“Snorkeling at Rose Hall”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Snorkeling at Rose Hall is limited to a few fish around three piles of boulders that have been placed in the swimming area. We did see lionfish, puffers, yellow stingrays, an electric stingray, and the usual grunts and squirrelfish, but no coral. We soon got bored of snorkeling at the resort.
The catamaran excursion to the mangrove lagoon and a coral reef was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank 7_am_Snorkeler
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Dear guest,
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave your honest opinion about your experience with us here at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. I am pleased to know you set aside some time while on your vacation to enjoy some of our snorkeling activities here at the resort. Now, while we do understand that snorkeling at the resort might be a bit limited for what seems like experienced divers, we do however offer more advanced tours which take guests to the marine park areas and lagoons where marine life will be more abundant; delighted you were able to experience this. We hope you will keep us in mind whenever next visiting Jamaica as it would be a pleasure to host you at our resort again and again.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Write a ReviewReviews (4,449)

Reviewed 16 February 2012

We just returned from 6 days at Iberostar Rosehall Suites and we had a fabulous time. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and the grounds are kept in pristine condition. When we arrived we were given drinks and check in was smooth and quick. When we arrived in the room, we asked for a crib for our daughter and it was brought to us within 15 minutes.

The room was spacious and clean. We had a partial view of the ocean and it was a gorgeous view. The bathroom had an awesome glass shower and a huge tub, which was great for our daughter. The mini fridge was stocked with water and soft drinks.

There are two pools. The infinity pool is gorgeous and the other pool is a little quieter. Both have easy entries, which my daughter loved. The beach was beautiful. There are many lounge chairs and palapas and we had no problem getting one every day without having to get up early and run out there to reserve one.

There are 5 restaurants on the property (4 and the buffet). We had no problem making reservations. You can make them any time from 9 am to 4 pm and you can make them days in advance, which was great. The food was excellent everywhere we ate (buffet, Aunt Ruby's & Calabash). There was a lot of variety and everything was fresh and well stocked.

At times service was a bit slow (called for a bellhop and it took 20 minutes) but everyone was so kind and friendly that we didn't mind occasionally waiting. Overall I highly recommend this hotel.

9  Thank TravelMamaNY

Dear guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to extend a special thank you for not only choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for your family vacation, but also for keeping us in mind after your return home and posting online such generous remarks about our resort. We aim to provide each of our valued guests with an unforgettable experience starting with a warm welcome, excellent services and facilities, mouth-watering dining options and lasting memories of a trip not soon forgotten; I am overly joyful knowing you left our resort feeling as though this was accomplished. Once more thank you for your kind feedback and recommendation of our resort and we do hope we will have the chance to welcome you for a second time to our luxurious property, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed here the last week of January and had beautiful weather. Very nice resort, the beach is well maintained and we never had a problem finding a lounge chair on the beach in the morning. It was nice to be able to check out the sister resort as well. I really liked the lunch buffet at the resort next to us, it had an awesome salad bar. I recommend booking the a la carte's right away, we had a hard time getting into them. We were able to check out the Mediterranien Grille and that was it. The food here was okay, nothing spectacular. We had lobster and it wasn't very good, was overcooked and dry. We had jerk chicken on the beach one day, I think they only serve it twice per week. It was delicious. Next to the sister resort you can go off the resort, along the beach and find vendors selling knick knacks. However, beware that they are extremely agressive. I didn't enjoy the atmosphere at all. I would rather go into Montego Bay and do my shopping. The rooms were always well kept and beautiful. Our stay was pretty good.

Room Tip: If you are going with your spouse make sure to ask for a room with a king size bed, me and my spouse...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JenLA77

Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you for taking the time out to leave your honest review of our resort. While I’m quite pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you also took advantage of the facilities at our sister hotel the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, I’m also distraught as you mentioned that you didn’t enjoy your dining experience at the Mediterranean. I hope that upon your return trip we will be able to create a more memorable experience.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

We just got back this week from Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. What a great stay. The people who work at this resort are great and very helpful. The food was very good and they had plenty of variety. There was always room by the pool or the beach with plenty of chairs and huts with shade. We have travelled a lot and I think this is the best place we have ever stayed. We will be going back as soon as we can!!!

Room Tip: All rooms I think are good. We chose quiet room away from the action.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OshawaSally
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear guest,
It is very moving reading all your positive comments about our resort, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and your experience with us here in February; we are greatly appreciative for you taking the time to do this.

I am exceptionally thrilled to hear you felt that all of our facilities, food and services were up to your standard and you left our resort feeling as though this was the best place you have ever stayed; we share the same opinion.

We anxiously await your return and hope it will not be too long before we are reunited again here at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

First I will start with the basics. We stayed at the Suites Feb 3-12 2012. We had 32 people come for our wedding from Calgary, London Ont and Arizona, Flordia.....No problems! All the rave reviews are true! No issues at all. Food, amazing. Rooms, amazing! Grounds, amazing. My Husband and I went the same time last year (2011) when we got engaged and NOTHING has gone down hill in that year, same wonderful service as we expected.

I will start with the first day of our arrival. We went to the Suites and they informed us we were "upgraded" to the Grand for our stay. We went over for ONE night. As soon as we got off the elevator on the 4th floor of the 600 wing I almost fell over the broken tile on the floor. We then walked down dirty, smelly, stained carpet to our room. The rooms have a little bigger bathroom but otherwise it is the same room. There is a hanging chair on the balcony, however, the covers are not washed on it and it was stained from some couple working in the room! Gross. Then there is the butler, *sigh* He is always there! Knocking at 9am to see if all is good. Every time I opened my door he was there! I think there is a secret alarm to let them know the door opened cause I have no idea where he popped out from. Needles to say, we "downgraded" to the Suites our second day. The Grand, maybe good for people who want to enjoy the yoga and horse-shoe but I am younger than the crowd there and do not need pillow menu's and butlers kissing my butt!

Also Ladies, if your moved to the GRAND and your wedding party is not...your best man/maid of honor are NOT allowed to come help you get dressed!! You will have to pay extra for them to come over 100.00 day pass OR lug all your stuff to there room at the Suites.

So this review is more for the ladies who want a destination wedding, this is my account...

Nicole the wedding planner, God bless her! I had a hard time getting answers to my emails from the resort. However she is VERY on top of all the details and anything you ever need. They are not joking when they talk about Island time, relax, she does this every day of the year and I bet she can do it in her sleep by now! Nicole is a beautiful, smart, friendly, well organized masterpiece! Trust in her.

I had a photographer from Jamaica to take my pictures instead of the resort one. I used Sungold Photography and his name was Ronald. www.wpajamaica.com is were you can find him. Ronald was on time, absolutely hilarious, professional ( even helped my sister do up the back of my dress) and he definitely helped my husband and I relax and take the time to enjoy our special day. I highly recommend using his services.

I had my wedding on the terrace overlooking the ocean, I found it very private as security stops people from going on the terrace. I did see many weddings on the beach, people were standing close to their ceremony in bathing suites and I didn't want that in my pictures. I also saw people playing volleyball right beside the one wedding and they were very loud. Brides keep in mind....people are on there vacation and do not care about your wedding like you do, they will not move over or be quite for you!

I had dinner at the steakhouse " Aunt Ruby's" and we loved it! It is an open air restaurant and I thought the fresh air would be nice. Plus we had smokers in the group and they can leave the dinning area but still be beside us so nobody felt left out.

I paid for a fire dancer and the bonfire......everyone loved this! From the 30yr old to the 70 yr old we had with us.

I think I covered everything, if anyone has a question please feel free to email me verbernekelly@yahoo.ca

One last thing GUYS...if your reading this and want a destination wedding..........Bring a ring! Ask your lady in the gazebo by the pool at night all lit up! She will say YES I promise.

Nicole, once again deserves a huge thank you!!

We are returning next year for our 3rd visit we love this place soooo much! Relax Mon

Room Tip: the 400 wing of the resort is closest to the bars, Disco and slots I think the younger crowd is most...
7  Thank Kelly V
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Guest,

It is with great satisfaction that I express my gratitude for you taking the time to write and post such a detailed review online for other travelers to see. I also want to show my appreciation for you being such loyal repeat guests of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and for choosing our beautiful resort to host what must had been a very special wedding.

Furthermore, I am delighted to know that your second trip was just as, if not more enjoyable than the first; this is due to the fact that we firmly up hold all our standards and never cease to improve. With regards to our wedding coordinator Nicole, I will certainly ensure she receives your kind words of praise for her efforts and your satisfaction.

Again, we look forward to welcoming you next year on your third time around and hope you will not hesitate to contact us should you need any assistance with future bookings.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

We took our honeymoon trip to this hotel in the first week of February. I cannot stress how amazing this trip was!! The moment we checked in and were brought welcome drinks, the staff was so friendly. I have seen some reviews where they mentioned the front desk was not so nice, never the case with us. They knew we were newlyweds, and were very sweet and sent complimentary wine up to the room.

Make sure to make restaurant reservations right away! The Japanese steakhouse was our favorite, and full until Saturday (we got there on Monday). Very glad we didn't miss it. The chef had excellent hibachi skills, using two grills at once, and a wonderful personality. All the restaurants were very good, and we also loved the buffets. No complaints about the food. The Mediterranean and Japanese are my two musts. Also make sure you try the rainbow ice cream by the pool, I was hooked! My husband's drinks of choice for the week was pina coladas and red stripe, mine was the Jamaican Smile - make sure you try one before you leave.

The staff is wonderful, very friendly and constantly stopping to chat or accommodate your needs. The room was always cleaned in a timely manner. The Star Friends go out of their way to make sure everyone is having a good time - no-one can move quite like O.M.G., and special shout out to Xena, the new girl with a huge personality.

Our room was ocean front, I know every room has an ocean view, but to be right there on the beach sleeping with the door open and feeling the sea breeze while hearing the waves is the perfect way to go to bed every night!

The pools were a little cold when we went, the beach water was a good temperature. We did get stuck in the lazy river as there are a few dead spots and not much of a current, but it provided some laughs. If you have the chance you MUST get a massage (I recommend the coffee and brown sugar exfoliation) it was AMAZING.

We did venture out twice, once to Dunn's River Falls and white water tubing in Ocho Rios, I would highly recommend the tubing! And once to watch the Superbowl at the Montego Bay Yacht Club, we are Giants fans and it made an incredible ending to our already wonderful honeymoon. If you have a chance to eat out and leave the resort, try Scotchie's, the best BBQ you will ever have, it's a locals spot. I must mention we had a friend in Jamaica who took us out for these excursions.

We plan on visiting many more Iberostars, and if we're ever back in Jamaica (as I have no doubt we will be), this will be our resort of choice!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank sunnynee

Dear guest,

Thank you on behalf of the management and staff here at Iberostar Rose Hall suites for choosing to vacation with us and more importantly for dedicating the time to post such a pleasant review on TripAdvisor.

It is very comforting knowing you left our resort feeling we had met or exceeded your expectations with our many dining options, luxurious facilities and most significantly, the staff who dedicate themselves entirely to providing a service and ambiance suited for kings and queens. This kind of service is what we seek to provide to each and every guest.

Again, your comments are very heartening and we look forward to welcoming you a second time to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

We just got back from a week at the Suites on Feb 12. It was a fabulous trip. The staff are so friendly, the resort is super clean, the food is excellent and the buffet is the best we have ever had.

We never had a problem getting a lounge chair by the pool or at the beach. We took out catamarans without having to reserve them and every single person spoke to you with a smile.

The evening shows are of a great calibur and the poolside entertainment is not overwhelming.

My only complaint is that the reception/lobby counter staff are not the friendliest, but that didn't really bother us as we only saw them at check in and check out. We dined at the Suites and Beaches a-la-cartes and had a great experience...except for at the Japanese restaurant. There too the staff wasn't so friendly and our tepanyaki table wasn't working so we didn't get a show!

Honestly though, those are tiny issues. We would bring our family back to this resort in a heartbeat! We loved it and had the best time ever!

Room Tip: We had a garden view room and could still see the ocean when we stepped out on to the balcony. I wou...
8  Thank daisykix

Dear guest,

I would like to express our most genuine appreciation for you taking the time to write this wonderful review and as well for choosing to be guest here at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

We know there are several other resorts on the island but your choice was to spend your vacation with us, and for this we are forever indebted to you. I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you had experienced while on your vacation as you expressed some concern with our front desk and Japanese restaurant; I express sincere regret for this aspect of our service falling a bit short and am please to inform you that all of our tepanyaki tables are all now in full working order.

We indeed hope we will once again be given the opportunity to host you and your family so we may rectify any issues you encountered previously and restore our hotels name and character with you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
0.2 km away
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
11.8 km away
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!