Versace furniture, artwork and a juliet balcony. In comparison to many properties, our hotel rooms are a great size and vary depending on the category. I am happy however that you did find comfort in our room facilities (the beds and spas are absolutely amazing aren't they?!)

Regarding your 'Thrill Seeker Vouchers', my colleagues confirmed there were details to clarify with your booking and it did take extra time to confirm this with all parties involved. Any wait time is to ensure services are communicated successfully for your adventures and we apologise that this may have taken a few moments longer.

We would however like to thank you for your feedback on our supplier - third party bookings are at times out of our service control, but what we can control is your experience here at Palazzo Versace so I encourage you to always talk with our Manager Team should you not be satisfied.

Tristan M, I do hope to see you back at Palazzo Versace and encourage you to contact me directly as I would like to ensure any future stay is a success!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 January 2012

My husband and I have stayed at Palazzo Versace for short escapes many, many times since it first opened (maybe 12 times). Our last visit was for three nights in early Jan 2012. We generally stay off peak and in a superior suite, however our last trip was obviously during the holiday period and we actually got a really cheap rate on wotif ($380 for a lagoon room for three nights - which was on the fourth floor - pretty rare as its usually a couple of hundred dollars more for our return rate for the suite!) so keep an eye out. The service is great - I even had some dry cleaning done one time and because the stain didn't come out they didn't charge me. Make sure you get down to breakfast before 7.30am - we've walked by at 8.30am and its busy...busy. We've also never been let down by Vie. Always good food. Or you can slip next door to the new Italian pizza place - Cafe Marina - in Marina Mirage for a great meal that is exceptionally reasonable. We'll be going back again in May - which says it all.

Room Tip: If you book a superior suite and you want it quiet try get rooms 427 or 412. They don't look di...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paula C
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 28 January 2012
Dear Paula C,

Thank you for your feedback and for returning to Palazzo Versace on so many occassions! It's delightful to hear that you've enjoyed each experience and it's clear that you know the hotel so well with your room tip advice ~ a Lagoon Room with a beautiful view of the water salon is highly recommended!

Early January is without a doubt the busiest time of year...it has a festive feel and is highly popular in all sections of the hotel. We too recommend visiting outlets early to secure preferred seating.

Thank you again for staying with us! It would be a pleasure to take care of you on your next vacation - please contact me directly at the hotel for your next reservation.

mowngrass
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed in the suites, and at $1600/night we expected a lot.
Other reviews will tell you how sumptuous all the furniture, amenites are, but what I didn't like was:
1. No Wi-fi in the rooms. They claimed that we had access, and we did if we sat on the left hand side of the lounge opposite the TV. Anywhere else in the room - the dining table, in bed, bathrooms, private poolside - forget it.
2. No full length mirror in the room. Doesn't sound like much, but try checking your hem length against your shoes, or if your shoes match this dress etc, and you're in trouble. We stayed 5 nights, and I found this very aggravating to have to walk to the foyer to get a full length check before going out for the evenings.
3. Hairdryers in the room only worked on 'very' cold-air. Weird.
4. We had 5 people staying in a 2br suite. Every single day I asked for an extra bath towel, an extra beach towel, an extra good-night chocolate etc. Everyday - I only got 4.

Like any hotel, expensive or not ,little things went wrong with service here and there. These were not disastrous, and were minor such as nibblies coming out to the pool without cutlery, or serviettes etc. The real problem with this, and other mishaps when they happened, was that it was very difficult to get anyone's attention. You had to go looking for someone. I mention this because it highlights the biggest problem with this hotel - in my opinion - that leading hotels in the world have an abundance of good service. At this hotel, the service was very, very good - when you could find it. There just didn't seem to be enough people to provide the service.

Good points - I had international visitors to show around the Gold Coast, and not knowing it very well, I had to rely on the Concierge team a lot. They were fantastic and very, very helpful.

Room Tip: If you can afford it - go for the suites on the ground floor. Normally I hate these, but the privat...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear Mowngrass,

Thank you taking the time to provide a candid review on your stay in January. It's concerning to read that some aspects were disappointing and I wish to address your feedback.

Regarding wireless, each of our Condominiums is equipped with their own IT device. It is very unusual for this not to be accessible and I am sorry that you experienced such difficulty through-out your stay. We have an IT Manager onsite to ensure that guests connect successfully, so you simply need make us aware and and we will gladly assist or replace the device.

Thank you for comments regarding the full length mirrors. These are in all of the hotel rooms but not the condominiums. There are many long mirrors in this room category and full length versions by request but not fixed as you mentioned. We will consider this for future improvement at the hotel.

I agree that that only cold air from your hairdryer is very unusual. Like all electrical products, they will reach the end of their cycle and should this happen through out your stay we would be able to replace this immediately as we have many in stock at the hotel.

The 2 bedroom Condominiums are designed for 4 adults only and this may explain why you only received this amount of replenishment. If you had an additional guest not listed then you would continue to receive only four, even if you asked for additional items.

Thank you again for your feedback and I'm sorry that certain areas did not meet your expectations. I am happy however that our Concierge Team was able to do an outstanding job for your activities as this is an important part of any guests stay.

Please contact me at the hotel for any future reservation, as I would like to ensure that all of your preferences are delivered.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
5.6 km away
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
#7 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!