Open today: Closed
Book In Advance
Tours from Sete Gourmet Walking Tour tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Sete Gourmet Walking Tour
from US$78.30
from US$71.90
from US$38.00
More Info
All reviews roquefort cheese pie oysters cake octopus bread southern france pastries indoor market local market skip breakfast variety of foods enjoyable morning another couple nancy vendors foodie
Reviewed November 16, 2016

Sete is a pretty new stop for some Mediterranean cruise ships, so it is not quite a tourist destination yet. It is still very much a working fishing town. We were so happy that we had Nancy show us her favorite gourmet treats while we were here. Many guests on our boat got off and walked around, but got right back on the boat. We had a fabulous time tasting things that we wouldn't normally try (sardines, octopus pie!) and had history lessons along the way. The is one of the places in the world to get some of the best oysters, so oyster lovers should certainly sign up. Nancy is originally from Canada, but definitely has a French vibe, which is a good combination. One of the favorite things we did on our 14 day trip. Merci Nancy!

Date of experience: November 2016
3  Thank mqm2013
Reviewed November 4, 2016

We enjoyed the town and the scenery and the FOOD because Nancy was so familiar with all the intimate details of this charming off the track community. The bakery, the cheese the market-place, the wine... all were great because of her in-depth knowledge. Would go again and learn more!

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

Had an amazing morning with Nancy. Very interesting and full of useful historical tips. Inspite of the rain we walked around centre ville and also through Les Halles meeting and chatting to all the merchandisers and tasting their products.
Beautiful fresh fruits , pork, olives, breads, octopus pie, cheeses with lots of interesting advice like cheese etiquette how to cut cheese correctly! Not forgetting the wines and the cherry on top the delicious pastries and cakes. Thank you Nancy for a very enjoyable morning I highly recommend this tour as a must to do when in Sète.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed October 8, 2016

Nancy's knowledge and passion for the region is unsurpassed!! The amazing indoor food market is something to behold. Nancy also gave a overview of the history of Sete and it's people.The tastings were top notch,just so good. I was so impressed I booked another tour in Montpellier, a few days later,which is only 15 minutes away by car or train.

Nancy is a true pro,and it shows!!

Lew

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed October 3, 2016

I am originally from Sète but had a visitor from India for only a few days and wanted to have her discover the city in the best possible way. I can assert that Nancy's tour is exactly what I was looking for. Within 4 hours my guest had seen, heard, tasted, experienced in the friendliest way all that Sète has to offer. Nancy is extremely efficient and professional. I learned a lot myself about the food and wine of my region but also about the history of some of the spots we walked by. In my opinion it's the most memorable and sensible way to be a tourist.

Date of experience: August 2016