“A piece of paradise on the Mexican Riviera”
Review of Xel-Ha

US$89.00*
Xel-Ha Park All-Inclusive Admission Ticket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Xel-Ha Natural wonder awaits you! Xel-Ha is simply unique! Xel-Ha is one of the world's most beautiful, natural aquariums. And it's all inclusive too!!! Swim and snorkel surrounded by rainbow colored fish who have made the river and inlet their home, take long walks in the middle of the jungle, ride a bike, take the train or just relax while enjoying the lazy river! All these activities are included too!
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My wife and I went to Xel-Ha last January. I had been there before, 15 years ago, but it has grown considerably and maintained its natural beauty.
Xel-Ha is incredible, it is really like entering paradise on earth. The park is built around this beautiful, crystal clear river which flows gently to the sea, full of marine life. You can start your journey in the middle of the jungle, where the river starts, and just calmly let the current gently take you to the sea. It is such a peaceful and relaxing experience that you will not not want to leave.
I was surprised by the incredibly good quality of the food! 15 years ago, the food was not good at all. but now it is unbelievably good! The park's organization is outstanding! It is not a cheap attraction, but it is 100% worthwhile. The service, the beautiful scenery, the wildlife, and the food, all of it makes Xel-Ha a unique place.
I recommend to wait until the sun starts setting on the river, it is a breathtaking view to see the sun setting on the river.
We can't wait to go back again!

3  Thank kyrie73

Reviewed 5 April 2012

We went to Xel-Ha on April Fools Day - and no foolin...this was the best family excursion I could have planned for the family with teenagers. I booked through Mariott website which led me to Vantaya tours. They picked us up at the Mariott and took us to a gathering area near the mall in the hotel zone where we had a short breakfast (not complimentary) from a restaurant who must get a cut and be a buddy of the tour people the way we were sort of roped in there. But, it was all good, we were hungry and needed to eat anyway. The big tour bus was very nice, and I mention all of the above because it made the Xel-Ha transaction complete and easy. Xel-Ha had just enough adventure and about a dozen different activities to keep the teenagers occupied. Don't combine with Tulum, a few hours at Xel-Ha is not enough time. The all you can eat excellent food buffet, ice cream, and alcohol kept us near the hammocks area lounging around for a good couple of hours in the afternoon after having our fill of adventure all morning. Don't miss the top of inner tube float, you won't be disappointed for having walked there. I felt completely safe, and was Ok with the kids taking off on their own. It is very clean. One family locker will hold a ton of stuff. Thanks for the other reviewers, I bought my biodegradable suntan lotion before I came. There are showers for end of day so bring a change of clothes. When you snorkel, swim to the rocks in the middle to see the best fish! Pose for all the pics, you won't have to buy them later, but you may want to just buy one or two, no big sales pressure at end of day, very open. Everyone is pleasant and friendly. The bartender will be glad to give you double tequila shots! If you have to skip something, skip cenotes...boring.

5  Thank Joyce M
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This excurtion to Xel-Ha was nothing less than spectacular. The swimming with the dolfins, to the tubing to the zip ling to the snorkling . I cant say enough good about it all. The guides were very informative. The food and drinks were all included in the price and tasted out of this world. For the low price we paid to have this awesome day be spent like this is nothing short of a great experience and i would do it again in a heart beat.....

2  Thank vickie447
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I went 5 years ago and it was one of the best trips ive ever been on great value for money i always wanted to swim with the dolphins highly recommended but to swim with the manatees was an experience i will never forget food was great so were the cocktails never seen so many beautiful fish close up.All in all an excellent day out when i go back to cancun its one trip i will be repeating

Reviewed 2 April 2012

This was our first visit to xel-ha and we really enjoyed it. I've been to Xcaret and didn't care for it......Xel-Ha was much better. By the time we got our lockers and changed it was 11:30am and the restaurants just opened so we decided to eat first. We ate at the international buffet and it was very good. Even though it was a buffett the service was very good and they kept bringing us our cocktails! The snorkeling is great for beginners and we saw a lot of different fish even though the water was cloudy in some areas. We did the lazy river, thinking it would be nice and relaxing after eating. Well, it takes a little work do get down the river in your innertube. I suggest having your flippers on to help you paddle because there isn't a natural flow. We did go down by the floating bridge because we were told that's where you see some interesting fish and they were right. There were stingrays and a barracuda over there and some big grouper. We didn't do any of the programs that cost extra, but the manatee program looked interesting.

4  Thank cjorchid