“Standard varies”

Golden Riviera Beach Resort
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed recently. 2 bedroom apartment. The apartment was nicely furnished. I noted that balconies all had different furniture so I think they are all privately owned and rented out. Ours had aircon in master bedroom with ensuite and living room. No aircon in second bedroom although it did have a fan. Apartment was garden view so backed to the street. Very noisy with highway so could not leave window open. Blinds were vertical blinds so sun streamed in at about 5.30. Dragged mattress into living room for second night with aircon. Pool bbq grounds area great, however the tiles around the pool where extremely slippery if your feet were wet. They need to coat them with some non slip. We had several apartments and some only had one air conditioner and were not as nicely furnished as the one I was in. The stair wells also had an unpleasant urine smell. I would say it is a good place to stay but just check the location in the resort and how many aircons there are and if it is nearer the highway avoid that.
It is right on the beach and close to an IGA for supplies and some really good places to eat. I have given it 3 stars only because I saw my friends other apartments that were not furnished as nicely as mine and had less aircon, they however did not have the noise from the highway which I had. If you have young children the whole tugan area if directly under the flight path from the airport. You cannot talk while a plane flies over. Planes fly from 6 am until about 10.30 pm so this could wake young children not used to it.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We recently stayed here for 4 nights on our honeymoon. It's a bit hit and miss. The positives: our apartment was clean and well equipped. Also quite modern. The full kitchen was great, oven, dishwasher and full size fridge. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. We booked a 1 bedroom but were given a 2 bedroom apartment. Negatives: There is no elevator. It wasn't a very relaxed welcoming arrival having to carry luggage up flights of stairs. As we were in a family apartment, I can only imagine how much worse it would be carrying luggage etc up those stairs for a family especially if they were staying for a week or so. The resort is absolute beachfront as advertised but be careful where your apartment is. We were more "absolute Gold Coast Highway front". Living near a busy main road, the traffic noise didn't bother us too much but if you come from a quiet area, I imagine it would be quite annoying. Also keep in mind the airport is just a stone's throw away so expect frequent low flying jets. The wifi is a waste of time. It doesn't work. The service was fine, the hosts were friendly enough. I did mention we were going for our honeymoon. It would have been nice if that was acknowledged in some way. We didn't expect rose petals and chocolates, but a "congratulations" wouldn't have gone astray. It's those little touches that make a big difference. All in all, I've stayed in worse places and may stay there again but wouldn't be rushing back.

Room Tip: Ask for a beachfront room if the beach is a drawcard
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here 4 times in two years . The first 3 times we always stayed in the same room, top floor beach front with 90 degree balcony and views. We always had the same room and always pre-booked about 4 to 6 months before without a problem. Each stay always the same 6 days.
We pre booked again this time early this year straight after our last visit. We booked online as we always do and ring them at the same time to check that room is free and if not then we change our dates. We were guareenteed this room was available and then booked it, we even rang up again to double make sure and told yes.
When we arrived we were given the room next door. When I went to say there seems to be a problem I was treated very rudely, told that we don't guarrentee rooms and too enjoy my holiday and that this room is good. I asked to speak to the manager who told me basically she is in New Zealand and that I am bothering her. So going back to the receptionest Caroline who was very rude, aggressive and no care attitude continued to give me her views on the room and that basically we didn't book that room. After spending a lot of money here all I will say is this.. I am not interested in your views of the other room as you are not paying for it I am and that room is very different to the over with views, size of balcony, size of TV and light coming in. Secondly it would of been better to just own your mistake/double booked room and I would of understood, instead you lied and tried to cover your era. I even had to pull my mobile phone out to try and stop her from yelling at me. If my family wasn't there I would of happily walked off but two kids needed to sleep. The next day Caroline rang me too say the room is available downstairs same size but I have too pay a cleaning fee.. Are you for real??? Why would i pay more money to your era. I asked is there going to be some kind of refund to all this, too be told absolutely not.. Again I didn't want a full refund as we were still staying there but even a night or two would have been appreciated. Nothing.. I asked the neighbours when they booked the room we were suppose to have and they said only recently.. I have never witnessed something so wrong in so many levels. I loved going there but once something goes wrong they show there true colours.. All about taking your money.. I rate this place minus 100 and will never go back. No loyalty to regular customers.. Receptionist was way out of line yelling and not even a proper apology.. Terrible service..funny how the last 3 times we always get a peace of paper under the door on the final day to write a review yet this time none hmm wonder why.. A customer may not always be right but in this case Caroline was out of order

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank nath11st
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

The room was on the highway side and a bit noisy (highway and planes). Also the complementary wifi only worked intermittently when sitting in a very specific spot on the balcony!! We stayed for 10 days and although the towels were changed once the linen wasn't and we were given one sachet of detergent and dishwasher powder for the full stay which I thought was a bit stingy.

The rooms were clean, the position on the beach great and the kitchen well equipped. End friendly service.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Management we're so friendly and helpful. Everything was clean and in working order. The pool and the garden surroundings were immaculate. Best of all the resort is located right on the beach and we had spectacular views from our spacious 2 bedroom apartment.
Just a note - The resort is in the flight path from the Gold Coast airport but it is not too close and it's not a busy airport with mostly flights in the middle of the day. It was actually fun watching the different planes fly over.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a first floor apartment looking directly over the beach. The resort has a nice pool, and is right next to lots of good restaurants as well as supermarkets (fully equipped kitchen). The reception lady was very helpful. Hope to stay here again soon.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Fiona L
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Great stay. Great value right on the beach! good shops and restaurants close. Good pizza shop, fish and chips, good shop to buy fruit, Close enough to town and coolangatta but away as well which was nice :) Tugan was fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Holz17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tugun
14 km away
5.3 km away
Mantra Twin Towns
Mantra Twin Towns
#3 of 12 in Coolangatta

Been to Golden Riviera Beach Resort? Share your experiences!