1,339 results
All reviews lagoon pool marina village club room fireplace restaurant main building the gold coast man made beach golf buggy queenslander suite buffet breakfast high tea relaxing stay a bit tired duty manager an upgrade cafes and restaurants movie world
Reviewed May 26, 2018

Great stay. Lovely expansive hotel grounds with room buildings arranged around pool area and gardens (with kangaroos resting or hopping around here and there). Good range of food offerings - The Fireplace signature restaurant was impressive. Staff all very helpful and welcoming. We will return.

One minor disappointment is the gym - there is none directly in the hotel so you have to get dropped to / from the Country Club (which closes at 6pm on weekends) within the main resort. Would be worth having a small gym space in the hotel for guests with the option of going to the Country Club if you want more equipment.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
MattRJ6463WN, General Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Dear andrewf2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it does enable us to monitor our service and facilities.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us so much and appreciated the ambience of the hotel, as well as our food and beverage offerings, especially in our signature Fireplace Restaurant. I was also pleased you appreciated the service and attention extended by the team.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. We shall look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 21, 2018

hotel is a bit like a nice one in a 3rd world country.
service was very poor, had to ring the reception to get drinks by the pool as the bar wasn't open.
the golf course was good and the main purpose of my visit.
the restaurant did serve an amazing steak with one of the best sauces i have ever tasted.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank doggie_john

Dear doggie_john

Your comments have been noted and will certainly be raised at our regular guest feedback meetings, for discussion and action.

Reviewed May 19, 2018

This is a beautiful location. Our room was spacious and our bed was luxurious. We enjoyed the facilities and the scenery. The weather was perfect for your stay. The staff are friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor with a view of the water - spectacular
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
MattRJ6463WN, General Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Dear Andrew-2011-Sydney

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the spaciousness and comfort of your room, as well as all the facilities the hotel as to offer. I was also pleased to read you appreciated the service and attention extended by the team. Your very kind words will certainly be shared with them all.

Reviewed May 18, 2018

We recently stayed at the hotel and had a lovely stay. I was going to give 10 out of 10 until I received what I think is extremely bad customer service. I left a laptop charging chord in my room and phoned within an hour of leaving to see if it could be couriered to me. (I was quite happy to pay for the Courier). I was told that someone would get back to me and when I enquired when that was likely to be, I was told some time in the next few days. Being an important part of keeping our business going, I had to go and buy another one for $109. I would have thought existing and repeat customers would be treated better than that. I felt like I was extremely unimportant. To this day, no-one has got back to me.

Room Tip: I think all rooms have a water or equally nice view
2  Thank mgsjhoward
Reviewed May 14, 2018

Everything about our seven day holiday was perfect, from reception staff to housekeeping to dining. Room overlooking pool was lovely and cannot praise the buggy drivers enough. The kindness you gave to two ladies in their 80’s was exceptional, you are all wonderful.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank lmnm01
MattRJ6463WN, General Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Dear Imnm01

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your seven day stay with us so much and appreciated the service and attention extended by the team. Please be assured your very kind words will be shared with all staff personally.