“Wonderful Resort!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
“Wonderful Resort!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

We were at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Feb. 9-16th 2012. Overall the resort was terrific. Food was fresh and tasty with a large variety. Shows were well done and very family oriented. The staff thoughout the hotel was excellent, extremely friendly and they seemed to sincerely enjoy there jobs.

We made restaurant reservations the day we arrived and had no problem getting reservations. All of the restaurants were great. I personally enjoyed the japaneese restaurant, the staff there was a lot of fun.

You can do as much or as little as you want.

The only negative thing I would say is the temperature of the water in the pool, it could have been a few degrees higher. Other than that I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Torrid
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your review on your recent stay with us in February at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites; we deeply appreciate you taking the time to do this. It is very rewarding for us reading reviews such as yours as it provides us with recognition that we, being a 5 star resort are living up to the service and standards that you have come to expect from us.

Your satisfaction with our “fresh and tasty” food options, nightly entertainment shows, and most importantly the genuine hospitality of our staff stems from us having a great deal of pride in what we do; we are sincerely delighted knowing you left our resort feeling as though our “resort was terrific” because of this.

As for the pool, we do apologize however our pools are not heated and therefore it tends to be a bit colder in the winter months and warmer in the summer; maybe in the future you will try returning during some summer months.

We hope that when returning to Jamaica you will once again opt to vacation at our luxurious resort as we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (996)
  • Czech first
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Just got back from 4 nights, 5 days in the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Jamaica. My husband and 19 year old daughter came along and we all had an amazing time. WE were booked in to the Beach Club Resort, but asked for an upgrade to the Suites, and it was well worth the little bit of extra we paid. Well worth it!! You are treated like royalty the entire time. Great friendly staff, always attentive to your requests and needs.Drinks at the bar in the lobby were a nightly ritual with great local entertainment. The pool and beach area is clean and beautifully manicured. The room was very comfortable and roomy with a sitting area, bar fridge (well stocked) and service twice daily (second is for turn down service and additional linens and towels). We had an ocean view room, but any room here would be wonderful! The food is very good-would not worry about getting into the ala carte restaurants. We tried the Mediterranean (seafood) the first night and did not like it at all. We decided to stick to the buffet, which was very good with alot of variety and different themed dinners. We did go to the Japanese Restaurant and enjoyed it, with great food and attention to entertainment! The breakfasts at the buffet were our favourite-great local fruit and veggies, fruit drinks(celery, cucumber and ginger). The evening entertainment in the theater was what you would expect in the south-not great. But that never matters to us at all! There is a live music lounge every evening starting at 10:30 pm and a disco starting at 11:30. We couldn't stay awake to enjoy either, as we were always up early, eating at 7 and on the beach by 8! We met wonderful people. enjoyed the relaxing environment, and can't wait to go back next year to stay at the Grand Rose Hall-next door-which is for 19 years and over and will only accomodate 2 people per room-absolutely amazing grounds and restaurants.

Room Tip: All the views are great. Would ask to be away from the elevators-as I always do!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank octopal
Dear guest,
First, let me start by emphasizing how grateful we are for you spending the time to write such a kind and honest review of our property and your satisfaction in it; it was an absolute pleasure reading your review.

Here at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites we aim to provide our guests with an atmosphere which fully satisfies the needs and wants of our valued guests, which for you was some much needed rest and relaxation. I am truly pleased to know you were able to do this while enjoying the comfort of your suite, the variety and quality of our food and the many entertainment options available to you.

We know you had many other resorts in Montego Bay to choose from however your choice was to spend your vacation with us and for this I want to send you our most sincere appreciations. We do hope will again be given this opportunity as we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

From the moment we arrived we were spoiled by the staff, they are so friendly, efficient & helpful and nothing is too much trouble.
The hotel is is beautifully decorated and looks brand new, rooms are spacious & well equipped, no need to book the speciality restaurants as the main buffet restaurant is excellent and has a huge variety of different dishes.
There were plenty of sun loungers to go round, free use of the table tennis tables, games, table football, kyaks and catamarans.
Enough said, it's a great place for a holiday.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank DrTel
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Dear guest,

Please accept our most sincere appreciation for you not only choosing to be guests here at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites but also for you taking the time write and post your review about your satisfaction with our resorts cleanliness, highly acclaimed food and dining options and most importantly the staff who work so diligently to provide you our valued guests with a service that is “friendly, efficient and helpful”. Also, just for your own information, you had also mentioned that the resort looks brand new; it was opened in 2008 therefore as you stated, all of our facilities are still quite new. Again, thank you for your generous review and we truly look forward to having you in our resort once more.

Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites last week in October. I love to travel and have always research everything before I go.
I’ve been all over the world but it was my first time in Jamaica as well as my boyfriend’s first time out of the country; Iberostar Suites seems to be a great choice. I chose Iberostar Suites based on TripAdviser reviews and recommendations from colleagues. We were there toward the end of the rainy season but it rains only at night for about 30 minutes or so. For those like me that need to stay connected to the office or back home during your stay, there is a free wi-fi in the lobby that you will need to ask front desk for the code. You won’t have internet in your room or on the beach but you won’t need it once you see the views. I walked over to the lobby once a day before breakfast to check emails on my iPad just to make sure that no one blows up the servers while I was gone.

Check in took approximately 10 minutes, the lady that took care of us was very friendly and helpful. After check in, we walked over to guest services on the other side of the lobby and made reservations at 4 of the restaurants for our entire stay. I would recommend you doing this rather than wait until that day to make your reservations. We were able to eat at all of the restaurants except for the Mediterranean Restaurant which was closed during our stay.

- Mexican Restaurant: first night we ate at the Mexican restaurant which over all was my favorite. The appetizer table which was a buffet style was fabulous; coconut shrimp was so good, seafood ceviche and much more!
I had lamb ribs for dinner and it was fantastic! My boyfriend had duck and it was fantastic as well. We had pineapple sponge cake with coconut ice cream for dessert and it was to die for! Our server Jason was very attentive and funny too. Over all, fantastic food and service, memorable night in deed.

- Gourmet Restaurant:
We had smoked salmon and shrimp crème as an appetizer part of a three course meal; it was ok but only because I’m not a big fan of creamy tastes on smoked/raw fish. My boyfriend had grilled lobster which was fantastic. The service was ok, but the food made this restaurant my second favorite for dinner.

-Main Buffet restaurant:
My favorite part about breakfast was the freshly made juice and amazing coffee. There were plenty of choices but it could be limited for the picky eaters. I don’t usually eat heavy breakfast; fresh fruit and coffee will usually do it for me. They have pancakes, waffles, French toasts, fresh made omelet, bacons, and cereal bar, among many other standard American breakfast items. They have a Jamaican corner that has a few Jamaican dishes for you to try. You need to check out this restaurant for lunch buffet. They had a few Jamaican dishes that changed daily; I had ox tail and curried goat…oh my…heavenly. Service was fantastic here! We had breakfast daily at this restaurant and the servers remembered us by the second day; they knew what juice I like and how I want my coffee...I was in awe. One of the girls remembered that I asked to try passion fruit juice but they were out that day so she brought it for me to try the next time I came in.

-Aunt Ruby/Steak House: buffet restaurant by the beach that turns into a steak out at dinner. Lunch was ok here, not as many selections as the main buffet. We had dinner here one of the nights, the food was ok and the service was so-so. Everyone was friendly, don’t get me wrong but they were not very attentive; we had to ask a couple of times for someone to refill your drinks.

-Japanese restaurant: We had dinner at this restaurant for our last night at the hotel. It was a fun experience but the food was just ok. I love sushi but the sushi they brought out as a starter was terrible; to be expected at an all-inclusive. Dinner was not bad because of the atmosphere. We met some nice older couples and had some great conversations with people around us. The chef was very energetic and great interactions with everyone at the table. Travelers with children would have a blast here.

The hotel property was beautiful and well maintained; there were always ground crews working. The room was nice and clean, nothing fancy but we’re rarely in our room. Room service was great, the food was decent to average but the food arrived within 30 minutes even though we ordered practically everything off the menu for one of the nights. The lights were out on our patio the first day, called front desk and it was fixed by the time we returned from dinner.

Snorkeling was ok off the beach, but then again I’ve been snorkeling for over ten years all over the world. You need to go toward the right of the beach, near the rope area. There were some giant rocks there that you will find some lobsters, angel fish, eel, etc.

Tours: we booked a tour to Negril and a day trip to Duns Falls which were great experiences. The highlight of our trip was Canopy Zip lining tour that we booked at the tour desk in the lobby. It was an amazing experience and I would recommend this to any adventurous travelers out there. If you are taking a day trip to Ocho Rios, be sure to stop at Scotchies before you get to Duns Falls. We’ve been to the Scotchies in Montego Bay but the one in Ocho Rios was the better one hands down. They had the best jerk chicken in Jamaica and if you ask any locals they will tell you the same. One advice if you’re going to take a trip to Duns Falls, make sure to go on the non-cruise ship day. It won’t be as crowed and the vendors weren’t as aggressive/pushy. We jumped off a cliff at Rick’s Café and I must tell you that it is scarier than it looks once you’re standing at the top.

Entertainment: we didn’t make it to the disco night but we went to the beach party. Star Friends were great! My boyfriend was picked to participate in one of the contests; King of the Beach. Big thanks to Kevin, MoMo, Kiki, lady OMG as well as the rest of the Star Friends for such a fun and memorable night. We won a bottle of rum mon!

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the main hallway, it gets really really loud as early as 6am.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Catheriya
Firstly, I would like to extend a special word of thanks on behalf of the staff and entire management team here at IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Suites for you’re in depth review of our resort and your overall stay with us in October. I am delighted to hear about your satisfaction with your room accommodations, buffets and specialty restaurants and overall warm and friendly hospitality of our staff; I will make certain those persons from our entertainment team which you had mentioned, receives your kind words of encouragement and praise. You did however mention a few concerns regarding some of our restaurants but please be assured that we will be looking into these issues to alleviate any guest dissatisfaction; we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your husband. I would also like to advise you for future reference that we do in fact have internet access inside the room; you simply need to borrow an Ethernet cable from our Guest Services desk located in the lobby. This is at no extra to our guests and a great convenience. In addition, since you seem like an experienced diver I would like to suggest for your next vacation that you inquire about some of our more advanced snorkeling activities available to you at our Dive Centre. We hope the next time you visit Jamaica, you will not hesitate to book with us again as it would be a pleasure to host yet again.

Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We planned our Jamaica Holiday with our friends who had stayed at the Rose Hall Beach resort two years ago. They enjoyed their stay so much, that they wanted to return.

The Flight to Montego Bay with SunWing was good. Check-in for the flight was quite busy and our friends were 1 Kilo over on luggage weight and charged an excess $40. ( $80 on the way home! ) Just make sure that you pay attention to luggage weight including your carry on because they weigh everything.

On arrival at the Rose Hall Beach check in, we were pleasantly informed that we had been upgraded to the Rose Hall Suites. I am not sure why, but of course, I did not argue!! We were taken over to the Suites, and found out that while you are a resident there, you have access to both Hotels and their facilities. This was a real bonus.

From the moment that we crossed through the front door, we were pampered with great service. Our rooms wer Ocean Front... not just ocean view.... right there on front with a Private balcony and an incredible view of the beach and Caribean. The Suite was very large and had all amenities imaginable. Everything was spotlessly clean and in good working order. We did not spend much time in the room anyways. The King bed was very comfortable and the room serviced and Mini Bar refreshed daily. There was also a Bed turn down service each evening.

We took full advantage of the Restaurants and sampled the Steakhouse, Mediteranian, Gourmet and Japanese menus. The Steakhouse was not that great, most folks could do a better job of cooking steaks on their own at home. We had no problem whatsoever when booking for the specialty restaurants. We have read about long line ups, but we just walked right up and painlessly made our bookings.

The Buffets were excellent for all meals, and if you only went to those to eat, you would be very satisfied. Lots of fresh food and tons of variety were available at all times.

Service in all respects was wonderful! From the Doorman to the waitresses and cleaning staff, everyone was friendly and helpful.

We have been to other places over the years, and I always come home thinking, " what could I have done better with my money ?" Not this time though. I do not regret spending what I did for this holiday and will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean Front room or you will likely only have a great view of the Palm trees.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank GordHill
Dear guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write and post such a pleasant review online for us, other travelers and future guests of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall suites to see. It is very gratifying knowing that you found your upgrade to the Suites resort a treat and you were just as pleased with our facilities and services as you were with the Beach resort; we try to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere from your first and last encounter with our bellman and all throughout and based on your review it seems as though this aspect of our service was up to standard. For this I am grateful. I am also glad to know you had the opportunity to sample a few of our wonderful specialty restaurants. I must however apologize for the Steakhouse falling a bit short and hope we will once again be given the opportunity to prove to you our dedication to improving each and every aspect our resorts offering to perfection.

NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Well, we just returned from our third, yes third! trip to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites!! and it was even better than the last times! We are actually going back next year! The Suites is the mid range and centered hotel of the three on the property...The Grande is the most upscale, and the Beach the least. Staying at the Suites affords you access to everything at the Beach as well. Staying at the grande affords access to all three hotels! The Suites is all my husband and I need!

We always go to Jamaica in February since you can count on great weather, and you can always count on the Jamaican people being welcoming and warm. Iberostar property is a quick twenty minute trip from Sangster Airport. As I said in a previous review, do yourself a favor,and skip the ground transfers when you book a trip.....Instead go to www.clivestransportservicejamaica.com Book your pickup with them right from home and they will be waiting for you at the airport and wisk you away with no stops....$50 round trip for my husband and I. They also do groups and excursions.
Moving forward, once we are dropped at Iberostar we feel we are returning home. The people remember return guests and are extremely gracious. Return guests are acknowledged by the management too with nice goodies! Aaron at the door is all smiles, and a prelude to what lies ahead. Check in is fast and efficient. Duwayne at the front desk is wonderful, and very accomodating. I don't think there are any bad rooms in the hotel.. We have stayed in both ocean-view and oceanfront. suites. The front is fabulous and worth the extra expense. Rooms are spotless and spacious. Again, have some kind of time piece with you since our American phones didn't have service in the room, only on the terrace. Look at pictures of the rooms on this site, They say it all. Housekeeping is excellent and thorough, and the turn down service every evening is appreciated. Your bed is turned down, chocolates left on your pillow, and fresh towels, bath mats left. All trash cans are emptied too. The mini fridge is stocked with beer, soda, and water. replenished daily. there is also a jug of water left for coffee making in the room. Make dinner reservations asap, although you can get last minute reservations the day of. I found eating at the buffett worked well for us,as we weren't locked into a time, and could be flexible depending on the weather. Some nites we were on the beach til 6:30. The fish and chicken are great,and the variety of fresh vegetables was excellent. We ate at the Japanese Restaurant (at Beach) which was good and at the Mediterranean which has an appetizer buffet, served main course , and dessert buffett. This also worked well for us. Aunt Ruby's is the only open air restaurant at the Suites, and is a steak house which takes over the beach buffett at nite. Good. What I like about the Ibeorstar Management is that they really listen, and are attempting to imporve all the time. Last year I complained that there was no Cornmeal porridge (a Jamaican staple) This year it was waiting for me (and YOU) every morning.! Last year I noted that there were not many classes at the gym. This year, they had daily spinning at 11Am (the bikes were good) and pilates at some other time. Visiting instructors come for a week and conduct these classes. When not there, Charles (Manager? and also Jamaican) does it all. He is very knowledgeable, and truthfully I liked his classes the best! The Spa is beyond beyond, and unbelievably free! Do read about the facilities in another review, and I second what was said. Both my husband and I had massages. We paid $110 each which was fair, and more than worth it. I had Ebony and my husband had Marlene as a technician. Both well trained and strong!! Do it!
Drinks are plentiful with beach servers who are very ambitious, You are never left dry I was teased (good naturedly) because I drink waster all day. I told them not to worry, we make up for it after four! The swim up bar in the gorgeous infinity pool is fun. The best bar is the Lobby Bar (nitely entertainment). Name brand are readily available.,and you can sit on the terrace outside of it. Oh, another good thing, As of this year, there is no smoking anywhere inside. You can smoke on the terraces, and anywhere outside. Again, they listened. I say "go" "once you go, you will know" Love it! Contact me through Trip Adisor if you have any questions

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank zvago
Dear guest,
From all the staff and entire management team here at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, it is with great pleasure that I say thank you for choosing to spend yet another magical vacation with us. I would also like to send you our most sincere thanks for you taking time out of your busy schedule to post such an in depth comment about our resort and your experience with us in February; It is truly refreshing reading comments such as yours. We also find it very comforting knowing that your past suggestions were taken to heart and this year you were able to enjoy all the things you might not have been able to on previous occasions; our management team finds your approval of their hard work quite heartening. As for the persons you mentioned, Dwayne from the front desk, Charles from the entertainment team, and Marlene and Ebony from the spa, I will ensure they receive your generous comments about your satisfaction in the service they provide. I’m sure they will be more than happy to hear such positive remarks. Again, it was a pleasure to have hosted you once more and we genuinely hope you will return to us in the future.

Fort McMurray
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I were married at the Iberostar rose hall suites February 7th 2012. It was great, the hotel is modernly furnished and the food is fantastic! Me and my husband have stayed at a lot of all inclusive resorts around mexico and the caribbean and this was by far our best trip! We had 36 people travel with us for the wedding and there were no complaints, everyone had a great time. 10 of us were upgraded to the Rose Hall Grand property but we spent most of our time on the suites side with the rest of our group and the wedding and reception were on the suites side. Excellent selection of premium beverages including Guinness and Heineken. The 24hour room service was quick and delicious (try the chicken nuggets! awesome!). The disco was lively and played good music, The Spa was top notch ( a bit pricey but on resorts it always is). Only ATMS on the property (including in the casino) are all the way over at the rose hall beach, so be prepared and bring extra cash.

Room Tip: Its worth the bit extra to go for a beach front room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrsLudlow
Dear Guest,
Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you and your new husband on your wedding and its success. I hope you are enjoying every moment of your marriage together. I would also like to express our gratitude for you choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to host you and your group for what I’m sure was a very special vacation and wedding; we appreciate you taking the time to share your opinions and experience with us, other travelers and future guests of Iberostar. It warms our heart reading comments like yours as it provides us with reassurance that we are meeting and exceeding your high expectations of providing service of a high caliber, delicious food selections and an ambiance like none other. As well, I will ensure that our wedding coordinator receives your praise on the overall success of your wedding and trip on a whole. Please keep us in close consideration whenever returning to Jamaica as we look forwarding to providing you with another amazing vacation, only better than the first one.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,701 reviews

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!