“Extremely disappointed”
Review of Sinclairs Siliguri

Sinclairs Siliguri
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Siliguri
Reviewed 10 August 2017

The hotel, generally, appears tired. The service of staff is okay, but they don't go out of their way to assist. What really soured my experience was an email I received from the hotel after I left. In error I had given an incorrect room number when signing for one of my restaurant meals. At check out I hadn't picked this up. The day after I left the hotel I received an email advising me of the missed payment and how I could make the payment. This is all fine and acceptable. But what got me was then literally a threat, stating that if I didn't pay the bill the staff would be made to pay for my error! I did not appreciate this threat or the implied way that staff are treated. Until then my experience had been relatively neutral; neither impressed nor disappointed. However this tipped the balance. I would choose NOT to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Sudhakaran, General Manager at Sinclairs Siliguri, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review. We have taken note of the concerns pointed out by you and have briefed our team to be more responsive in serving our guests. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you. We promise you that your next stay will be a delightful experience.

There are newer reviews for Sinclairs Siliguri

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

A comfortable hotel in a quiet oasis
Nice tidy rooms and friendly staff who are more than happy to assist to arrange any local transport
Fantastic food from hotel restaurant
I will return again on my next visit!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JayfromAustralia

Dear Sir,

Thank you for an excellent review of our property. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our food. Your appreciation of the staff will motivate us to work harder to deliver superior services to our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Sinclairs Siliguri. We also invite you to visit our six other hotels/resorts in Darjeeling, Dooars, Kalimpong, Burdwan, Ooty and Port Blair. The Sinclairs team in these locations will be happy to serve you.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I have always stayed in Sinclairs whenever I was in Siliguri in the past. Sinclairs use to be a very nice hotel. I was just there this past month, July of 2017. I wished I had stayed somewhere else this time. The first room on the second floor had water damage on the ceiling and the wooden floor, and the room smelled moldy. The paint was peeling off the ceiling. They moved us to three other room after I complained, they were all the same. One of them had a leaky toilet, the leak was between the tile floor and the toilet itself, when you flush the toilet after use the raw sewage seeped out into the bathroom floor. I will never go back, and will never recommend Sinclairs to anyone.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Joseph H

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your review. We are indeed saddened by the fact that you did not find our services and amenities up to your expectations. The guests generally are appreciative of our property as well as the service. Your experience is an aberration and we promise you a memorable experience during your next stay with us at Siliguri or any of the six other Sinclairs locations.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

An amazing person very cooperative and amazing service in restaurant super amazing guy. He has ensured that our stay remains comfortable. A very enthusiastic guy . Hotel staff is also amazing . Overall a stupendous experience. Service is superb right from house keeping to restaurant staff

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Sudhakaran, General Manager at Sinclairs Siliguri, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review and the wonderful words about our property and the services.We are thankful to you for your appreciation of our team members.Your words of appreciation are all we need as motivation towards providing better services to our guests.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Rooms are ok but old nerds renovation. Food is not good.good location. Does not have airport drop facilities.dinning near poolside is ok.a bar which caters the need of middle class choice . Never try panda fish ..they are never fresh.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Sudhakaran, General Manager at Sinclairs Siliguri, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your review. We are disappointed that you found shortcomings in our property. Generally guests appreciate the interiors and overall look of our hotel, therefore little surprised at your comments. The food in our restaurant is made of fresh ingredients as we do not recycle food. The airport transfer is not complimentary; we do arrange the same at cost.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

The thing about Sinclairs is that it's dependable, property is very good, professional staff so no unnecessary surprises or goof ups by anybody and of course great food and comfortable sleep quality. It's got a great secured perimeter and is a little difficult to spot as it's on the darjeeling highway so there's a high chance you'll miss it if you don't look for it or carefully slow down. Breakfast quality is excellent, my favourite time of the day. Dinner was also good both buffet and in-room dining. I had probably the best showers in the standard / deluxe rooms that which of course is very refreshing after hard day's work.
The pool is shallow and nothing special. Health club is ok and even if they say they have Spa, they actually don't. So all health club related expectations you can forget. Kind of misleading for Sinclairs on that front.
But overall it's the best you'll get in Siliguri.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Sudhakaran, General Manager at Sinclairs Siliguri, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your review and the wonderful words about our property, the variety of our food and the services. Please note that we do have spa but we sincerely regret that the Spa was not operational for certain repairs.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Sinclairs Siliguri is decent property on Hill Cart Road and is centrally located. It has well appointed rooms. Property is well maintained. It has good swimming pool and a gym catering to all basic requirements. Food quality needs improvement. While staff is good , there are at times service delays when property is sold out. We visited during Darjeeling agitation , since property was sold out , it had impacted service standards as well as food quality. My suggestion to management is to ensure there is no compromise on quality and " customer experience". Overall good and comfortable stay . Recommended.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Sudhakaran, General Manager at Sinclairs Siliguri, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you liked the location of our property and the facilities.Guest feedback is an invaluable aid in our continuous endeavour to enhance customer experience.