Azure Dive Resort
Atmosphere Resorts & Spa(Dauin)
US$248
US$203
US$349
US$333
US$102
US$80
US$119
US$106
Mike's Dauin Beach Resort(Dauin)(Great Value!)
US$55
Orbitz.com
Liquid Dumaguete(Dauin)(Great Value!)
US$48
TripAdvisor
All reviewsabout minutes from the airporttranquil surroundingsdive resortdeep poolapo islandbig groupoverlooking the oceanfood choicesspent nightsgreat place to stayenjoyed our stayhot watercamera roomgreat divingglennyogaboats
Reviewed June 30, 2017

Beautiful and comfy resort, with nice staff and management. Room was very new looking, with nice restaurant. Food was good and the view from the restaurant is amazing, overlooking the ocean. Diving in Dauin is of course very well known. Recommended!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2017

As usual, I'll start with the constructive feedback and end with the super positive commentary.

Well, the resort's name indicates its a yoga place so we choose it so the significant other, who is into yoga, could do something while I dove. The resort is not really a yoga resort, they didn't even have yoga mats and no instructor. They have a little green grassy area that you can do yoga in but bring your own supplies.

When diving, my fins were accidentally taken out by the dive masters with other divers. I left the resort without them but they were sent to me within days by the owner who personally texted with me, apologized, and cared for their return. Luckily I live in the Philippines or this would have been much more of an issue.

Now for the great things about this resort!
1. location, location, location. Apo island, for divers, is 20-45 mins away (depending upon which boat you are in).
2. Dive staff. I went out one day with a dive master and boat guy. We saw the largest sea turtle ever...the size of the hood of a VW bug. awesome. Dive staff know exactly where to take you.
3. Food is great too! kudos to the cook, beef salpicao and chicken were flavorful!
4. Owner is on site and social. Nice to have around!
5. Their is a little store walking distance away...5 minutes. It closes early (7ish?) but has all the basic supplies you need for your room. take advantage!
6. Dive rental rates for equipment are low! only real expense are the boats...ask but I don't believe you will find much cheaper at a reputable resort.

overall, great place and I would certainly go back for the diving and ambience.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andy_the_ex-pat
Reviewed May 23, 2017

The resort is very cute, rustic and comfortable. We were a big group staying there before NYE and we had a blast.
Rooms are basic but clean, the restaurant has great home cooked filipino food, staff were extremely friendly and activities good despite weather.

Room Tip: ground floors look like nicer rooms
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

It's a small hotel with less than 15 rooms I guess. Staff are friendly and helpful. I heard they made a number of improvement since my friends visited last year.
Room is simply but clean. We have rooms on the ground floor.
Pool area is nice
Diving is excellent- thanks to the professional dive masters and crew who are very very attentive and helpful

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2017

Traveled here with a group in February 2017. We were met at the airport by Glenn(owner) and all our luggage was loaded up and we made the 40 minute ride to the resort. Upon arrival we were greeted by Catherine, Glenn's wife and the resort staff. After a quick orientation with a cool drink, we settled into our rooms to unpack and unwind. I opted not to make a late afternoon dive and enjoyed the large pool.
My meal plan included the buffet consisting of traditional Philippino dishes, all very good. Breakfast was more Western style with eggs cooked to order along with the buffet. I did try some of the menu items items and all were good. The Chicken Adobo was spot on and the pork dishes great. My dive buddy ordered the hamburger and it was very close to the ideal American burger!
The dive operation was very smooth and organized. We departed each day on time and the dive guides showed us the local critters since I am a videographer and asked to see specific species. The resort has two traditional bangcas that can handle 10-14 divers easily and we made the excursion to Apo Island in 35 minutes. They also have a smaller "fast" boat for smaller groups to dive locally. The resort offers rental equipment and nitrox (for a fee) as well as air.
The Photo Room was air conditioned, which is a big deal to me in the tropics when you are always fighting to prevent moisture in the housing. Also, ample charging stations and well lit.
I had a room on the lower floor. It was well maintained and had a big shower and air conditioning. The resort had 24-hour staffing, not that area is bad, it's just nice to know someone is looking out for you camera and SCUBA gear at night.
I do recommend this resort and definitely look forward to returning!

Stayed: February 2017