Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$827
US$370
Hyatt.com
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$440
US$400
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$706
US$511
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$483
US$281
Priceline
  • Pool
Royal Villas at Half Moon(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$1,270
US$263
Preferred Hotels
Half Moon(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$246
Priceline
Rose Hall Deluxe(Rose Hall)
US$90
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$760
US$325
Cancelon
Birds Eye View(Rose Hall)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
4,711 results
All reviewsrose hall suitesmo mostar friendslazy riveraunt rubycrazy kennythe mediterranean restaurantmontego bayinfinity poolkids clubswim up barwater polonoodlesbeach resortentertainment staffguest servicesspecialty restaurants
Reviewed April 30, 2011

All resorts have their pros and cons. I have to say this one had way more pros. We have been to two Dreams Resorts and two Iberostar's. It was by far our favorite. The food was amazing....jerk anything fantastic. The Start Friends were really good, personal, and very entertaining. Loved the infinity pool overlooking the beach. Snorkeling off the beach was good and some fun little shells. The little shopping mall at the end of the beach was fun but a real eye opener to my 10 & 11 yr olds. Little white lie got the kids parasaling (age limit is 12) and they LOVED it.....dunk in the water and all.

We went over Feb. break so it was a bit crowded and you had to get up early to reserve a good spot at the beach or pool. I don't mind as I love the quiet and sunrise. The buffet actually had a line to get in...

I had actually booked the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo in Mexico for Spring Break before I even booked Feb. vacation. It was a resort I had been wanting to go to for a long time. The pools looked amazing and I thought my kids would love it. So with Jamaica to compare everything to we were a little dissapointed in Mexico. Mexico was to be the trip of all trips and Jamaica was just to be a teaser.

If you are thinking of either resorts feel free to contact me. As I said each has their pros and cons. I would recommend this resort....Mexico maybe not! Would I go back to Rose Hall Suites? Yes! I can't say that to any other resort I've been to...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank ggans
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I traveled with my children ages 14 and 10 during Spring Break. This is our 5th stay @ an Iberostar and 8th at an AI resort so we have a lot of experience.

My children rated this their favorite with the Lindo in Playa del Carmen as a close second given their wave pool and lazy river.

If Iberostar could build a hotel in Negril the the Jamaican food and service of the Suites, the wave pool and lazy river of the Lindo that would be a HOMERUN!!!!

I never had a problem finding a spot on the beach under an umbrella and we usually didn't get there until 10. I was surprised at that given that it was spring break. There are signs that say that you can not reserve chairs, so you have every right to move someones items if you are up to the "discussion" when they arrive.

There's no jet skiing or waterskiing in this section due to the numerous reefs in the area. That was a bit of a dissappointment.

The food was great and I am a picky eater with a chef husband. There are plenty of activities for all. There have been comments about the teen activities, but they can participate in the "adult" activities like beach volleyball, crazy games, ping pong, chess, archery, dancing lessons,........

My one small concern was one of the shows one evening, Mrs Iberostar. One of the skits involved a wife sneaking her lover into the house, having "sex" with him, being discovered by her husband and the husband shooting her and the lover and then turning the gun on himself and having the audience decide if he should commit suicide!!!!! Given that they market themselves as a family friendly resort I just felt that was HIGHLY inappropriate and they could have come up with something better.

We did the Zip Line Tour with Chukka tours which was great!

Feel free to ask questions.

4  Thank 4Luvmy2
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Myself , husband and kids aged 8 and 11 visited the resort for 7 nights from April 21-28. From the moment we landed our trip was amazing. We used Clive Transportation for our airport transfers and a Dunns river Falls Tour. I highly recommend them.

As mentioned in so many other reviews the hotel itself is gorgeous. The lobby is breathtaking, the rooms are spacious and nicely decorated with very comfortable beds. We had a ocean/pool view that was a treat to wake up to every morning.
My kids had no problem meeting other kids at the clubhouse. Thanks to Roxy, Kikki, MoMo, OMG, JCool,Tweety, Happyfeet and all the other Star friends my kids were never bored. My daughter who is very shy actually spent the last 2 days in the kids club all day. Roxy encouraged her to get involved in the activities and she did.
The food was really very good for resort food. I consider myself quite a foodie and the selection is outstanding. We had no problem reserving for all the restaurants. We did eat at the Steak and Mexican restaurant and quite enjoyed them. However, we cancelled our others because the kids wanted to be at the Kids Show every night for dancing and awards for the days activities. The buffet had everything you could want and more and it offered wood fired pizza, pasta made to order and different meat selections each evening. I especially enjoyed the variety of cheeses, nuts, dried fruits etc. The beach BBQ with Jerk chicken was excellent. One day they also did Paella filled with seafood.
The pools and beach are beautiful. There is some seaweed on windy days, but its the ocean....hard to control that. The beaches and pools were immaculate and clean. Poolside chairs in shade go quick and beach chairs always seemed available anytime of day. The drinks were strong and some bartenders did make some better than others. The lobby bar was the best. Ricardo knows how to make whatever you like. They have sparkling wine, champagne and premium beers available .
We never went to the Disco or the Spa so can't comment on those. However, many guests we met quite enjoyed both.
We met wonderful people all week and plan to go back next year for Easter again.

4  Thank B543
Reviewed April 29, 2011

This was my second trip to Jamaica. I was unpleasantly surprised. Service quality was very poor, possibly due to being understaffed or staffed by very young, untrained and inexperienced people. There was some entertainment of very low quality; beach has pebbles; rooms were not cleaned every day; food was not cooked well at all, even Jamaican specialties like oxtail or jerk chicken. Only because there were a lot of friends with children we managed to entertain ourselves and children had each other to entertain. There was no or little entertainment for children. Overall impression: I would not go back nor will recommend this resort to anyone.

Room Tip: If you have children make sure you get 2 beds
1  Thank vacationernewyork66
Reviewed April 26, 2011

All family thoroughly enjoyed this 11 night trip & the hotel played a massive part of our experience. The lobby was grand and immediately set the scene for a welcoming opulent feel to our stay. The room was spacious, clean & mosi free. The bar was modern & comfortable with an array of name brand drinks. Champagne was on request at the bar and numerous restaurants. Food was plentiful, much of which was genuine Jamaican cuisine, but other foods were also largely of a high standard (eg check out the Japanese). Dwight the chef was first class & bent over backwards to accomodate us. Lazy river went down a treat as well as the more action packed pools. The hotel is right on a lovely sandy beach which served as a great spot for day time fun & evening beach parties too. I noticed security 24 / 7 in & out the whole complex which was reassuring and entertainment throughout the whole day was varied, however, entertainment from 11pm was adults only which I suppose is a reasonable balance. DVDs are also available to hire free. Shopping was limited but well served by a shuttle bus, although we also ventured down town to MoBay Hip Strip via a crazy cab driver ( recommend Hip Strip, but not the cabby just outside the complex). Dunns reiver is a must. All in all, I would not think twice about recommending this hotel - you will not be dissapointed ! Yeah Mon !

6  Thank kfu