“$6 pint”

Ranked #8 of 38 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$11 - US$19
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: With all your pub favourites the Miami Tavern is the place to be. From their schnitzel selection to the char-grill Miami has all you in need to satisfy your tastebuds.
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in at the bar by the beach early on a Friday night & the first thing we saw were two big cheeks belonging to a waitress...

We hesitated thinking it was one of " those" joints, but thirsty for a beer we thought we'd take the punt.

There was a guy playing guitar & singing (very well) to a crowd in the smoking section. Not a soul was sitting in non smoking! We sat there anyway.

When hubby returned from the bar he had a big grin on his face, I thought maybe a few more delights greeted him inside. No, the smile was for the $6 pint!

We drank a few and enjoyed the music & the atmosphere.

Everyone was friendly!

mike g, Manager at Miami Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2018

Hi lost_nomads,

Thanks for your review, I'm glad that you had a good time. We aim to please here at Miami Tavern by offering great deals that appeal to many people, including yourselves. Whether it's live music, great priced meals or drinks we've got you covered.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

We have been here a few times in the past and always have a good timeand delicious food. This time though things were different. The place wasn't anywhere near as busy as it has been and that is probably because of the bar staff and food. A couple of the bar staff girls were too busy carrying an attitude rather than look after the people waiting to be served. We ordered the main burger and it was obvious when the food came out that the kitchen staff have also changed from when we were last there the chips were soft and the burger just sidn't taste good at all especially with the type of bun now being used. We both left our food and sadly has put us off from going back. Not sure why things needed to be changed but it has certainly had an impact.

Hi JMC000111,

Thanks for your review and letting us know that you weren't happy. The kitchen staff have been the same here for several years with no changes and I will pass your feedback onto my Head Chef. If you could please contact myself at the hotel so I can work out a satisfactory way to resolve the issue from your last visit it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2018

I'm not sure if the Miami Tavern was responsible for the Oz-Fest music festival on 27th Jan 2018 or if it was the fault of the promoter but there were quite a few angry customers at the festival - the ticket said it started at 12.30 - the first band did not appear until 2pm - once you were inside the "compound" you were not allowed to leave - despite being held in a pub there was a very limited selection of alcohol - and very poor quality food. We went early to support one of the early bands and planned to leave and come back later for the bands we really wanted to see - but we were trapped. We ended up leaving at 3.30 and could not come back - we also checked out of hotel we booked and went home (we travelled 2 hours to get there) - so $160 for the room and $80 for two tickets wasted.
never again

mike g, Manager at Miami Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Hi Smarta,

Thanks for your feedback in relation to our event Ozfest on Saturday 27th January, please be assured that we take all feedback seriously and aim to make improvements wherever possible. The set times were published across all our social media platforms and were also available from the hotel with all start times clearly listed. Unfortunately we had conditions imposed upon us that were beyond our control, which included no pass outs and the ability to only serve mid strength alcohol within the event area.. We have been operating events here at the hotel for several years and take all feedback on board. Moving forward I'm sorry that the event didn't meet your expectations and if you wish to discuss the matter further, please don't hesitate in contacting myself directly at the hotel.

Regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2017

I had the chicken parmy, which was good but they must be short in potatoes cause the chip serving couldnt even fill up my anorexic girlfriend.

mike g, Manager at Miami Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Hi Corey,

Thanks for letting us know about your meal experience, I've passed on your feedback to our chef. We pride ourselves on providing great meals at really good prices and it sounds like we've let you down in the chip department. Please give me a call so that we can fix this for you on your next visit. I look forward to hearing back from you shortly.

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

We came here last night and had a great time in this great little tavern. Hreat atmosphere and music and lots of friendly locals. I had the QLD burger with chips and Mads had the Steak Sandwich with chips. The food was delicious, however neither of us had many chips with our foodand I actually only had 14 chips. Not happy with that but a great night otherwise.

Hi JMC000111,

Sorry to hear that your meals weren't up to expectation. I've forwarded on your comments to our chef for feedback. I'd really like to get you back here to give us a second chance, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel so we can work something out. I look forward to hearing from you shortly.