All reviewstree houseapo islandsoup kitchenkids clubinfinity poolthe penthouseyoga classesthe resident marine biologistoutdoor showerhealthy menuprivate dinnergarden apartmentwhale sharksrelaxing holidaydaily specialsnon diversmuck diving
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic resort, very clean, very friendly.
Fantastic food and well
Looked after.
Diving was ok but we did go after bad weather so vis was poor, if you love mud diving its a great place but no large pelagic stuff here

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank sinjinfood
AtmosphereManager, Manager at Atmosphere Resorts & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Hi sinjinfood
Thank you for the great comments and for visiting us here in Atmosphere. You’re right, most of our diving along the coast has some awesome critters. Sometimes we’re lucky to see some pelagic marine life in Apo Island, other than the turtles of course! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 4, 2017

Great place to take the kids, especially if the parents are divers. Although the diving is a bit more expensive than other places we've been, we appreciated the ability to leave our children at the kids club while we were in the water. We were even able to take a dive trip to Apo Island with the kids on the boat with a nanny, which allowed us to snorkel with them during the surface interval. The property is well-set up for children with two pools, a beach, and plenty of grass for running around. Food at the restaurant was good and many healthy options. All around excellent service from both the hotel and dive staff - we had a great time!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Hi hinalea
Thank you for visiting our little piece of paradise. We’re so pleased you decided to dive with us, leaving the kids to enjoy the Kids’ Cove. We know how difficult it can be, so we do hope that this made your stay a little bit more enjoyable knowing the kids were in good hands. We hope you choose to holiday with us again sometime.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

Win the 1st price in DRT in Feb 2017 for a free stay and dive in the resort. The resort and dive staffs are awesome from the booking of the trip till the end.

The place is along the highway and it is no where a town and so if you are looking for a quiet place then is this the place for you. The resort is self contain with various activities from spa, yoga, HIT, etc. The restaurant serve nice meals.

What I like best is the dive from the brief to the end of the dive. The guide is always attentive to the safety and look out for maro to show you. Some is so small you are wonder how they found it. They are also very accommodating, you list the creature you wanted to see and they will advise you which dive site to go and look out for you. The dive centre is well organise from the gearing up place to the boat.

We did a Oslob to see the whale shark and it is worth the effort. Last of all if you are tired of resort and wanted to explore out of it. The dumaguete city is about 30mins away depend on the traffic and you can take the public transport. the lobby counter staffs will be there to advise you how to go there and back (if all thing fail just call the resort they will send a van to pick you).

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank wklow

Hi wklow
First of all, congratulations on winning our competition! We’re so pleased that you enjoyed the diving and that our dive crew were able to help you find the critters you wanted to see. It’s nice that you took the time to see some of the local city too. Our reception team are here to help you with any queries you have and can always give you recommendations on other places to see around the area. We hope you choose to return to Atmosphere in the future.

Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

We spent a week in the Atmosphere Resort and we had an enjoyable stay. The dive team is very competent and knowledgeable about the local underwater fauna (a paradise for macro photographers) and the diving facilities are excellent. Our dive master, Je-An, was quick at spotting all sorts of small creatures and provided us with an unforgettable diving experience. The SPA is another highlight of the resort and we enjoyed great massages in a beautiful setting. Finally, the food was excellent with a wide choice to choose from. We had even the pleasure to be invited to a wine tasting by Ed, the sommelier, who gave us a nice tour of some New World wines from Argentina or New Zealand. All in all, it was a great holiday and I can highly recommend Atmosphere Resort .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Petrus61

Hi Petrus61
We’re charmed by your compliments and very thankful that you chose Atmosphere as your diving hub here in Dumaguete. We have passed on your kind words to Je-An, the dive team and Ed and the F&B team. We very much hope to see you here again in the future for more diving and wine tasting!

Reviewed October 21, 2017

I stayed at Atmosphere as part of my 40th Birthday celebrations in the Philippines, and have mixed opinions of it. The resort itself is very well maintained and beautiful. It's so peaceful and quiet, just how I wanted to spend my birthday, relaxing.

Booked 2 garden apartments and they were amazing. There were a couple of issues. I found the bed too hard for a luxury resort, and I get the eco-friendly part, but the number of bins and confusion was a bit too much. I couldn't work out where to put general rubbish. I would also have liked some greenery in the outside bathroom considering it's a garden apartment. Even if just some fake plants, to take away from the hardness of all the stone.

It is very heavily focused on diving, however that did not bother me as I expected that. We took a snorkeling trip to Apo Island and just loved swimming with the turtles. I was just what I expected. We also went on the Whale Shark trip to Oslob, and again was everything I expected.

I created memories here that would last a lifetime, and even proposed to my partner underwater on our Apo Island tour.

The disappointment came with the food. We utilised the TreeTop and had high expectations of the food, considering the price. Unfortunately we were let down, and had it not been for our waiter Clamance, we would have left. The food came out staggered, our friends with us would finish their course before ours was even served. Some courses had some extreme delays in coming out, and the main restaurant wasn't even busy. I suspect this could be due to the proteins all seemed to have been frozen. A couple of our dishes where still cold in the middle, others where over cooked and not that great. Instead of trying to create something French where the produce isn't rapidly available locally, I think it would be much better to focus on local cuisine/dishes that have ingredients rapidly available locally, and perfect them or put your own spin on them.

I was also a bit let down that I had emphasised when making the booking that I would be celebrating my birthday at the resort, and even advised them of my plans to propose. There was no special consideration/attention given to this, which was a bit dissapointing. Every other resort we stayed at on our holiday made a little extra effort to acknowledge this, even though were weren't there on the actual day. Missed opportunity here.

Overall though, the resort is lovely, the rooms very comfortable, and the staff friendly. Some minor improvements to be made, but an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Aminns,
Thank you for taking the time to review Atmosphere Resort. We really appreciate the kind words about the resort, the rooms, your trip to Apo Island and to the whale sharks in Oslob. We are sorry to hear that your food experience was below expectations – we have a lot of new staff in the F&B department right now and we believe you were unlucky to experience our food service and the lack of attention on your birthday as a result of this. If you chose to return, we believe that it would be a completely different experience! Congratulations on your engagement!