“Warm and Friendly Atithi”
Review of Hotel Atithi

Hotel Atithi
Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Pondicherry
Creve Coeur, Missouri
“Warm and Friendly Atithi”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I was planning for a night's stay in Pondi and was debating which hotel to choose from, I stumbled across a property 2 years old, amazing reviews and decided to stay at Athithi. The reception staff was very friendly and it was one of my quickest check in procedure in any of the hotels I have been across the world. The food was exceptional ...especially the morning breakfast and room service. With just a 5-10 min ride to the beach I Would definetely recommend this place for people who are visiting Pondicherry.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank HOLIDAYVAC
Atithi-Pondicherry, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your recent Stay in our Hotel and delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the truly Atithi Hospitality.

I thank you for taking your time out and review our Hotel. Your valuable feedback and positive comments are highly appreciated and it will surely motivate me and encourage my Team to excel in “Customer Delight”.

We will look forward to welcome you again at Pondicherry and will take every steps to exceed expectation.

Warm Regards
M : 91 90030 43214

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The hotel is really clean, food is very good, staff is really friendly. Staff understand that the real value of every hotel is satisfied customer.
Perfect pool. We needed a doctor - hotel doctor arrived very quickly. Most helpful was Mr. Karthik - he arranged our further travel and did it in a friendly and professional mannner.
Taxi drivers try to charge high prices - be careful

Room Tip: Rooms on high floors give good view on the city
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrey B
Dear Mr. Andrey,

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 15 February 2012

It is a good hotel in heart of city, near to Aurbindo Ashram, French Colony ( Walkable). So location wise it is very nicely located.

Rooms were qutie spacious, in fact my wife liked the room very much and she appreciated it to be one of the best we have stayed in. Staff courteous and helpful, we were traveling with our infant kid and restaurant staff helped us out of way in serving porridge for my kid in morning and preparing cutomized dal for our kid. All in all pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Mr. Rajesh,

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Had spent a day last weekend with my wife and a coupleof other friends, the overall experience was truly shocking to me from the context of how a hotel of this size could be run (or not run!) in this fashion.

Let me list out the incidents:
- Day 1
- Check in - was assured of 20% discount at the time of my tele booking but denied at check in, after much talking this was given
- Rooms on level 2 - A wedding reception was in progress, the music was so loud we could hear it with the doors closed, and if we were to step out to any of the common areas we needed ear plugs
- Dinner - reached the hotel at 10.10pm asked at the reception if the terrace BBQ restaurant was open, on hearing an affirmative answer we went up, the captain there said the kitchen is closed, on mentioning that the reception sent us he called them and gave an mouthfull in our presence itself! The then 'kindly' agreed to give us some pulav that too only to the room. We agreed as we were dead hungry
- Drinks - we reached the rooms and called the room service at 10.20 and they said the liquor service was closed, I went down to the bar to see a locked door with 10 mins to spare for closing time. One giving a piece of my mind to the reception they 'requested' the bar captain who then consented to take a last order but again only send it to my room which we were ok with.
Day 2
- Breakfast - Just decent/Enough
- Call from the reception (a lady) asking if we wish to extend our stay, we said 'no way' and my wife went on the tell her why, she promptly hung up during the course of the call
- Check out - The room service person was checking the mini bar and asked me if I had the beers, I replied in negative. I said there were no beers to start with. And to my surprise he just said 'ok sir'.. there was no record of any opening stock!!
- Billing - After clearing the bills which by far was the only that was done properly, my wife insisted on a feedback book, on receiving an A4 sheet she demanded to meet the manager.. Now rather than elaborating anymore she just gave up after hearing him!!

Don't ever go here, there are far better places to stay in Pondy if planned in advance.

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank indrajitkalidasan
Atithi-Pondicherry, Executive: Aitken Spence Hotel Managements Private Limited (Managing Agent of Hotel Atithi) at Hotel Atithi, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback with regard to your recent stay with us. We do value your opinion and will definitely take your suggestions into consideration and will relay your feedback to the necessary parties.

The 20% discount was exclusively for bookings made through the hotel website and was not applicable to off-line bookings, however, the discount was granted to you ( deleted the r) after taking your reservation into special consideration. Due to liquor licensing regulations the hotel is not permitted to serve alcohol after 22.30 hrs in public areas which is why the purchasing of alcohol at the bar was not permitted however we made arrangements for your liquor order to be delivered to your room when you made the request at 23.05 hrs.

With regards to the feedback forms, we do apologise for running out of our printed guest questionnaires as such we had to provide you with A4 sheets in order to obtain your feedback.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments.

Best Regards,
Management Team
Hotel Atithi
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 February 2012

One night stay here with family. Very good buffet, wide spread and tasty food. The staff were polite and helpful. The room was large, comfortable and clean. There is a small gym with cardio equipment and free weights, you need it with all the rich tasty food you will eat there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

chennai
Reviewed 24 January 2012

They are consistently improving from a visit after visit. I frequently visit this hotel and every time i get some surprise in their service. From Check-In till Check-Out we are properly treated. They are gradually moving towards the next star level of service. They are one of the best hotel in Pondicherry. As i'm a frequent visitor to Atithi i even got upgraded to Suite room once. The small value additions always makes customer happy. They are very well aware of the same.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank GOWRISHANKAR
Auckland
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I found the hotel staff very obliging and helpful. The hotel itself was very well maintained and clean. It was quiet and peaceful and we had a really good rest before continuing on to the next phase of our journey.I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family and there's no guessing where I'll stay on my next visit to Puducherry.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diamOnd8Auckland
Atithi-Pondicherry, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this review, 30 March 2012

E: gm.atithi@aitkenspencehotels.in