See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 25, 2014

There is not much reason to visit Rancagua other than if you are travelling on business or visiting nearby wineries and the Mar Andino is probably the best sleeping option.

The hotel is fairly simple and lacks character and rooms are generally compact - our double room (104) was clean with a small shower room and had no view to speak of overlooking a wall at the side of the property.

We did not dine there but others in our group say that the restaurant serves simple fair with rather slow service (it took me 20 minutes to get a beer). Breakfast was a simple affair with a reasonable choice.

The hotel is mainly aimed at business travellers but there is a large swimming pool (which looked dirty) outside and plenty of car parking space.

Room tip: Rooms in the modern extension at the rear are probably a better size.
Date of stay: March 2014
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by just how nice this hotel was. It was set in a quiet residential neighbourhood. Desk staff spoke very good English. The hotel is small with spacious rooms and well appointed bathrooms. We had dinner in the restaurant and unfortunately they didn't have the first 2 things I ordered. My husband had steak and it was disappointing. The waiter was so nice though we didn't bother to say anything. Breakfast (which was included) was a great buffet with lots of choices. Nice pool. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2013

It have been staying in this hotel since so many years during my yearly business trip in Chile that I did not remembered how low was the other hotel I used to probe in Rancagua. This year, due to no vacancies during one week of my stay, I had to go back to two previous hotels in Rancagua I used to stay. So I can reassure that Mar Andino, is by far, the best value in Rancagua. Even the prices of the rooms rose by more than 10% in 2013. The wifi connexion is more stable than the other years and you might even have on the unbusy hours a video chat on skype.
The furnitures aged from the opening of the hotel but this is the newest hotel in Rancagua. The TV have evolved to flat screen. Most important compare to other hotels, the rooms and their environment all in the backyard are quiet. The breakfast (included in the room charge as common in Chile) is more in a continental style than in a Spanish "light" style as in the others hotels.
The staff is very welcoming and committed as requested for a hotel of that level.
So I am not helping myself by thumbing up this hotel: this will not be easier to find a room available next year !

Room tip: All the rooms are away from the street. And even the street is definitively not busy. Maybe avoid the rooms next to the pool in the hotest nights of summer where Chileans might enjoyed to spend some time chat out and diving loudly.
Date of stay: January 2013
Reviewed January 6, 2013

There is no hotel called Marandio, the name is Marandino, you need to merge these reviews with the ones listed under Hotel Marandino, it is the same thing.
Having said that, this is a good hotel, close to the center of the city ( a 20 minute walk). It is clean, the staff is friendly and breakfast is very good. Heating and air conditioning works. You can walk to the center of the city, it is a pleasant 20 minute walk, but I was a little scared walking by myself at night, better take a taxi.
It is a business hotel and Rancagua is a business city.

Date of stay: February 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We spent a week at the Mar Andino hotel. The rooms were wonderful - of the quality one can expect in the US or Europe. The staff was outstanding and what made the hotel great. They were friendly, responsive, and attentive. They remembered breakfast preferences, our name and were quick to respond when we could not get the heating unit to work in our room.

Room tip: We had a triple which is very hard to find in South America!
Date of stay: July 2012