All reviews biggest gripe great wifi sea view top notch marine sanctuary stayed for nights room type restaurant offers satellite tv rooms are large a wonderful stay star resort fish recommend this resort nice resort whale sharks scuba diving
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

It seems to be a privately run establishment. Cleaning is under par. We had to have shower heads replaced in several rooms due to mold. Toilet : bathroom had hair in the sink after being cleaned.

Rooms are fairly well sized and has a nice view.

Rooms do not have phones so it’s hard to call room service as you need to leave the room to get service.

Beach has lots of stone and isn’t cleaned. Lots of plastic and trash outside.

Food, breakfast / lunch / dinner is not worth mentioning. We did had a tenderloin steak which was okay but salads no good, fries very oily, squid no taste. For breakfast omelet was dry and peppery. Bread tasted stale and chewy, coffee quite weak as well and no free house water.

The pool however is good for kids.

All in all been there done that, not coming back.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

We booked 5 nights in this hotel unfortunately with non refundable payment.Before our holiday we sent a few emails about transfers and motorbike rentals and they were so informative and sent responses very quickly.
When we arrived at the reception there was a men sleeping on the sofa and a small girl with her mom was on the front desk just playing some game on the computer, and another woman just behind them were opening a small fridge and gave us our “welcome drink”.
She gave us the keys and also informed us there will be a private party for Hitachi on that evening and they also staying one night in the hotel so we can not use the restaurant only the bar area and if we want we can have dinner in the room.We were completely shocked and I asked the girl how many people gonna be, she said 90 and they all were laughing at the reception like its so funny.
So after all these we had a terrible evening.The music was so loud all night and after they stopped around 10 we heard everything from the surrounding rooms people shouting, laughing.We couldn’t sleep at all.The next morning we went 6 o’clock to the reception and informed them we are going to leave the hotel.We had several other issues what I am not going to mention,as there were fixable.I would like to warned everyone if you go there make sure they don’t have any event at that time because it may screw your holiday.Anyway we are so glad to leave that hotel because we found a beautiful place just 35 min drive from there called Cove paradise resort.We lost money but we earned some quality time at the other place.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pikator
Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here in December 2014. I reviewed this property with 4 stars. My biggest gripe back then was the horrible road to the hotel. Well they built a new one, so I thought it would be a perfect stay. I had a beautiful huge room, the staff was excellent, but things went downhill fast. First the Internet there is not usable. I could get it to work on my phone but none of the 3 computers I had with me. The staff told me to reboot the room's router, but it was of no help. I called my tech guy in NY and he surmised the routers are not configured correctly. I saw another reviewer on here complaining of the same issue. I wish I had read it before I booked. I was there on business so no Internet access was totally unacceptable. When I woke up the next morning, I went to take a shower, and there was zero hot water. I asked for assistance, and they sent up housekeeping who obviously had no idea how to fix it. Now there are no phones in the rooms, so if you have a problem, you have to walk to the office. Since I like to stay on the top floor, I had to make numerous trips up and down the steps trying to get things fixed. After about the third trip asking for a maintenance guy to come with no success, I threw in the towel and checked out. Let's talk about another couple of things. Despite the fact you cannot get basics like Internet and hot water, this resort continues to build out more rooms. It would be wiser to get the rooms in operation up to reasonable standards before building more rooms. The last trip, I found the restaurant to be excellent. The menu was fabulous as was the food. Well they obviously lost that chef, because the menu was changed and the food just average. The owner spends day and night on his computer in the restaurant. Obviously he has no problem getting Internet. Maybe it only works in that location and the office. He should get off his can and fix everything that is broken there. I would leave a single star, but the kind staff needs some type of acknowledgement. Another problem is they sell rooms through travel sites in addition to their own website. Rooms are available on Expedia, but sold-out on their own website. What a horrible business model! Anyway, you need to avoid this hotel. The frustion is just not worth it.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank sassicaia21
Reviewed March 5, 2018

We stayed a total of 8 nights here, 6 in a classic sea view, and 2 in a standard room. The Sea View is worth the upgrade

Pros: Clean, safe and secure with an excellent staff and chef. I found the meals fantastic
Cons: There is only a little beach, and you are a ways from town.

Caveats: Yes, they charge a bit high for tours, but I found the service worth the extra paid

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Missika
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about this place. I stayed for 5 nights in the more expensive Ocean view room. The room and amenities we're very nice. Great view, good wifi, AC, and satellite TV. No complaints.
However, I was disappointed that they have no on site scuba diving center as advertised. They offered me a Scuba Diver excursion for 3 times the normal price since there were no other divers. Therefore, I did all my Scuba Diving at an off site dive center about 5km away. To do this, I had to rent a scooter at an inflated price and they even charged me extra for the helmet. The prices in the restaurant were also relatively expensive and breakfast is not included. However, there are not many other options in the area. It felt odd that the hotel manager (owner?) had his desk set up in the middle of the dining room and never greeted or said a word to me during my entire 6 days stay. The staff were always very nice and professional.The guests seemed to be predominantly Chinese. This place has great potential, but needs some better guest relations.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo