Hotel Soltroia
Monte das Faias(Grandola)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$126
US$83
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Dom Jorge De Lencastre(Grandola)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$126
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

Hotels.com
Brejo da Amada(Grandola)
Terra do Sempre(Grandola)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 21, 2017 via mobile

My review about this...place !!! Is so important because hopefully will help stop some cowboy managers carry on in the hospitality industry.
Done my search in booking.com as normal and the reason I decide to stay in this....place !... was simple- the location...a hotel in a hot day 50 meters from the beach was handy.
But the location ends up in a very expensive and nasty experience :
1- Arrived about 8 ish pm and we knok and knok the door...and nobody in reception...we rang the bell....and nobody listen..finally we have call the owner and she rang one staff to probably...wake up the siesta and do some work !!! Next day I found out...that I phoned to....Belgium to speak with the owner ???
2- My " suite" photo and reality is just a coincidence....the place smell of cigarettes and a humidity...because was windy night the place was freezing cold and noisy because of windows gaps.
3- Then the untrained staff start the show off...asked information about the tv channels ...she reply wasn't working - wrong...it was working but because was satellite channels most of them were German....but in my stay in a 4 stars hotel I really don't want to see a channels in german language try sell a carrot cutter or a machine to reduce fat in 12 hours.....bizarre.
4- Outdoors pool ( all year) ? .....wrong !!! Was dirty and not well maintained !!! The sun terrace was.....abandoned to say the least !! ATM/ cash machine on site ? Wrong !!! you need drive 1 mile or so to cash money...Game room ??? Where ? 24 hours front desk ? Wrong... in my 3 nights stay I never saw any staff in the front desk....I always have to call or ring bell...and maybe wake her up...Activities....??? Nobody told us nothing about anything whatever !!! Bar...??? A bar without beer or 7up or even a ....Coca cola and the wine list wasn't great !!! Casino ???? Absolutely....but not in area we need drive about 6 miles or more to Troia Resort....
5- Then I booked another " suite" because my daughter and friend was staying with us for a nigth...and the smell of humidity was even worse than my room.
6- After all this drama.....We noticed that every time we crossed with the staff....they ask me to pay....and pay with cash...and cash only !!!! Not card.... aparently the machine was broken !!!
7- Ok now the maths....we stay 3 nights and my daughter stay one night....but we pay 2 nights...because they left the room late.....bare in mine we were the only guests in....place and nobody wakes her up to leave or warning her the late hour...when they told me the sum of 630 euros bill... I went mad and I felt robbed by 2 untrained staff without any superior management in a 4 stars Hotel.... so I left and my partner payed this ROBBERY...to my shocking surprise....she told me back in my house.....NO RECEIPT GIVEN.....
A disgrace....a robbery.... PLEASE...CAN SOMEONE CLOSE THIS PLACE !!! Im so upset that at moment im looking for legal advice.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Miguel S
Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

It has a nice pool and lounge. It is about 4 miles from the Ferry landing. They have a small restaurant that serves the worst food I have ever eaten. To eat dinner you need to order at noon for that evening The free breakfast was cheese, cold cuts, white bread and cold cereal. Better the just stop serving food. Good luck if you don't have a car. They stopped the bus service and there is one taxi. Today we went decided to leave a day early do to the uncomfortable bed, musty odor, unless jacuzzi tub and muddy water off the small beach. The water the same day was clear at the beach near the town (hotels, restaurants, casino and ferry) Called for a taxi and found out he was in Lisbon for the day. Ask the hotel employee is there was a bus she said "not any longer". She was nice enough to drive us to the ferry for $10. We took it. Spend a little more and stay at the hotel's and restaurants near the ferry landing.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2016 via mobile

We came here for one night during our one week Portugal visit. It was our first night in Portugal and we did not first remember why we had chosen this location. The hotel is more like a house in nice location by the sea with outside pool. The staff were not very helpful and we asked what to do here, are there any sights and nice restaurants nearby? Well apparently nothing to do, no activities and one nice restaurant in 11 kilometers But when we just started to drive, there is a perfect beach in Comporta with several nice restaurants. And that was the reason we came here and you should too. The tiny central of Comporta is also wery idyllic. Hotel has ok rooms and modest breakfast but that is about all.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CallMeCaspian
Reviewed March 17, 2015

Although it is a 4 * hotel, missing some things such as, problems with heating the bath water, poor breakfast, grocery consumer products.
Although this season is still low, not without bad aspect to lack of cleaning the pool.
Moreover, the rooms are reasonable and well equipped, with furniture of family type.
The staff is attentive.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

i've just stayed here for a couple of nights, and i must say i expected more. the hotel is in a very quiet area, with nice pool overlooking the sado river mouth, with direct access to the beach;
the bedroom was ok, although it could have been better insulated from the one next door. either that or the neighbors were too loud. that said, there was no wifi throuhout, at least not in my room; the shower, one of the features i personally value the most, wasn't great with little pressure which to make matters worse, the hose wasn't long enough to reach its support without bending the pipe and killing the supply. exasperating...
last but not least, i personally feel that a ''4 star hotel'' should provide a lot more that just the portuguese public tv channels. there was nothing else available and the tv shows are just appalling.

the breakfast was ok, nothing fancy - the microwaved scrambled eggs with bacon is not the best choice really.

with all this said, i could still consider coming back - maybe i got a slightly worse room than the rest. the manager who greeted us was very friendly too. all of this would be fine, if it weren't for one the staff members who in my opinion crossed the boundary between the local "rough and the edges" overfriendlyness past to being rude.
i probably won't be gong back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family