Heard and read much about this restaurant, now we could find it out ourselves. One word: excellent! we had a lunchmenu: first a foie gras with a sorbet of figues, wonderfully delicate taste.Maincourse : a daurade meticulously cooked with a "peau croustillant" and a cochon noir (black pig) also extremely well cooked , both very delicately seasoned. The plates were for the eye as for the tongue a miracle.and no complaints about the quantity as some critics say. Only the dessert was a bit "one taste" only and a bit heavy (a caramel"construction"), but for caramellovers probably nice enough. We must not forget to mention the very very good price-quality-ratio, this menu was inclusive an aperitivo and 2 glasses of wine,
The personel (in abundance!) was extremely "attentive" as the french say and very friendly and helpful, so that's why we say all thumbs up for this restaurant!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the route of the châteaux, close to Château Lynch-Bages, grand cru classé of Pauillac, this 17th century charterhouse invites you to discover true art de vivre. Around a garden, the bright guestrooms with their muted, timeless décor, the pool, the sauna and the terraces near the vineyards create a haven of well-being. In the dining room, Chef Julien Lefebvre refines the products of the South West and proposes a delightful dialogue between a contemporary cuisine and the Bordeaux grand crus. Visits to châteaux, tasting classes, elaboration of own wine, strolling with the family in the village... Share the savoir-vivre of Epicurean Médoc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Chateau Cordeillan-Bages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Cordeillan-Bages Hotel Pauillac
- Chateau Cordeillan Bages Pauillac