All reviews mexican food boat crew whale sharks small place great diving dive sites padi open water course cable tv kind of place macro life fish dive trip we loved our stay top notch the entire staff sea horses the kitchen staff
Reviewed July 1, 2018

Great food, really friendly staff, amazing dive instructors who were happy to help in any way they could, lovely, clean and spacious rooms and a nice pool area. Beach isn't amazing but the diving more than makes up for this!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 1, 2018

Excellent rooms that are well looked after and cleaned. The bar/restaurant is perfect for relaxing after a days diving, or the pool area if you’re that way inclined.

The diving itself is superb and I’d happily stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank James W
Reviewed June 19, 2018

We had a wonderful stay at Mike's Dauin Beach Resort. The personnel were all very nice and accommodating! And then there was Lola, the very adorable fat old black labrador. :)

Food was also good and very reasonable with large servings! The bedroom and bathroom are also big enough. The swimming pool was ok too, in case you just want to hang out in the resort.

The only problem we encountered was the water heater in our bathroom. It barely worked. But overall, we loved our stay there! We most probably will be back!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 12,769
Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

My family and I just spent a week at Mike’s and it was excellent. Three of us did our open water dive certification with Jonathan, who was an amazingly patient instructor. He gave each of us time and opportunities to learn at our own pace. He answered each and every question thoroughly. We had a great time at the resort and on the dive trips with him and his crew.

Corri runs everything else and makes things perfect for the guests. The staff is wonderful and funny and likes to make their guests feel at home. The beds were comfortable, the showers were awesome (high pressure and hot water), the air conditioning worked well, the size of the room was decent, very clean and enjoyable. The resort was quiet and homey; it allowed us to dive when we wanted and hang out and rest in our extra time, I even finished a book which I haven’t done in years. This will definitely be a memory we won’t forget! Thank you for working so hard to make this vacation great for us.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2018

We had a wonderful wonderful 4 days at Mike’s. It looks gorgeous in the pictures, but when we arrived we were stunned at how lovely it is. Set in a quiet, beautifully kept garden, we were greeted with smiles and the manager Corri took time to sit with us, telling us everything we needed to know.

We were there primarily for a diving holiday and we had an amazing time. The dive centre is very well-run and they were extremely accommodating. Expect the 5* dive treatment at Mike’s! The staff and crew won’t let you do a thing – and they always greeted us with friendly banter and smiles. The dive boat is enormous, so you have loads of space, there’s a toilet, tea, coffee, water and they even give you a nice fluffy towel to dry off after the drive on the ride back. Don’t sack off the muck diving on the local reefs of Dauin in favour of Apo Island, do both! The local reefs are teeming with incredible macro, my underwater photographer boyfriend was in heaven and rated it as his best-ever dive. Our guide, Gabriel, was probably the most talented spotter I’ve ever had the pleasure to dive with, he was pointing out the most well-camouflaged creatures left, right and centre. We also did the Apo day trip, 3 dives and loved it. Fantastic varied diving, fast drifts, stunning walls and pristine reefs, the biggest turtles I’ve ever seen. Our guide Ace was great fun and was very supportive when I became slightly 'stressed' during a drift dive, it being the first I’d done for a while. Highly recommend diving with Mike’s.

Our room was lovely - very clean, good shower pressure (hot shower if you need!), the bed very comfortable with ‘real’ non-foamy pillows, plus tea and coffee. We stayed in the upper level on the one at the end (not the ocean view) and it was peaceful and private. Everything in the resort is smart and very well-looked-after. We loved the traditional island-style decor and being right on the beach was perfect. The sun loungers are the most comfortable I think I’ve ever lain on, I could have easily spent the whole holiday chilling on those! We loved the food, too - highly recommend the omelette for breakfast, the salads are crispy, fresh, green and delicious, and if you feel like a pig-out, go for the Muchos Nachos - epic! Faultless bar and resto service.

This place is very well-run, relaxed atmosphere and perfect for couples, solo travellers (as a small resort it’s super easy to get to know people if that’s your bag) and families. Thanks Jonathan, Corri and the team, we’ll definitely be back!

Stayed: May 2018