“best food in town”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2015

we love going to Malay Kitchen as the food is always fresh , great value for money , amazing food , and very friendly owners and staff

1  Thank Tina S

Reviewed September 1, 2015 via mobile

We travel to the Gold Coast regularly and always make sure we stop here for the most divine, fresh and tastiest food ever

The owner is a lovely lady who is always so welcoming and always has great recommendations

Tonight we had the yum yum prawn curry, sweet and sour pork and honey chicken and I cannot say how fresh, non greasy and tasty these meals were

This place has to be on your "places to eat" when you are on the coast, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Reviewed August 11, 2015

After reading other reviews, I should consider myself fortunate not to have encountered the dragon lady owner when I visited. She must have had the afternoon or day off. We did have the place to ourselves though, so maybe word has got around....

I had a late lunch here on a Sunday afternoon with a group of Chinese friends. They asked and ordered from a Chinese language menu, which I am pretty sure has some dishes listed that are not available on the English menu.

The food and service were great, staff were very friendly but then we did order more than the minimum per head and so abided by the owners rules... Kong Po chicken, BBQ Duck, Ma Po Tofu and Claypot vegetables with glass noodles were all really delicious.

A shame really. It pays to have Chinese friends is all I can say.

1  Thank Kardy1
Reviewed August 9, 2015 via mobile

We have been to the Malay Kitchen about once a month over the last Two years and usually most enjoyable - hence our frequent return

Friday night the Service was great and the Kong Po Chicken up to standard but the satay chicken was a bit bland

I'll be back though

Reviewed July 8, 2015 via mobile

Bring a good appetite to this suburban gem, white tablecloths await as do plentiful servings of westernised Chinese dishes. Tasty and pleasing, the none too complicated menu is well worn with those in the know. Well presented with home style congeniality, Malay Kitchen consistently delivers, is easy on the eye and on the purse strings.
Returning for a casual dinner option is a no brainer, likewise for the Lunch special.