“Good for the price”
Review of Monorom VIP Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kampong Cham
Ranked #6 of 14 Kampong Cham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 March 2017

The staff is good very clean good located easy to get sround from the hotel
The brefast it is basic but not bad
The beds are big and confortable for the kind of hotel
Has a nice views the room to the strret

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank Rose B

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I arrived a couple days ago, and we are very pleased. The rooms go for $16, but we got a discount for a longer stay. The staff is both friendly and professional. They provide daily housekeeping services if you want it, and the rooms, and the hotel in general are very secure. The rooms are immaculate and spacious, and the furniture is absolutely beautiful! One kind young man who works there even brings us a 5 gallon bottle of water when it's empty, and of course, we tip him. The lobby is as equally stunning as the rooms. My only regret is that we didn't come here sooner, and that I can only give it 5 stars, when clearly, it's 10 stars in my book. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Can't complain! Clean and nice staff. Rooms good. For once aircon efficient. Towels supplied and soap(!). Convenient location looking out on to the Mekong. Oh and practically next door is a GREAT place to eat and drink: "Smiles" resturant.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Had 2 nights here. The best part is the air cond and the view of the Mekong. The rooms are worn down but do have hot water. I had curtains that didn't open, bare lights on one set of over the bed lights .No room cleaning unless requested. I thought it was expensive for what we got US $15 each night. It is next to Smiles cafe, which helped as a go to eating spot

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2016

I'm from New Zealand and stayed here for eight days and had a wonderful experience! Very friendly and helpful staff, and a clean and beautiful hotel.
I left my some belongings at the hotel and once I got back home I emailed them and they helped me to sort out getting back my belongings. Wanted to say a huge thank you for that!
Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Kampong Cham :)

A little tip would be to make sure the wifi reaches all the rooms, as it sometimes didn't work in my room, but no other big problems!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Good, clean hotel with all the basic requirements but with an Asian flavour. Good English spoken by the staff. Air con worked really well which is unusual for Cambodia. Probably one of the better options for Kampong Cham which is not really a big centre for tourism.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have no view at all but you probably have to pay more for a river view.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2016

I find this review a little hard to write, because everybody I met who worked at the hotel was like most others I have met in Cambodia, very service minded and smiling! A big plus for friendly staff!

The plus'es first. The location is good, the view from my room was facing the river and great, the room was spacious and it was clean. But here comes the but's...

I don't really know who the hotels target group is, probably mostly older Asians. For them the decor might work, for me not so much and I think probably not for most young Asians or non Asians either. My room looked like the sad leftovers of a whole forest being killed some time in the early eighties by people using the forest to make really bad, but massive furniture. The same goes for the reception. It was, for lack of a better word, strange and very non eco friendly... And the Christmas decorations in May, what's with that?

That said, I could have seen passed the decor if I had gotten a good nights sleep, but the matress was rock hard. It was like sleeping on the floor. It wasn't comfortable in any way and I had great difficulties sleeping. When I can't sleep unfortunatly, friendly staff dosn't help...

Room Tip: The view from the rooms facing the Mekong is actually great!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business