“Great fun....but there are two and the one by the golden sands is better value ”

Seahorse Watersports
More attraction details
Owner description: Located behind Rasa Sayang hotel in Batu Ferringhi we offer jet-ski, parasailing, banana boat, fishing trips, family tube for individuals, couples, families and company outings. Our instructors are professional and well trained in safety and we follow local and international guidelines and safety regulations. Give us a call or visit our website / facebook page for more information.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I can't fault this experience as it was excellent and the staff were great with our kids who did para sailing and donut riding.

Very good equipment and well looked after.

There are two sites and the one in the rasa sayang hotel appears to be more expensive so go to the one by the golden sands (they use the same boats) and it's cheaper.

Have fun as this is great

1  Thank NeilJ-HongKong

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

After many very happy trips to Malaysia I finally have found something that has disappointed me.
Our family wished to revisit Monkey Beach having been there 15 years ago. On enquiry We were quoted 400RM for the boat and 50RM pp for a BBQ when we were there.
So we considered it and went back a couple of days later to book. We were quoted 600RM - but we wanted to go.
As soon as they got the money they were no longer interested in any pretence of customer service. Indeed we waited on the beach for half an hour with no communication as we awaited the boat which we had booked.
It was very rough and we had to be transferred to the boat on jet ski. The waves were high and on the way to monkey beach they were going so fast we bumped over a wave which jarred my back.
On arriving at Monkey Beach I can only say it was the biggest disappointment- where nature and monkeys had flourished there is now squalor. The BBQ was not worth 50RM pp and there were very few monkeys - unsurprisingly given the 'commercialisation'. In returning we checked the price and it was 600RM. Today on checking it was 400RM at the pool counter and 600RM at the man in the gardens. So buyer beware - but actually I'd just save yourself the time, the bother and your money!!
We have always considered them to be preferred partners of the Shangri La. We will not be using them again.

Reviewed December 13, 2016

We had these parasailing experience here. Bought it on groupon for 98RM (for two people) where they stated "Water sport for 2 people for RM98 instead of RM300 (early bird)"

We buy two coupon, means if we go parasail, we get 4 times parasailing.

Here's the full detail of what's the deal,
========================================================
Water sport for 2 people for RM98 instead of RM300 (early bird)
Water sport for 2 people for RM105 instead of RM300

Water sports (choose 1)
Regular parasailing (RM300 value)
15-minute jet ski (RM200 value)
Fun tubes (RM200 value)
- 1 tube per person
Banana boat (RM200 value)
- Min. 4 people per boat
========================================================

From their menu at the site, you guys could literally see these,
One Person
--Regular Parasailing 150RM

Two Person
--Regular Parasailing 300RM

When i claim my coupon, they charged additional 30RM for every person due to weather problem. They said that they will have to had one guy behind you to do the steering, because you won't be able to control the parasail by yourself.

Seriously? I argued that customer should paid additional charge no more. All should be included inside that 98RM.

They replied "No, we already give you discount because you are the guest of shangri-la, if you're from outside, we will charge you 50RM, my friend"

They also said, "You could wait, maybe the weather will be nice and we won't charge you that fee"

So we wait. from 10:30 to almost 13:30.

I asked him, "If we paid the normal price, 150RM @person, would you charge the 30RM?"

He replied, "No, we won't. It is already included inside the 150RM. Just could just see the difference between the groupon price with this *hands_out_menu*"

:) Nice isn't it? After discussing with friends, we decided to let it go, and paid the additional charge disappointedly.

Guess what? The parasail is JUST 2 MINUTES 30 SECONDS, TOPS! Literally.

Utterly disappointed.

I regret not asking clearly how long will i be Parasailing.

I regret choosing Parasailing over Jetskiing, because that way i can enjoy that 15 minutes (At least they can't charge you with bullshiate such as bad weather or else, or maybe they actually can with "High Waves", you need guide so you won't drown, and then charge more. Or "Not enough gasoline", need to get some at the city if you want ASAP and then charge more, who knows)

I regret having these transaction with Sea Horse Watersport Penang.

Another shot at Sea Horse Watersport Penang behind the Shangri-La Hotel (Garden View)?

Thanks but no thanks, "my friend".

Reviewed September 7, 2016

What a buzz. Flying up into the sky. The staff are most helpful and enjoy the look of excitement on customers faces at take off from the ground.