See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 23, 2016

The hotel is not far from Tangshan train station, ten minutes by bus or taxi. It has an amazing swimming pool and the service is very good. You can easily communicate with the staff for most basic things. The buffet is a good place to take a rest and the prices are very reasonable. 5 Star luxury in Tangshan and not too expensive. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Victor1919, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel,Tangshan, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Shangri-La Hotel, Tangshan and I am truly glad to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 20, 2016 via mobile

Booked the Shangri-La in Tangshan for 6 nights. The staff were more than accommodating, even went to the train station to get me a ticket to avoid language difficulties. The executive chef, Rocky, was a pleasure, with lots of information regarding the hotels food and even treated me and my colleagues to a special Chinese lunch and kitchen tour. Food was great, with so many options that it was difficult to choose. Mentioned the first day that I liked ice in my drinks and every day after that my ice bucket was filled twice. The general manager, Victor, was very personable and stopped to chat several times and the whole staff made you feel at home. The hotel was excellent value and would most definitely be my first choice when returning to Tangshan

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Shangri-La Hotel, Tangshan and it was a pleasure meeting and speaking with you on the occasions that we met in the hotel during your stay. I am very glad to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 19, 2016 via mobile

This hotel and service exceeded our expectations. The room was spacious and attention to details was impressive. We loved the pool and health club amenities. It made for a relaxing time at the end of the day. The bed was very comfortable.
The staff and service was amazing. We were treated like very special guests with every effort made to make our stay comfortable and memorable. When my husband had a cold, hot lemon and honey showed up in our room. We can't say enough good things especially as our only language was English. The executive chef, Rocky, made us feel like we were at home.
Thanks for an amazing stay....the best hotel experience we have ever had in all our travels. Your friends from Canada.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Shangri-La Hotel, Tangshan and I am pleased to learn that you and your husband had a comfortable amd memorable stay with us during your recent visit. We do look forword to having you back with us again soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2016

Expect your room to be very hot since the hotel A/C does not work in any room.
No or minimal Western food.
Club level is a joke.
The staff aver very nice and helpful as much as they can.
Lot of potential if they get their issues corrected.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Shangri-La Hotel, Tangshan and I am truly apologetic for the experience you had encountered during your stay. Please rest assured that we have addressed the issues that you had highlighted.

Nevertheless, I am glad to learn that our people had beeb helpful during your visit and we do look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed March 11, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is located in Lubei district, a nice decor and a very colorful vividly organized dining area with a wide range of food (some vegetarian dishes could be added though), a good gym with a great pool and sauna rooms. Very thoughtfully organized clean rooms with well placed accessories. Room service is usual excellent !!! I've always been a fan of Shangri-La's and this property is worth coming back. In the back of hotel surrounded by high rise buildings there seems to be a huge golf course type area which is not yet green but following one spring, I guess it'll be a great view.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Shangri-La Hotel, Tangshan and I am glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and also managed to make use of our Health Club facilities. We look forward to having you back again in the not too distant future.