All reviews chalet room main city small gym fish pond bon fire nice property premium room hustle and bustle place to stay rooms are big candle light dinner f b welcome drink mg marg room service maintained property buffet spread
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Excellent Behaviour of All the Team Members, Nice Ambiance, Familiar Atmosphere. Overall Satisfactory Visit. Thanks to Entire Team of Summit Norling for Making Our Trip More Wonderful..
Deepika, Sudheer, Smita, Marina, Pratima and Chef Avinash & Diwakar, You Guys Are Truly Awesome.Stay Blessed

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Deepshikha-DS, Manager at Summit Norling Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear Guest,

Namaste!

Thank you for staying at Summit Hotels & Resorts and for your valuable feedback.

Happy to know that Summit Hotels & Resorts was associated in making your stay a memorable one.Thank you for your gracious compliments for the hospitality & service provided to you by us. It delights me to know the fact that you were pleased with my associates and recognizing their efforts & appreciating their hospitality. I am glad that you liked the food served in the restaurant.

Our endeavor is to create delightful memories for our guests & I am glad we could serve you well. Comments such as these always helps us in encouraging my team to strive for excellence in their work and be of better hosts in future. We value your patronage & look forward to welcoming you back to the Summit Hotels soon.

Yours in Hospitality
Subankhar Majumder
Unit Manager
Summit Hotels & Resorts
Reservations: +918388877888
info@summithotels.in

Reviewed September 9, 2018

One of the bad experiences I have gone thru on my business/family trips. Booked the Northeast package thru Makemytrip and asked for 4STAR hotels and we were having high expectations but when we reached the HOTEL our bad experience started , it is outside the city and approach road was too bad . When we reached the hotel , the rooms we got were much below our expectation . The only positive thing I can say is the the STAFF , they are very polite and very helpful.
Will not recommend this property

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

I booked Summit Norling Resort and Spa, Gangtok as a surprise for my wife's birthday and trust me i couldn't have taken a better decision. This lovely resort in mesmerizing Gangtok is the place to be. You are hugged by green in the lap of nature. The food, the staff, the rooms (particularly the chalet room) are amazing. The views from the place and the sense of freshness rejuvenates you completely. We most lived the constant relaxing sound of the mini waterfall within the resort. An amazing experience

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Namaste!

It is gratifying to receive feedback such as yours which demonstrates that we are moving in the right direction and upholding the value envisioned by our group. It is our utmost focus in the Summit Group to provide our guest with personalized services & facilities which meets high standards of hospitality.

Luxury is a unique and personal experience is core to the Summit philosophy & I am glad that we were able to create a memorable experience for you. Our staffs is our biggest assets. I am glad to hear that you found our staff helpful & courteous. We are truly fortunate to have such an amazing team. Your kind words have been shared with my staffs and they are extremely happy to hear from you. I am happy to learn that you were able to enjoy your sojourn with us. Assuring you a comfortable stay & looking forward to welcoming you back to the Summit Hotels soon.

Yours in Hospitality,
Subhankar Majumder
Unit Manager
Summit Norling Resort & Spa
Reservations: +918388877888
info@summithotels.in

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

I stayed there for a night. I am repenting on my decision to book his hotel. The approach road is really bad. On the top of it rooms are in bad state with poor hygiene standards. This is no where a 4 star property and does not do any justice to the exorbitant amount that we paid for the chalet room. The staff specially the receptionist was rude and impolite.

Please avoid and go for any other property if possible. Complete disappointment!!!!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel for just one night and we were disappointed. I rarely give bad reviews but there are multiple reasons why I just gave two stars.

Hotel location: It very far away from the mall road. On asking if there is a shuttle available, the reception staff told us to contact the travel helpdesk.
The approach road to the hotel is in bad condition and there are no singage on the way.
We checked with a cab driver and the rate for the drop at the mall road was 300 and another 300 for the pickup on the way back.

Rooms and bath: we booked the top category room "Chalet" thinking that it will be amazing. The room had seepage marks on walls and the worst was that in room on the ground floor you can hear stomping noise when people on the floor above move, making it extremely difficult to enjoy in peace. The wooden flooring was coming out in some places. There were big mosquitoes in the room.
As per the booking site, the room also promises a bathtub with a great view. Frankly, the bath tub is extremely small and it good only for children.
Overall the resort is lush green, has its own waterfall but that's no reason to pay an exorbitant amount.

Attitude of the reception staff : attitude makes the most impact. We approached the reception staff three times and all three times we got rude or "It's not our problem" replies. First to comment on the bad roads, the answer we got was that it would be just a small stretch. I am not blaming them for the road conditions but frankly justifying it by saying that it was just a small stretch is not good.
Second, to ask if a shuttle is available, again keeping the road conditions in mind and the exorbitant charge for lousy rooms, they should provide free shuttle service, but even if they don't they should have a pre- negotiated rate with some cab drivers OR atleast have multiple cab driver numbers and tell the guests what they should be paying. However, again the attitude was here is the travel desk number - call them, we can't assist.

Third to talk about the room and the view as it was not as shown on the booking website- again we were made to feel that it's fine and we will get to know in the morning. Adding to the pain we were told that ALL other rooms are occupied. We observed next morning that the rooms next to us were empty.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple