Sandbox Beachfront Apartments(Tugun)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$98
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
US$67
US$64
Agoda.com
Bay of Palms Resort(Elanora)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$104
Travelocity
US$94
US$87
Priceline
Gold Coast Airport Motel(Coolangatta)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$298
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewssurf clubthe gold coasttop floorbeach resortlarge poolbbq arealocated rightreception staffrooms are cleanlong weekendclose to shopsplanes flysea viewgreat apartmentsunder coverflights of stairsworking order
Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here 4 times in two years . The first 3 times we always stayed in the same room, top floor beach front with 90 degree balcony and views. We always had the same room and always pre-booked about 4 to 6 months before without a problem. Each stay always the same 6 days.
We pre booked again this time early this year straight after our last visit. We booked online as we always do and ring them at the same time to check that room is free and if not then we change our dates. We were guareenteed this room was available and then booked it, we even rang up again to double make sure and told yes.
When we arrived we were given the room next door. When I went to say there seems to be a problem I was treated very rudely, told that we don't guarrentee rooms and too enjoy my holiday and that this room is good. I asked to speak to the manager who told me basically she is in New Zealand and that I am bothering her. So going back to the receptionest Caroline who was very rude, aggressive and no care attitude continued to give me her views on the room and that basically we didn't book that room. After spending a lot of money here all I will say is this.. I am not interested in your views of the other room as you are not paying for it I am and that room is very different to the over with views, size of balcony, size of TV and light coming in. Secondly it would of been better to just own your mistake/double booked room and I would of understood, instead you lied and tried to cover your era. I even had to pull my mobile phone out to try and stop her from yelling at me. If my family wasn't there I would of happily walked off but two kids needed to sleep. The next day Caroline rang me too say the room is available downstairs same size but I have too pay a cleaning fee.. Are you for real??? Why would i pay more money to your era. I asked is there going to be some kind of refund to all this, too be told absolutely not.. Again I didn't want a full refund as we were still staying there but even a night or two would have been appreciated. Nothing.. I asked the neighbours when they booked the room we were suppose to have and they said only recently.. I have never witnessed something so wrong in so many levels. I loved going there but once something goes wrong they show there true colours.. All about taking your money.. I rate this place minus 100 and will never go back. No loyalty to regular customers.. Receptionist was way out of line yelling and not even a proper apology.. Terrible service..funny how the last 3 times we always get a peace of paper under the door on the final day to write a review yet this time none hmm wonder why.. A customer may not always be right but in this case Caroline was out of order

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank nath11st
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

The room was on the highway side and a bit noisy (highway and planes). Also the complementary wifi only worked intermittently when sitting in a very specific spot on the balcony!! We stayed for 10 days and although the towels were changed once the linen wasn't and we were given one sachet of detergent and dishwasher powder for the full stay which I thought was a bit stingy.

The rooms were clean, the position on the beach great and the kitchen well equipped. End friendly service.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Management we're so friendly and helpful. Everything was clean and in working order. The pool and the garden surroundings were immaculate. Best of all the resort is located right on the beach and we had spectacular views from our spacious 2 bedroom apartment.
Just a note - The resort is in the flight path from the Gold Coast airport but it is not too close and it's not a busy airport with mostly flights in the middle of the day. It was actually fun watching the different planes fly over.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a first floor apartment looking directly over the beach. The resort has a nice pool, and is right next to lots of good restaurants as well as supermarkets (fully equipped kitchen). The reception lady was very helpful. Hope to stay here again soon.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Fiona L
Reviewed June 24, 2017

Great stay. Great value right on the beach! good shops and restaurants close. Good pizza shop, fish and chips, good shop to buy fruit, Close enough to town and coolangatta but away as well which was nice :) Tugan was fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family