“My choice of cafe in Batu Ferringhi”

Ferringhi Coffee Garden
Ranked #102 of 1,976 Restaurants in Penang Island
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We followed the reviews to this charming cafe in the quest for at least a half-decent coffee and our expectations were exceeded. Ferringhi Coffee Garden is an oasis of flowers and plants with inviting decor and all spotless (including the bathrooms which were meticulously clean). Dine semi al fresco or in the air conditioned area.
Wherever we travel in SE Asia I try to reduce the amount of milk I would normally have in coffee as the milk is all pretty average. Notwithstanding, the espresso coffees were very palatable indeed! Our cravings were more than satisfied.
Morning tea was enjoyable - scones with preserves and cream. We went back for a smashing breakfast the next morning having become quickly disinterested with our hotel’s offerings.
Staff were charming and they did not hesitate to give us a tour of their parent restaurant next door, the Ferringhi Garden Restaurant. We were sold on it too and dined there two evenings in a row (in another review!).

Reviewed March 23, 2018

We were extremely pleased with the food here: the chicken-fruit-quinoa salad and the Aussie-style burger were both delicious (although the oven fries were mealy and had a very strange seasoning on them). The garden atmosphere is delightful, and the service was excellent. But you will be paying a premium for the atmosphere and the food quality -- you may as well eat at a fancy hotel.

Reviewed March 11, 2018

excellent choice of cafe.....we will return like so many others....try it and see for your self...thats the only way you can appreciate the service and the food....this place is busy for a reason and its not for cheap food...its for quality at a low price...

Reviewed February 27, 2018

My husband and I went to this lovely cafe and thoroughly enjoyed our brunch. We had the full breakfast offered on the breakfast menu and it was delicious. The garden surrounding the cafe is beautiful and the time spent at this cafe was most enjoyable. Looking forward to returning soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

My husbands coffee barely tasted like coffee at all, just milk. My (outrageously expensive RM28.80) salmon extravaganza was made out of yesterday's leftovers with dried to crisp salmon and mash from day after.

My husband's bread also looked like something the big restaurant next door could have served yesterday. Not worth it.