All reviews famine museum nice meal well worth a visit friendly reception brown bread strokestown house main course sunday lunch second to none would highly recommend this hotel family room west radiator ireland fry carvery cleanliness
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Handy place to pull in for a cup of tea and use the bathrooms on the way to Mayo as they are always clean. Food doesn’t be too bad. Had soup which was grand but could have done with more brown bread as the slices were very small. Parking at side and rear of premises and out on the street but be careful pulling in and out of the hotel as the road is very busy.

Room Tip: Park out on the street handier.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

I was in the area to attend a friend's wedding. He had booked me into The Percy French so I didn't know what to expect.
When I arrived I was greeted by the owner and made to feel at home.
Nothing was a problem and the staff couldn't have done more for or group that was staying.
The highlight was the breakfast and on Sunday, we had beautiful toasted scones and clotted cream in the back bar as various groups passed headed to Dublin and Knock.
The way the large groups were handled by the staff showed a level of professionalism that I have only seen in a couple of places I have worked.
I will definitely use The Percy French as a base to explore the Midlands in the future.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2017

We stayed in a room near the front of the hotel and the very poor soundproofing meant that we were as much a part of the function downstairs as any of the guests, unfortunately, we hadn't been invited. The disco ran until well after midnight and the swinging front doors directly below and in continual use by smokers only served to exacerbate the situation; we were given no warning of any of this when we checked in and a mediocre apology when we mentioned it.
The room was lit in a rather dull fashion with no heating and poor ventilation because of stays on the windows. Bed was comfortable and storage ample.

Staff were generally quite friendly, if a little short on actual hospitality skills and breakfasts were quite good too, aside from the blaring television but, overall, I couldn't raise my rating above average.

We were in town for a family function held in the small ground floor room which was perfect for this, Food was up to the mark without being over-ambitious but tasty and hot when it arrived.

Wi-Fi was a little slow most of the time.

Room Tip: Take a room at the back for a better night's sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2017

what i really liked about this hotel they made you feel very welcome always smiling great staff, great super woman that runs this hotel works till 4 am if there any functions on back in the morning to do breakfast and still smiling, we were only meant to stay the saturday night checked out tuesday morning just so comfortable and relaxed, i'm not really sure about wheelchair accessible you can dine but i'm not sure about rooms???rating 4 for cleanliness was just for the carpet someone must have dropped red wine/coffee.rating 4 for rooms room 14 needs new mattress room 9 great mattress

Room Tip: go to the back of hotel if you want it to be quieter
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2017

What can I say about this hotel, the family that run it are top drawer. A great wecome, the staff are amaxing and we have known them for over ten years now.

The rooms are spot on, we always book the same room as we like it so much. The food is always fantastic and the service is even better.

We look forward to returning to Strokestown next summer.

Also, the Hay Loft pub across the road is well worth a visit.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family