Palazzo Versace
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$176
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

Sea World Resort(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
US$251
Maldives Resort(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$160
Priceline
  • Pool
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$404
  • Restaurant
Rhapsody Resort(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$860
bedfinder
Alpha Sovereign Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
US$116
US$83
  • Restaurant
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$379
US$279
Travelocity
  • Pool
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$167
US$162
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Southport(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$151
2,185 results
All reviewshigh teail baroccole jardinsuperior suitevie restaurantthe gold coastturn down servicelagoon suiteseafood buffetbeautiful hotelmarina mirageoil burnerpool areapool staffspa bathlittle thingsacross the road
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Took my wife here as a birthday treat after having dined at Vie a few years ago and loved it. Our room was a bit of a disappointment given the price paid, very dated and quite average. The hotel itself was nice and we enjoyed lazing by the pool. Buffet breakfast was very good and we ate at both restaurants, our personal preference being Vie over Vanitas. Marina Mirage is right next door, so there are also some good dining options there. We'd return to the restaurants but would stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IslanderOz
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear IslanderOz
Thank you very much for your review and feedback.
I was very glad to read that you really enjoyed your buffet breakfast in Il Barocco and also enjoyed your dining experiences in Vie and Vanitas, especially Vie.
I am disappointed to read that you found the room to be a little dated. The hotel rooms are of classic Versace style so I am sorry to read that you felt disappointed with your room.
Your feedback is truly valued as it gives us the opportunity to focus on areas to improve future guest experiences and service standards.
We very much hope that you choose to stay with us again in the near future.
Ben McDermott Guest Relations Manager

Dear Mr Durnell

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Versace last Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Your team from the front desk registration who all went out of their way to facilitate an early check in on Friday to our late check out on Sunday; to your pool
attendants who displayed constant service; the service man who was there within minutes of calling guest services as the television for some reason had lost it tuning to channel nine during the cricket test; to the chat my wife and I had with your floral arrangers of the outstanding rose display in the foyer ; to the doormen; to the motherly woman who collects all the tea candles at 7am in the morning; to the helpful room maid ; to the masterful ability of Gina Phornton your breakfast restaurant supervisor who was masterful in managing the restaurant with so many 'ankle biters' present on Saturday and Sunday morning; to the very pleasant and helpful table waiting team; and the smiles that every other hotel person we came into contact with all exhibited.

Your team of 'masters' all lived the culture you obviously stand for.

When I called the hotel today to ask for your name and email, I was very warmly greeted by a young woman who went out of her way to instantly thank me when I said I wanted your email so I could email you personally a thank you for the very special personal stay we had over the weekend.

Having lived on the coast for 17 years and moved back to Brisbane 18 months ago. We had previously only visited Versace for some family dinner parties previously which were always wonderful. We had never stayed at the property.

An adage that I often refer to when I speak around the world to a cross section of audiences is something that a great mentor of mine taught me in Dallas, Texas in 1977. Dr James W Parker said, " you will achieve more success in life if you live by the golden rule... loving service, my first technique". Your team all displayed this golden rule, congratulations. A culture such as this one that is the essence of the communication each of your team displays is hard to find in the Australian environment these days. Your values are obviously rock solid.

I believe all your team members are worthy recipients of 'team member of the month for January 2013'.

Your team created a miracle stay for Judy and I this past weekend. Thank you for your dedication to excellent service and creating miracles in the lives of your guests.

Sending you miracles,

John

Dr John Hinwood

Room Tip: The lagoon outlook rooms
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrJohnHinwood
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We arrived at 1:00pm and thought that it was likely that we would get in early. We were told that the room would not be ready, and amuse ourselves. We were asked to come back at 2:00pm or when they phoned us. We went next door (shopping centre) and had a walk around & a coffee. Guess what - at exactly 2:00pm we got a call saying the room was ready. But that probably was the main downer. The rest of our 3 days / nights was met wil friendly staff - even though they were under presure from a show being filmed there.

The room facilities were good, - just showing a little but ot tiredness - not much - but time for a refresh. The room was quite large, with plently of space. The TV did not function well on all channels - lots of interference. Nice toiletries, and they even replaced the shower cap both days. (There are some spectacular hotels that have missed this mark)

We spent 2 days argound the pool. The staff were friendly, atenative without being pushy. It was really relaxing. Most of the places were taken so you have to get there early. The cabana had to be hired, and not too many sun beds for casual use - a little stiff for the price.

We had dinner at the resturant - and the food was excellent. We even used the idea of Champane Risotto for a christmas entree. The wagu beef (for 2) was a highlight.

The buffet breakfast was comprehensive, although the eggs benedict did not seemed to be organised. But I could not fault the choice, and presentation.

Overall it was a very good experience - but I would have to question the value - especially in a area where good hotles and apartment abound.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KevinHols
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear KevinHols
Thank you for your review and feedback.
I am very glad that you enjoyed all that Palazzo Versace has to offer, in particular the dinner and buffet breakfast. It is great to read that you also had the opportunity to relax around the lagoon area and found the service friendly and efficient.
In regards to your feedback with the check in time we do our very best to have rooms available for early arrivals but in peak times unfortunately this is not always physically possible.
We very much hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Ben McDermott Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Beautiful hotel, grand, opulent, and all Versace! The pool is great and the new cabanas are beautiful to spend the day in. The resort restaurants were fairly average and were terrible service wise. Hotel rooms are beautiful but seem fairly dated.. ! Beautiful hotel, very luxurious and the people and crowd are all very classy and garish, all and all it is Versace! Overall a beautiful hotel but I'd have to say the Sheraton Mirage across the road is nicer and far more relaxing.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear dan390

Thank you very much for your Trip Advisor review.

It was a pleasure to read in your review that the hotel was beautiful, grand and opulent.

I am glad that you had the opportunity to relax around the lagoon area on the luxurious cabanas.

I am disappointed to read that you experiences in the restaurants were not up to your expectations. Your feedback is truly valued and gives us the opportunity to focus on areas of improvements for future guest satisfaction.

We very much hope that you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Ben McDermott

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We had a very dissapointing experience at this so called 5 star hotel that is desperately in need of an upgrade. Some of the staff were slightly helpful but overall they also seem to be of an average standard. There was also a mistake in our room type the first night we arrived. This hotel seems to be really good at charging top dollar but has no idea in how to serve its guests not to mention how outdated it is.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Remo I

Dear Remo I

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at Palazzo Versace. It is only through the voice of our customers, such as yours that we can address issues and therefore improve our guest experience and service.

I am very disappointed to read your review. Unfortunately when an issue arises on check in sometimes this can tend to have a snowball effect on some bodies stay and it certainly does appear that this has happened and please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience.

After investigating your review I have discovered that there was certainly some miscommunication from what the third party had guaranteed you and what the actual reservation inclusions were. After your disappointment on arrival with the miscommunication we certainly did our best to offer you a room type that you had expected your booking to include. However it does appear that this intitial inconvenience has taken the shine off the rest of your stay and we are very sorry for this.

It is very disappointing to read that the service standards were not up to your expectations. Palazzo Versace has gained a reputation on wonderful service so this is very disappointing to hear.

I hope to be able to able to restore you faith in our hotel and I would like to reengineer your experience. Please contact me directly so I can personally look after your next reservation.

We very much hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Ben McDermott