“Great food !! ”
Review of Dauin Dive Cafe

Dauin Dive Cafe
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Dauin
Cuisines: European
Description: Great value meals and friendly service - All Day Breakfasts, Quality Burgers, Seafood, Pasta, Vegetarian, Philipino, Baguettes & Salads Fruit Shakes and Ice Cold Beers Enjoy!
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

Our kids took their SSI with Dumaguete Divers which is where this cafe is located. Great food from western to local, good selection of food on the menu and reasonably priced. The burgers with fat chips are great !
Friendly staff and opens 7am til late. A must if you are looking for decent food.

simon s, Manager at Dauin Dive Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Thanks very much for your kind words.
We are very happy that you enjoyed our great food while the family took their Open Water Course.
Our Wagyu and Angus Burgers continue to be as popular as ever and thanks for mentioning my favorite fat boy chips too!
The staff are having a great time with the family and we wish everyone success and safe diving for the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

Great menu for westerners . Had Farmers plate . Great cold cuts, cheese and salami. Group if 11 all ok Poppers great with local peppers and cheese

simon s, Manager at Dauin Dive Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind review.
Farmers plate always popular with Spainsh imported meats and English cheeses...
Life's Good

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Hello my dear, fellow travelers!
I have been in Dauins Cafe more times than I can count on both my hands, and ordered more, than I can count on both my hands and feet! For two reasons I came back: The staff that works there, and very important too, of course, the food (the kitchen is open, so you can see your food being made), and those too combined was all it took for me to fall in love with the place!
So people, if you go to Dauin, promise me you go here ;-) You can practice the names of the staff, before you visit: Rowela (the boss who runs the show), and then the amazing staff: Al, Ricky, Tony, Jermae, Geraldine, Janice, Rolette and Rodrigo. Amazing food also, you should get the schrimp in Curry, I dont know the exact name, but ask for it, and they will know what you mean :-)
Long story short: go there! You will not regret it, the place, staff and food is just amazing!

Ps. Try the Mango float, its taste is Gwapa (means beautiful in Visaya)!

1  Thank Sonja N
Simon S, Manager at Dauin Dive Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Thank you very much for such kind words and a great review.
It was great to see you every day at our cafe and we are pretty sure you covered most of the menu including our Thai Shripm Curry and Mango Float!
Open kitchen plan works and we try our best to encourage people to watch how we cook and pick up tips on the way.
Thanks also for giving all our staff a mention and everyone says hi.
We all look forward to your return and have a safe trip home.

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

Broad variety of food options that are cheaper than most places around. The taste of the food was average - not bad, not good. I liked the veggie omelet for breakfast and staff was very nice.

The cafe also had an outside sitting area which would be great if it would not face a rooster farm where those poor birds are screaming 24/7. It is a pretty sad view, because they are all in small cages and probably used for the cruel rooster fights. This is the only reason why I did not like to come here even though the food and staff was okay.

simon s, Manager at Dauin Dive Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Thanks for your review of our Dauin Dive Cafe.
We are happy you enjoyed your vegetarian omelette and the staff looked after you.
The Philippines have rooster farms everywhere and it's a strong part of their culture and as we person all know the owner rest assured the birds are treated well.
Hope you enjoy the rest of the Philippines and the diversity it offers.

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

Huge servings, Insanely good food, Awesome people and a small cafe that you should never underestimate. So glad my brother found you on tripadvisor rather than going for any known restaurants in the area for brunch. You made our tummies full and hearts happy :)

simon s, Manager at Dauin Dive Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Thank you very much for your very kind words.
We are really happy that you enjoyed your experience and food at our Dauin Dive Cafe.
Our staff loved your company too and all are looking forward to your return :-)
Wishing you a wonderful time in the Philippines and many great dining experiences to come.