7,335 results
All reviews surf and turf pillow menu port maria butler service lobster jo dane star friends ocean front lobby bar room service bubble bath dinner reservations pool concierge japanese restaurant our honeymoon montego bay boogie nights
Reviewed August 15, 2018

We initially booked the Iberostar Suites Hotel Rose Hall, and upon arrival, we were upgraded to the Grand. Absolutely beautiful! Our ocean view was lovely. The swing on the balcony was awesome! The room was clean, the butler on the floor level was at our service everyday. All of the staff had a positive attitude the entire time. I enjoyed my stay here very much so. I plan on returning!

Room Tip: try and choose a room that has a centered view of the pool, or an ocean view near the pool
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank _mal_miller2017
QualityManagerJM, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We thank you for taking the time to write about your vacation experience, your comments are valuable to us as it help us to improve our level of service.

We are happy that you were upgraded to the Grand hotel and had a lovely vacation. Also, that you enjoyed our service, staff and food. We hope that you will come again soon.

Once again we thank you for sharing your feedback.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 15, 2018

From the second I stepped into the lobby, until the second I left, I experienced such superior customer service and friendliness! It appears that the entire staff is waiting to assist someone, and if something is requested the staff is all over it to make sure you are happy! Of course I spent much time in the bar area - special kudo's to "Dimples" and Mak! The concierges and butlers are extremely friendly and helpful and are very easily found (they seem to be everywhere)!

As much as I travel, this is the first time I have been to an "all inclusive" resort and did not know what to expect. I did so because I have only been to Jamaica via a cruise ship, and have read about violence and had safety concerns. I am very happy I did this. I had absolutely no reason to leave this beautiful resort! My room had a wonderful balcony overlooking the gorgeous beach. Since it was all inclusive, my "mini" bar was completely stocked. You really cannot call it a "mini" bar as it has full sized bottles of premium liquor and wine! And it is included!

Never had a problem, regardless of time of day, finding lounge chairs at either the beach. This is quite often a problem at other resorts. The swim up pool bar is great. There is always something going on for fun, from day to night. You can either participate or have a great time people watching.

The only reason for not going for five stars is that I found the food in the specialty restaurants somewhat underwhelming. Service was great, there was plenty of availability, but somewhat akin to cruise ship food. I still left craving Peppers Jerk Center.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
7  Thank JimmyTheShoe59
QualityManagerJM, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Dear Jimmy,

Thank you for your feedback.

Many thanks for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to the Iberostar Grand Jamaica. We appreciate all our guest comments and happy when they leave us a positive feedback. We are so grateful that you enjoyed the beauty and wonderful service received from our committed team members. Your well wishes will be communicated to the staff that helped to make your stay memorable.

We are rather disappointed that you did not get the opportunity to taste one of our most popular dish "Jerk Chicken", and hope that you will be returning soon to enjoy same.

Once again, we thank you for coming and look forward to welcoming you back to our lovely property.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

I recommend Iberostar to every and anyone who wants to experience the beauty of Jamaica. The rooms are clean and relaxing and the hotel is just wonderful overall. The staffs are friendly and courteous. There's always a pleasant smile to great you. I am looking forward to visiting again with my friends this time.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank sarahc0llins

Dear Sarah:

Thank you so much for staying at our resort, and for taking the time to share your kind review on TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the lovely rooms, and homely atmosphere, thanks to the kindness offered to you by our staff.

We are grateful for your recommending us to other travelers, and we wholeheartedly look forward to seeing and serving you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2018

my husband and I arrived from Brooklyn and stayed from July 12 to July 26 and had another wonder time. First I want to give compliments to the helpful wonderful staff that you must seek out to make your stay fabulous. Stanly the 2nd floor butler, Chadrick the great bellman, Dwight the ground keeper, Novalee the waitress, Ophelia the hostess in the dining , the awesome Chef Charly who made me special meals, everyone at the pool bar especially Jerry and the little short bartender , I forgot his name but he was super great, he is the shortest barman at the pool bar and you cant miss him and the outstanding entertainment staff Hashtag, thunder and Mystique. Hashtag remembered us from out previous stays and he is such a hardworking person. Maxine from the spa has those magic hands that made me feel good and relaxed. The food was excellent. Such a variety, lobster, Hennessey and grey goose daily. My concerns are the AC in the rooms seem to be lowered where the rooms become muggy when the AC is on. I actually had to change my room. It seems like the AC shuts down or is lowered so low that the room becomes really warm. Don't eat at the steak and lobster house, the service is extra slow, the staff is surly and the portions were small. I had to go to the buffet after leaving there. The buffets were delicious. So many options for all. This was my 3rd time at the grand and I must say the maids need to do better with he cleaning. The toilet area had brown stains???? on the wall by the toilet and old urine stains on the floor and they never cleaned my shower. Other than that I still had a wonder time thanks to the staff I mentioned and that was my 3rd time there. Will return again. Hopefully the maids will be cleaning better and the staff keep their great attitudes. They are wonderful people. My room faced the pool area and I had a sliver of beach view. The view was good.

Room Tip: all rooms are good and have nice views
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank vg74
QualityManagerJM, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate you leaving your positive feedback. It was our pleasure to have hosted you, and even more pleased to learn that you had a fabulous time. Our staff would also be pleased to know that they are being recognized for their hard work to deliver nothing but wonderful service.

We are disheartened to learn of the issues that you experienced; we also thank you for your recommendations, as they will help us to maintain the hotel. The management team is already working on making the corrections.

Once again we thank you for coming and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

This place was amazing, better than I had hoped. The room was nice, the view was nice, the water was clear. The staff was very friendly, and went above and beyond to see if we needed anything and were taken care of. I enjoyed the food we tried all the restaurants some where better than others, but more the type of food not that one experience was better than one place or the other. The lunch and breakfast buffets had huge variety of things and the food was great there as as well.

The beach was nice, clean, the water was clear. The pools were clean. It was a beautiful resort. We stayed there for our 10 year wedding anniversary. We would definitely stay again at the Iberostar Grand.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dadolphinsrulz

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic experience on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to read your review about your second experience here at the Iberostar Grand hotel. We are honored to learn that you were pleased with the quality of our facilities and services offered. We feel honored that we continued to deliver the kind of service that is phenomenal

Once again we thank you for your loyalty to the Iberostar brand, as we will be looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards,