Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TravelocityUS$90
Orbitz.comUS$90
Hotels.comUS$90
CheapTicketsUS$90
TripadvisorUS$90
Snaptravel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2016

Being in Haiti for a Mission Trip we wanted to have a hotel we could return to and feel comfortable. We booked this hotel by what we read on the internet, but were very disappointed when we checked in. The first thing that happened was that they did not have our traveling companion reservation and were going to make her pay again before they would allow her to check-in. She tried to pull it up on her phone but the Wi-Fi (that was one of the reasons we chose this hotel) was down and would be fixed soon (what a joke they blamed it on the company). We were there for 7 days and it was never fixed. They did let our friend check in and were willing to wait until she could reach her husband back in the US and he would send her a copy of the confirmation. When my husband and I got to our room the lights were not working, someone was on it right away and told us the bulbs were out and left the room, came back about an hour later with a light bulb that didn’t work where they were needed. But did bring us a lamp to brighten up the room so we had some light. Next it was the television that did not work. Technician came and there were several problems – no box no card, etc. When nothing worked he just left not to return until 4 days later. Then our hot water faucet in the shower did not work, we happened to have a screw driver with us so fixed it. Air conditioning was sporadic at best because the power kept going on and off. Very unpredictable.
The cleaning staff was great, always tidied the room, felt very comfortable with them. Other staff tried to be helpful.
Advertised that there was a breakfast buffet every day, that happened 2 days and then it disappeared. Had to order off the menu, which was very limited. Also anytime we ordered it took at least 45 minutes to an hour to get our food.

Room tip: Wi-Fi never worked.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Monte c, General Manager at Le Monte Cristo Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

All these problems are solved...

Reviewed September 21, 2015 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel for a little over two weeks, and I must say I enjoyed my stay here. The staff made it very easy for me to feel at home. They were extremely helpful, polite, and went above and beyond to ensure we had everything we needed. I would definitely choose to stay at his hotel again.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2015

OK, good things first. This hotel in the Tabarre neighborhood of Port au Prince Haiti (which is basically a "suburb" that looks/feels like a war zone) is just 3 minutes walk from the Caribe Tours bus station (located behind the NATIONAL gas station). Useful if you are coming from the Dominican Republic on a Caribe Tours bus and want to be near the airport, which is just 10-15 min away. It's also near the US Embassy (should you need it!), but that's it. Do not venture outside the walls without a taxi. It has decent food quality in the restaurant and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is also fairly new and clean. Those are the good points.

The bad side is that the AC did not work, the shower was a joke with the hot water lasting for 1 minute and coming out as a dribble (see attached pic). The WiFi only worked for a few hours before going off overnight and all the next morning. So much for checking in online... When the WiFi was on, the only place I found a strong signal was at the end of the hall opposite the check-in desk (near the business office where the router is undoubtedly located!)

This place has the potential to be a 3 star hotel, with a decent restaurant, pool and large rooms. But right now, it's a 2 star.

Won't return.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2015

Second stay in Haiti and first at this hotel due to location to the work location.

Arrived Sunday PM to nice reception and taken quickly to rooms. Sunday was a pool party with the music so loud we could not talk to each other outside so had to sit inside! We then took to have some dinner, ordered the Burger that took 1 hour to order. As we discovered the next day the waiter went to the local shop to get the food as they had nothing in stock, hence the 1 hour wait.
Went back to the room for relaxing shower and no hot water in bathroom. I informed management who 90 mins later apologized and informed me the pump had broken due to the power outage. An hour later they brought me an old bucket full of water to shower with...Awesome NOT!
Monday breakfast from the menu (no buffet or anything laid out). First comment from waiter we have no food, so I asked for some basic bread (got toast and butter) but what he meant was to say we have no sausages as the food delivery was Tuesday. At this point we gave up on the food and ate out after this. Breakfast day 2 I asked for two normal eggs and received and ham omelet, again took the toast option. Staff was slow in service and does take nearly an hour to get everything you ordered.
However the rooms are clean and tidy, staff are polite and pleasant and do try their best. The bed was very comfy, towels soft but I think they were brand new as they still had the tags on. The duty guy opened the bar up for us at 12 midnight for some water so that was a nice touch.
The setup is good with the pool and laid out, it just a few things that’s lets this hotel down. If they sort the food out and consider customers with the music it can be a good hotel.

Back to the room for relaxing shower and no hot water in bathroom. I informed management who 90 mins later apologised and informed me the pump had broken due to the power outage. An hour later they brought me an old bucket full of water to shower with...Awesome NOT!
SO to Monday breakfast from the menu (no buffet or anything laid out). first comment from waiter we have no food, so I asked form some basic bread (got toast and butter) but what he meant was no sausages as the food delivery was Tuesday. At this point we gave up on the food and ate out after this. Breakfast day 2 I asked for to normal eggs and received and ham omelette, again took the toast option.
Staff are slow in service everything is a go slow.

However the rooms are clean and tidy, staff are polite and pleasant and do try their best. the bed was very comfy

Room tip: all rooms are the same
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Roy G
Reviewed April 24, 2015

My family and I had the pleasure to visit this hotel during the summer of 2014. We asked and we were giving a tour of the hotel. This hotel in its entirety is impeccable clean, welcoming and charming. The décor gives it a tropical atmosphere which reflects a Caribbean destination. The owner and the staff are very friendly. We ate at the restaurant and the food was delicious. Although we have our own home in Haiti, we always spend a few nights at a different hotel each time we are in Haiti. Monte Cristo is our next place. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone whether you are traveling to Haiti in business or pleasure or get away from your home for a few days.

Room tip: Top floors in any side of the hotel have nice view because it is located in a high elevation, picturesque view.
Date of stay: August 2014