Quiet and relaxing atmosphere, Olympia Mare still has the original Greek charm. Family run apartments that make you feel at home and welcome, you will want to return after you leave. I have been coming to Kardamena for over 30 years, and this, in my opinion, is the best place to stay.
The beach in front of Olympia is probably the best swimming you'll find in that area. Sand all the way when you walk in, and clear, clean water. Beach sun beds for the guests are free, and also trees along the beach if you want shade. There is good snorkelling and it is windy enough for windsurfing, (which I do a lot when I am there) and kite boarding. And all this is just a few meters from your room. It has the feel of a private beach, because it is almost exclusively used by the guests of Olympia.
Being 2 km outside of Kardamena makes this a perfect base for renting a car or bike and exploring the island from this location. There is also a bus stop in front of the Hotel, Nikos will give you the time schedule. It is a 20 min. walk to Kardamena.
The apartments are very spacious and very clean. All bedrooms have a balcony or terrace, and all apartments have living room area and kitchenette. One of my favourite things to do at the end of the day is to sit on the balcony (beer in Hand) and enjoy the most beautiful view of Greek islands and Turkey. Watching the full moon rising from this location is spectacular.
Even when Olympia is completely full, it is still quiet and peaceful. The guests come from all over the world which adds to the atmosphere.
Nikos, your host and the owner, is full of information and will give you good suggestions on where to go on the island and recommend good restaurants.
Wi-Fi is available in the lobby, and outside underneath the grapevines.
The village of Kardamena offers good Restaurants (Posidonia is our favourite and the Laikon has the best Pizza in town, you can even order it to your room) and is a good destination for all ages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Olympia Mare Beach Hotel is located just outside Kardamena (1.6km) on a quiet stretch of beach 7km from airport and 27km from Kos town. It is a friendly and small family complex, with Aegean Style environment, ideal for families with children and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Booking.com so you can book your Olympia Mare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olympia Mare Hotel Kardamena
- Olympia Mare Kos/Kardamena, Greece