4,950 results
All reviews rose hall suites mo mo star friends lazy river crazy kenny the mediterranean restaurant entertainment staff montego bay infinity pool swim up bar kids club noodles water polo beach resort destination wedding guest services specialty restaurants
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Duration of stay Nov. 9th - 14th. My decision to stay here was based on a "all inclusive" review from Foder's. I stayed in room 3319 which noticably should have been updated. The hotel staff was diligent in keeping my room clean with no shortage of fresh towels nor a stocked fridge. My "Very Good" rating has to be due to the excellent security (always an attended employee at the front gate to the resort), the beautifull ladsacape grounds, including the large beachfront with active lifeguards on duty. Everyone was very kind and most hospitable, from the front desk, waitstaff and knowlegable concierge. Since reservations are required for restaurants my dining was limited to the buffet, (some foods were better than others) the beach barbecue (very good), and room service {(not so good), limited menu selections with food arriving cold}. I treid the spa. I choose the sweedish massage. Ask for Wendy, she is an excellent message therapist with hands that will make your day an evermore relaxing one.

Room tip: I booked my vacation through Funjet Vacations.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Rick H
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I need to preface this review in saying that it was my first experience at an all inclusive resort. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were perfect. The facilities at the resort were very clean and perfect for families, or even the party crowd. I would be lying if I said this place did not have a lot to offer different types of travelers. My biggest gripe was the food, I assume all of the restaurants share the same kitchen. In the buffett where you eat breakfast, or lunch, or dinner, there were two large wheels of parmesan reggiano cheese. Usually wheels of cheese that large last quite some time, I made myself a salad and wanted to add some grated parmesan to the top so I go over to the wheels and start to dig in with my fork when I notice that there a lots of tiny bugs crawling around the inside bottom of the cheese. I look into the second wheel and notice the same thing. I understand in the islands it can be hard to manage things like fruit flies, but these were not flying types of bugs, more the crawling small cockroach type. It bothered me to know that they kept that on the floor, I could only imagine what was going on in the kitchen. I will never return.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We went for a family vacation (age range: 60 y.o. to 2 y.o.) the week of Nov. 5th to Nov. 12th. This was our first trip to Jamaica. I read most of the reviews beforehand and would agree with the positive reviews of the resort. I would also like to add a few thoughts of my own that have not been mentioned in previous reviews: (1) the jamaicans are on island time so you must learn to immediately slow down and not be in a hurry to do anything (which includes the airport personnel and the front desk); (2) the resort employees work hard and extremely long hours for little pay so tips are much appreciated; (3) the disco is a lot of fun if you hit it on the right night (we went on tuesday and it was hopping); (4) the spa and gym are fantastic (there is a juice bar within the gym and a roman bath, whirlpool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, etc. within each locker room for the spa); (5) the food selection was superb (liked the mexican and mediterranean the best); (6) we are not ones that need entertained all the time so the same music at the pool got a little annoying by the 5th day; and (7) look up conrad for a taxi ride to mobay or negril (should have number at front desk-very trustworthy).

• Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank urfellowtraveler
Reviewed November 13, 2011

A group of 30 of us recently travelled to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for a friends wedding. There isn't enough that I could possibly write to sum up what a great experience we had...in all aspects of what a vacation should be!
The staff at the Iberostar are simply put as they say in Jamaica "GOOD PEOPLE" . From the folks at the front desk Shallon (sp) who made sure that all our requests were met for rooms close together single double whatever we had asked for she made happen.
Dining room staff were fantastic every morning making conversation with us, wishing us a good morning when we arrived and a good day when we left. There was one girl there whose name escapes me, noticed I wasn't there one morning and asked my friends about me. When I returned and had explained that my son was sick at home and I was talking to my parents on the phone which was why I was late, every morning after that she asked how my son was and if he was feeling any better. Many say that the staff are there to be kind, but to me that is genuine kindness. Our bartenders Chris, Garfield and Jules (pool bar) were awesome. Always smiling, teasing us, having a joke and chatting. 3 pretty awesome guys! Even our life guard pap chow was the high light of most days as he always had 1001 questions for us what a joker.
AND then there were our STAR FRIENDS. What hard working people whom I am sure aren't paid wnough for what they do! If it wasn't for them, Im not sure that our experience would have been the same. They were there at 9am with smiles on their faces wishing us a very good morning and smiling and giving us all hugs good night at 12:30 or 1am. Only to see them again bright and early the next morning.
Nekesha and Roxy from the kids center would join us on a break sit down on our lounge chairs and chat about our kids and theirs and about mother hood experiences.
AND THEN there are the entertainment boys and girls. Sparkle, Lady Ra, OMG, Kiki, Krazy Kenny, Momo, Happy Feet and my favorite VIP. Every day they charmed us into playing their crazy games, beach olympics, limbo contests and whatever else the day had in store. We couldn't have been happier to participate as it meant we could spend time with them and get to know about them and of course share TONS of laughs. On their lunch breaks they could have chosen to relax and take a much deserved break, but instead they sat with us, chatted with us about all sorts, kids, their country, their life goals etc. Over the week we got to know them as friends and not just entertainment staff.
VIP and I share children as a similarity and we one afternoon shared kids stories, pictures and conversation about life. Again they say that they are there to do that, but there is a difference from someone who is there to make small chat to do their job and a person who is genuinely "good people" VIP is "good people". Lady Ra, OMG and Kiki kepts us smiling around the pool deck. VIP, Happyfeet, Sparkle and MoMo kept us laughing through the day and dancing through the night. There isn't enough that I can say about this group of people. But what I can say, is that beyond the beautiful rooms, emaculate resort, hospitable staff our STAR FRIENDS made our vacation. Do me a favour and when you vacation with them take a moment and let them know how good a job they do, because they deserve that much.
Every vacation is different and has something different to offer. I vacation often and like to see different places in the world. This was my second trip to Jamaica and I can honestly say that there will be a third to the country and a second to the Rose Hall Suites.

If you are looking for somewhere to get married, this is the place. They made our friends day very special with no detail left behind.

One very last thing, if ever you think twice about visiting this island because of negative opinions about the people and safety. I urge you to create your own opinion. The Jamaican people might just be the nicest people that I have had the pleasure to meet on and off the resort.
Cheers until next time Star Friends,
Ashley aka Purple Hair

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We went to this resort from Oct 31 to Nov 6 .
This resort is not like any other all inclusive resort.
firstly let me officially recommend the lobby bar - ask for Wailan or Rayon they are the best bartenders in the resort.
The suites are amazing and the flat 32 in screen is accented by a DVD player - they actually have movies available free in the lobby . Can you believe it????
The buffet has something for everyone and breakfast is probably the best!
The specialty restaurants are wonderful and include main courses of lobster , crab , duck and pheasant.
The liquor and drinks are amazing and the barmen are well trained .
The staff are very helpful and even when you aren't a big tipper.

I am going back next year - l am taking this opportunity to officially BIG UP MAN LIKE WAILAN , RAYON , LENFORD AND GARFIELD IN THE LOBBY - WAH GYAAAN?

Room tip: all rooms have great views do not pay extra
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple