See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 9, 2016 via mobile

When we arrived we were invited to play golf in the dried out mekong. I learned how to turn on the slackline and played chess with the owner until late in the night. If you like circus stuff (juggling) and games then this place is your paradies. The family meals in the evening were just perfect as well.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank D
Reviewed May 2, 2016 via mobile

I never stayed here. Even though I'm not the guest, the lovely couple was still welcoming us warmly. You may find a small football field (without grass), a hidden slide to Mekong river, a playful slackline, a relaxing spot to chill and natural voices. If you love nature, I'll highly recommend to you. And remember to visit on 2nd of February, you may bump into a happening birthday party for the owner.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cici Lim C
Reviewed April 21, 2016 via mobile

We stayed in this beautiful place for three nights and enjoyed every single minute! It's a little paradise just next to the Mekong and there's everything you need: hammocks that are more comfortable than you might think, absolutely amazing (!!) food freshly prepared by Max and his little team, cool drinks & always a good company. You can rent bicycles or a motorbike to explore the island with its pagodas and the area around or just relax between lemon and jackfruit trees, enjoying the view over the Mekong River - even a little pool is available.
Definitely the best place to stay we've been to in Cambodia!!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christian N
Reviewed November 14, 2015 via mobile

Awesome and relaxed place at the riverside. Living kind of an community live on a Mekong island with people from all over the world. Very good food, Max worked as a cook once. Perfect place to stay a week and discover the countryside with a bike. Thank you Max and Hélène

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Tassilo H
Reviewed April 10, 2015 via mobile

This is such an awesome place to stay. The owners a a lovely couple who look after every guests needs 100%. They have created a place with a lovely relaxed atmosphere.

Within a really short space of time you become part of the Mekong Bamboo community. This is largely due to the communal table that encourages everybody to sit and eat together (and drink together!)

The food is amazing. Max and Helen were so good at providing me with vegetarian meals and asked in the morning what I would like for dinner I'm the evening. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them.

The hammocks are extremely cheap at $2 a night or a mattress for $3 a night. All the bedding is very clean.

The bathrooms and toilets are cleaned everyday and are spotless.

I meant to stay for 2 nights and ended up staying here a week. It's a hard place to leave.

I couldn't recommend staying here enough.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo