“lovely family business and so helpful”
Review of Sams Batik House

Sams Batik House
Ranked #18 of 75 Shopping in Penang Island
Reviewed May 29, 2017

I had an outfit altered here and had to have four fittings, all done with a smile and no charge for the alterations at all. Great place they wee all so helpful. We needed a jeweller to fix a ring that had been broken, Michael - the owner - drove us to a place, the ring was fixed for very little money, he waited then drove us back to our hotel. What a great guy. His wife was lovely too. Be aware you need a great deal of time here, the place is absolutely full of clothes and material and also clients. to me this is a place not to be missed on any trip I take to penang. Thank you Michael for looking after us so well.

2  Thank Bernice D
aanchal92, Manager at Sams Batik House, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words. Hope to see you again in Penang.

All reviews
"outfit"
"skirt"
"tourists"

Reviewed May 9, 2017

And they hover rather than leaving you free to browse which is very off putting. The hard sell is uncomfortable as well. Assume that nothing is washable, even by hand or with great care. Clothes have shrunk. Very disappointing!

aanchal92, Owner at Sams Batik House, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2017

Hi Mam,
Good afternoon to you. Firstly i would like to inform you that there is a big confusion between 'Sams Batik House" and "Sams Collections" as we are just few doors away from each other. We are the original "Sams Batik House'. Our shop is the double storey shop. Being the owner of the shop, we are always in the shop.Our staff is trained not to pressurize anyone while shopping. We have been in business for 30 plus years.
Furthermore, most of our items can be hand-washed using mild soap, but some have to be dry cleaned at least once or twice. Hearing this comment is shocking to us as we don't pressurize anybody. If there are any other doubts or confusion kindly back to us via email sbhpenang@gmail.com

Reviewed April 15, 2017

Found beautiful silk shirts for my husband.Worth asking for a discount.Wished we had more time to look around as the store was jammed packed with large selection of batik and other clothing

Reviewed January 21, 2017

I visit SAMs every time I go to Penang . I love the embroidered tops .. They wash well, and go with my wide range of coloured trousers . If you buy a lot they will always give you discount . I have often been complimented on tops I have bought there , and I wear them all over the world

See more reviews
Reviewed December 17, 2016

Forget about the Batu Ferringhi night market: if you are looking for reasonably priced casual clothes, shirts, silk kurtas, cottons trousers, beach dresses, scarves, and yes, batik sarongs; or bed covers, table cloths or mats; or children clothes, bags and costume jewellery, this is the place to go to or bring your visiting friends. You won't need to take them anywhere else.
Prices have gone up in the last year or two (like everywhere else, actually) but you won't find another shop in Penang with as much choice and variety. This is an Ali Baba cave and you'd have to be a very picky customer to leave without buying something. Time is what you need, though, as the place is large and clothes are rather crammed; but the staff, and especially the owner, are very helpful.