“Authentic jerk”

Jamroc Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The term 'jerk' is the name given to the traditional method of Jamaican cooking in which meats are marinated in a unique blend of herbs and spices, and then char grilled to succulent perfection. The care taken to prepare the 'jerk' marinate, and the time the meat is allowed to marinate in partnership with the char-grilling are essential for producing the amazing flavour and aroma that 'jerk' is renowned around the world for. At Jamroc we follow these timeless traditions and recipes handed down from generation to generation in order to produce such a special and unique flavour thats guaranteed to leave you craving more. Whether you like it the traditional way off the bone, or in a gourmet burger or wrap the choice is yours!
Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

I was so excited to hear about this place but also hesitant as I have lived in Jamaica and have eaten jerk chicken all over the island. I loved this place. For people a little scared of spice there were 3 degrees of heat that you could choose from. We also ordered oxtail which is my absolute favorite Jamaican dish. So yum! My only gripe was that they had run out of ting ( a Jamaican grapefruit drink) so had to share one can between 4 people.

1  Thank christie1981
There are newer reviews for Jamroc Jamaican Jerk Chicken

Reviewed 14 April 2016

Lunch with the crew from work as we 'had to try the Rastas Revenge Very Hot chicken burger'...

I chickened out (see what I did there?) and ordered a Kingston burger combo with the hot sauce instead of the very hot one.

The hot burger was actually really nice, just enough heat extend the flavour of the burger but not enough to hurt. The burger bun was a good balance between crusty and doughy, the chicken had some great flavours through it and the lettuce tomato and onion was well balanced. The chips were a bit heavy on the oil but well cooked.

The décor is authentic. The service was friendly and basic. The price wasn't too bad.

n.b. We ordered some Rastas Revenge sauce on the side and DAMN, that stuff is amazing. It was pretty damn hot, to the point that it seriously numbs your face... I cant wait to take the kids there and watch their heads explode.

1  Thank J V
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

...I had a good dose of Jamaican loving at Jamroc in Mermaid Waters. It felt like it's kinda in the boondocks, but a great cheap feed for those who are in the know or possibly lost. Tasty tasty jerk chicken and other things for the family for under 50 bucks... And Jamaican hot sauces at the table for those who like the spice! Yeah mun

Reviewed 16 January 2016

We had dinner here on a Saturday night - we had been gifted a Scoopon & perhaps this is where the problem started? We had booked, as instructed to do so on the Scoopon but we shouldn't have bothered as there is no one there welcoming you / seating you. The girl on the front counter was abrupt & quite impolite, perhaps this is a language barrier perhaps she is just rude, either way it didn't make for a warm welcome. The food was mediocre & a far cry from all of the rave reviews Jamroc has previously received on Trip Advisor. We were informed after 3 of the 4 mains were served that one of the dishes we ordered was no longer available & we would have to choose some else. The entrees then arrived and at some point after that after making several requests the cutlery arrived; apparently they had run out of cutlery...?! (Maybe if the wait staff actually cleaned up the tables as diners were finished eating they may not encounter this problem).
The chicken wings were pathetic, drowned in a BBQ sauce & literally thrown onto the table by the waitress; the curry was terrible, the meat in both chicken curries was dry & uninspiring. The curry is served on the bone which is fine however for the price of a curry I would expect more than 3 pieces of meat. The ox tail curry was acceptable & that's about the nicest thing I can say about it, there certainly wasn't anything about it to write home about.
I like the concept of the Jamaican jerk chicken but on this particular night they certainly didn't deliver. We won't be rushing back to try other items on their menu any time soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

We chose this lunch spot as past of an A-Z dinner challenge and were pointed here by the entertainment book. We were happily surprised. Fresh tasty chicken loaded with flavour. Chips and sauces were good too.