“Comfortable Place”
Review of Mar Andino Hotel

Mar Andino Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Rancagua
Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

I have stayed here every October since 2006 for missions trips. They have great beds, mattresses are some of the best I've slept on. The restaurant is excellent. Great breakfast and the meals are always tasty. Quiet and friendly staff and area. I highly recommend the Mar Andino when staying in Rancagua.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

The room was clean and air-conditioning worked. Employees were pleasant and helpful. Water never did get hot during a shower as I was in the outer perimeter of the compound. Internet was in and out and most of the time, I did not have any service. As you got closer to the main lobby, the Internet was in service. I like the security of the compound and quite and relaxing atmosphere. I would recommend this hotel while visiting Rancagua.

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed 6 December 2014 via mobile

We came for a wedding with my wife, food was great, the pool was amazing and the room that we stayed was nice.

It's pretty well located in Rancagua and the staff was always helpful and friendly.

Every room has cable tv and the premium Chilean soccer channel.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2014

More like a business hotel, busier during weekdays, more quiet in the weekends.
Nice restaurant included, friendly staff.
On the south side of town, easy to get out of town by car and 5 minutes walk to city center.
Swimming pool in the garden at the back.
Cable TV (DirecTV).

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main building if you really need your Internet. They have a second, separat...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2014

There is not much reason to visit Rancagua other than if you are travelling on business or visiting nearby wineries and the Mar Andino is probably the best sleeping option.

The hotel is fairly simple and lacks character and rooms are generally compact - our double room (104) was clean with a small shower room and had no view to speak of overlooking a wall at the side of the property.

We did not dine there but others in our group say that the restaurant serves simple fair with rather slow service (it took me 20 minutes to get a beer). Breakfast was a simple affair with a reasonable choice.

The hotel is mainly aimed at business travellers but there is a large swimming pool (which looked dirty) outside and plenty of car parking space.

Room Tip: Rooms in the modern extension at the rear are probably a better size.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by just how nice this hotel was. It was set in a quiet residential neighbourhood. Desk staff spoke very good English. The hotel is small with spacious rooms and well appointed bathrooms. We had dinner in the restaurant and unfortunately they didn't have the first 2 things I ordered. My husband had steak and it was disappointing. The waiter was so nice though we didn't bother to say anything. Breakfast (which was included) was a great buffet with lots of choices. Nice pool. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2013

It have been staying in this hotel since so many years during my yearly business trip in Chile that I did not remembered how low was the other hotel I used to probe in Rancagua. This year, due to no vacancies during one week of my stay, I had to go back to two previous hotels in Rancagua I used to stay. So I can reassure that Mar Andino, is by far, the best value in Rancagua. Even the prices of the rooms rose by more than 10% in 2013. The wifi connexion is more stable than the other years and you might even have on the unbusy hours a video chat on skype.
The furnitures aged from the opening of the hotel but this is the newest hotel in Rancagua. The TV have evolved to flat screen. Most important compare to other hotels, the rooms and their environment all in the backyard are quiet. The breakfast (included in the room charge as common in Chile) is more in a continental style than in a Spanish "light" style as in the others hotels.
The staff is very welcoming and committed as requested for a hotel of that level.
So I am not helping myself by thumbing up this hotel: this will not be easier to find a room available next year !

Room Tip: All the rooms are away from the street. And even the street is definitively not busy. Maybe avoid th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancagua
2.3 km away
1.3 km away
Hostal el Parron
Hostal el Parron
#5 of 12 in Rancagua

Been to Mar Andino Hotel? Share your experiences!