I stayed at Atlantis Dumaguete for 7 days with the all inclusive package - accomodation, all meals, and 5 dives a day.
It was low season and therefore the resort was very quiet in terms of the number of guests. This made it a very intimate experience. The staff say hello to you at every opportunity and the reception, dive staff and bar staff all take the time to learn your name.
Their rooms were very well maintained, very clean, plenty of hot water (solar powered, so environmentally friendly too!) and they provide quality toiletries from Paris - the moisturiser is fantastic and definitely a plus after the hot Philippine sun and a day in the ocean.
The food was of excellent quality. Three courses for both lunch and dinner with options for those with dietary requirements. Breakfast was a la carte - I recommend the Eggs Benedict and the pancakes!
Reception were so accomodating with organising transfers, help with booking flights or day tours, and advice on how to get from place to place.
The diving was so easy here! It is definitely a macro divers paradise. The guides are excellent at finding the small critters. Even though it wasn't the best time of year to dive, we were never unable to get out on the water and I definitely saw plenty of small things to keep me occupied. There are also turtles everywhere! You must take the day trip out to Apo Island - a completely different type of diving filled with blue water, light, big fish and small and perfect for wide-angle photography.
The boat captains and dive staff are super helpful - they take most of your gear for you to the boats including your heavy camera equipment for you and stow it safely on the boat. By the end of your last day's dive, you're very grateful for such service!
32% Nitrox was available as well as variable size tanks. I didn't use their hire dive gear but others did and from what I saw it was of good quality.
The resort has a spa which provided a fantastic massage. I went three times and it was always worth it. Everyone I spoke to staying at the resort also really liked the spa.
The resort is about 1.2km from the town of Dauin, I walked in to have a look around one afternoon and it didn't take more than 15 minutes, however you could easily get a jeepy in very cheaply. There is an ATM in Dauin if you need cash.
On our non-diving day we took an ATV tour into the hills and went to some hot springs - we were the only people there! This was definitely a great option for a bit of action after a lazy week by the beach! the reception organised it all for us.
I cant wait to get back there for some more macro heaven!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a thirty minute drive from the local airport (only a sixty minute flight from Manila), on a long peaceful stretch of beach, lies the lush and luxurious Atlantis Dive Resort. Surrounded by an amazing tropical garden with some of the rarest plants to be found in the Philippines it is just a short trip to some of the most renowned dive sites in Asia - Apo Island, Siquijor and of course the local Dauin Marine Sanctuaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your Atlantis Dive Resorts Dumaguete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Dive Resorts And Liveaboards
- Atlantis Dive Resorts & Liveaboards Hotel Dumaguete City
- Atlantis Hotel Dumaguete
- Atlantis Dive Resorts Dumaguete Dauin, Dumaguete City, Philippines