“Tranquil getaway”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Grace House

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
water color of 'Grace House' painted by local Massachusetts artist,  Elaine Corda
do you see the ruffed grouse?
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Hawkridge...
Bath, United Kingdom
“Tranquil getaway”
Reviewed February 28, 2018 for a stay in February 2018
person found this review helpful

What a wonderful house. We stayed for three nights - 2 adults, 4 children and a dog. We had no agenda. We just wanted a place to relax and recharge as a family. Grace House fit the bill perfectly.

We loved the space. We had a room to read in, one just for board games and one for TV! Everything you could ever need is in the house. Even a collection of old vinyls which the children had a great time listening too.

The location is amazing. Very peaceful. We even got in some sledging.

We would come back again in a flash. I imagine it would be amazing in the summer when you can fully utilise the grounds.

3 Mar 2018
Thank you for your wonderful review and choosing "Grace House" for your vacation get away.

I hope you can come back soon. Grace
Explorer7...
“Great house ”
Reviewed September 8, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Myself and family had a fantastic time at this home, House was well maintained, plenty of wildlife and just a overall quiet location to get away from a fast paced life... This was our first time staying in a house on vacation and without a doubt we will be returning next year. Thank you Grace for a fantastic experience can't wait until next time!!!

17 Sep 2017
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! I welcome you back next year. Grace
Happiness...
“Beautiful old farmhouse”
Reviewed August 27, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Grace House is a beautiful old farmhouse. We were worried about the lack of air, but we didn't miss it at all. Some nights were actually cold. The house was well stocked with everything we could possibly need, and it was great having a washer and dryer. While the house is old, it is well maintained, and the extra little touches throughout the house made us feel like we were at home.

2 Sep 2017
Thank Chris for your wonderful review. I am happy you enjoyed your vacation and thank you for choosing "Grace House" for your stay.

You and your family were awesome guest and welcome back anytime. Grace
kdmatney8...
East Berlin, Connecticut
“Such a amazing place..”
Reviewed April 15, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

My family an I rented the grace house an it was one of the best times we had..the house is just beautiful an everything is perfect there..you won't find any place like this one..we will be planing another stay at the grace house..thank you to grace an Michael for everything!!

21 Apr 2017
Thank you for your lovely review. I am happy your family had an awesome stay. We will look forward to hearing from you and your next visit. Sincerely, Grace
Maps61353...
“Great Place to Stay with Breath Taking views”
Reviewed September 20, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

A wonderful home with peaceful breezes flowing through with fresh air and views of great sunsets. Relaxing place with all the amentities to enjoy with family. It was perfect to get away while taking in the baseball games of our boys at the memorable Cooperstown All Star Village. Highly recommend as a enjoyable get away!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the country side
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
21 Sep 2016
Hello Tracy: thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad your family choose to stay at my house while your boys were at the Cooperstown All Star Village.

You were awesome guests! Michael enjoyed the company of your family very much.

You are welcome back anytime. Sincerely, Grace
Gjagroop
Queens, New York
“Perfect getaway from the bustle and noise of NYC”
Reviewed May 11, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We really have a good and peaceful time which we needed, Grace and Michael were very friendly and helpful, Michael was very helpful with the directions to Walmart and other shops.the house is large enough for more than 6 people, we sleep like a baby it's was so peaceful. We also have a good time barbecue in the yard and hanging out on the porche. The house is rustic with nice furniture which we like being from New York City we have mostly modern homes and furniture so it's a change from the norm.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
12 May 2016
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It makes me happy to know that my peaceful house in the country is enjoyed so much. Sincerely, Grace
ArtyMach
“Absolutely the Best Tranquil Country Atmosphere”
Reviewed February 23, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

The purpose of my trip was to search for real estate in the Delaware County Region.
From the moment that I booked the trip at the "Grace House", the owner Grace had
kept open lines of communication with me and was very informative and described the
area very passionately. She gave plenty of information to work with regarding my stay.
The day of the trip arrived and we checked in with her brother Michael, who manages the property and he had the house prepared for us with the temperature settings to a
comfortable 68 degrees. When we walked into the house my wife's and mother's jaw
dropped as to how personalized the home was. Rental?? No way! You felt like you walked
into your own country home. Every little detail was captured and thought through. The
layout of the house is phenomenal, large bedrooms, living rooms, rustic large planked
country floors, and great craftsmanship. Michael explained everything to us and was
always a phone call away. Grace even made sure that we had extra comforters because
of the cold weekend prior. Details. Bonus: Everything is 10-15 minutes away food store,
supplies, restaurants, local operated farms, and area attractions. To sum it it up, if you
are looking to decompress, clear your mind, rest, or just getaway from the everyday
grind. This is the place. Country, country, country! I will be back. Thank you Grace,
Michael, and Town of Meredith! Great stay and hopefully I will be back soon!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Liked best: The warmness of the property.
Liked least: I didn't stay long enough.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
25 Feb 2016
Thank you Arty for your wonderful review. You have put into words the exact feelings that I wanted my guests to experience.

My brother Michael has been my best asset in this endeavor. We both love the place too. Thank you again and I hope you come back in the summer, it is the best. Grace
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing