“Go next door”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2021

This restaurant has won many awards, but nothing since 2007. It may have once been a great restaurant, but not any more. I had the spaghetti bolognese, which was pretty good, but not great. My wife had the grilled lobster which was...appalling. The last time we paid that much for rubber was when we got new tyres for the car! I'm not a seafood lover, but my wife is and she said it was awful. Bland, rubbery, and hugely disappointing. She had seafood linguine the night before at Glass and the lobster in that was much better. She said the flake in the $13 fish and chips we had for lunch was far superior to this $190 disappointment.
Omero Bros needs a complete revamp, both in menu and decor. Surely there's a more modern take on steak than steak Diane?
The redeeming quality was the staff. The lady who greeted us was lovely, and our waiter was great - very friendly and great service. If you want a great experience in the same location, walk for 10 seconds to Glass which is next door, you'll be much happier.

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank Donovan B
Write a reviewReviews (1,505)

Reviewed July 8, 2021

I love the option of small meals for some of the dishes. For small eaters they are just the right serving size. Loved the spaghetti marinara and the Moreton bay bug mornay. The seafood was fresh and flavoursome. Service was spot-on, and very efficient, even on a busy night. There were some good choices of wine available by the glass, which as far as I am concerned is a big winner these days.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed July 3, 2021 via mobile

All time favourite restaurant best seafood you can’t really go wrong.

I’ve been several times - staff are above excellent. Wine prices a little steep.

I’ve tried many dishes here, and had to try their “Prawn Cocktail” just as a throwback to the 70’s. In a word DON’T try this dish. It has the appearance of a prawn on a desert island. I mean it’s fine - but I can make this dish far better at home.

Bugs are way over priced. Moreton Bay Bug (Baylobster).

Garlic or curry prawns fantastic.

Will always be back.

But still a great place.

Other than that a great restaurant.

Reviewed June 28, 2021

18 months ago we visited and I reviewed it with the word "impressive". It still is. The menu selection is extensive and the food was delicious. But most of all the service was first class - the best we had during our stay at the Gold Coast.

Reviewed June 26, 2021

As one of my favourite restaurants on the Gold Coast and the restaurant we frequent for all major celebrations, we were recently bitterly disappointed when we ordered our usual grilled Snapper.
Obviously Covid has impacted on the meal portions, as the snapper was half the size it normally is and very substandard in quality compared to the past.
Shame as this restaurant has the ideal location and good customer service.
Probably will give it amiss for a while.