4,899 results
All reviews rose hall suites mo mo star friends lazy river aunt ruby crazy kenny the mediterranean restaurant montego bay infinity pool swim up bar kids club steak water polo noodles entertainment staff beach resort specialty restaurants
Reviewed January 3, 2010

I travelled here with my parents, brother and two small kids. I have to say the place was wonderful. It was beautifully set up, the pools were great, especially for the kids and overall, we had a wonderful week. If I had to list out negatives, I would just say the following:

1. They are not suites in the full sense of the word, but are big rooms and very comfortable. I had my kids with me, and they slept in the beds while I was in the "suite" which was a sofa bed. Comfortable non the less and the kids could slep while I watched tv and read

2. The restaurants aren't very good and make you reserve. we went to a cajun place that was empty and they almost ddn't let us in becase we did't have a reservation. We said we would leave if the place suddenly filled (which it didn't)/ The buffets though were fantastc = we went there with the kids each night and they were more than happy. So were we ultimately. it ended up being te best deal

All in all, for an all inclusive resort, this place is terrific

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank citimama
Reviewed January 3, 2010

This was our second trip in 6 months - we were here in July and had a great time so HAD to get back for more good times. As usual the food was delicious and the service was really good too, except I must say the beach service was extremely lacking. During the summer we had Oliver and he was the BEST beach server - always polite and always coming around. This time, we were lucky to get 2 rounds of drinks from the server who would disappear for hours. I really did NOT enjoy getting up to get myself a drink when I wanted one. Yeah you can say lazy, but I am on vacation and bust my butt at home so I want some pampering.

I have to say the Star Friends are the best, most fun team and are the main reason we came back and would return again. Lashana and Monkey and Noodle (definitely my son's favorite) and Carlos and Blanka and Kenny and newbies Tobi, Conrad and Slick. Lots of fun. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and when you have fun they have fun with you. The audience participation shows they put on are hysterical. Too bad that Marvin and Georgia are gone. We missed seeing and hanging out with them this time.

Great to see Shenike in the lobby bar again. She is a hardworking cocktail waitress.

Tipping is something that we typically do - and would do whether in an AI or not, but many people do not. Even a buck or two to the servers and bartenders would be a nice show of appreciation now and then. One thing irked me - there was a big group of about 14 people on the beach and they were running the one waitress ragged - she would bring 2 drinks and then other people would order and she would bring another round and then 1 more would order. In a 20 minute period she was serving drinks 6 damn times!!!! back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. Just goes to show the classness nature of some people!!! They were running her ragged without even so much as a dollar tip or a thank you.

If Less or Dave or Greg or Tree see this - hey guys we MUST keep in touch. I will be e-mailing soon. Maybe we can meet back here in June. The kids had such a good time hanging together.

I really cannot add anything to what has already been said - except that we will be back there again in 6 months because that is just how much we love this place.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank Metsfan16
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Our family traveled to Jamaica on Dec 26 and stayed until December 31. We have been to all-inclusive resorts all over the world and this by far was the best. The hotel was clean and every room had a magnificent view if you asked for ocean view. We have come to find that the entertainment staff makes and breaks your trip and this staff was well above any staff we have been with. They were terrific and constantly got everyone involved in all there activities and had people laughing constantly. Whether it was Blanca and Noodle leading the water aerobics, or Carlos leading the volleyball games, the staff was amazing. This hotel would not have been enjoyable without any of these members on the staff. The crazy games were hilarious the countless and unforgettable pictures will last a lifetime.
The shows at night were so professional and the best we have seen at an all-inclusive. The staffs tootie frutie show was a comedy spectacle and that put so much work into it and the crowd was laughing the entire show. The beach was great with soft sand that did not scorch your feet and the pool and lazy pool were terrific.
The bartenders had a smile on their faces everyday and were always ready to serve you. The hotel amenities were at a premium and there was something to do for everyone, jazz bar, disco, slot machines, cigar bar, spa, workout room, basketball courts you name it they had it.
The trip[ was great and i would recommend it to everyone. We would like to thank the entire staff they all did a great job Krazy Kenny was a great leader and dancer and his fellow workers especially Blanca, Noodle, Carlos Raz-slick, to whom we spent our most time with and who were always smiling and treating us with the utmost respect and were always willing to make our stay a better time, Monkey and Conrad were always great as well whenever we had a chance to be with them and share our vacation with them. I can't stress how important a staff makes an all-inclusive vacation but they are at the top of the leader board after being to over 5 all-inclusive prior to the Rose Hall Suites.Thanks for everything. Amazing Hotel!!!!

• Stayed: December 2009
6  Thank shareyoumotto
Reviewed January 2, 2010

We stayed at the Rose Hall Suites from November 29 - December 6, 2009. We were booked to stay at the Beach resort, but we were upgraded to the Suites, as the Beach was closed for renovations. We were impressed by the friendliness of the staff and the resorts beautiful. We found the food to be amazing. The steak and beef we had was similar to anything we've had at home. The room was beautiful and the bed comfortable, which to me is important. The only downfall this resort would have would be its beach. It didn't compare to what we saw in Negril or have had in the past in Punta Cana, D.R. The day trips to Negril and Ochos Rios were amazing. We woudl recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marigold1978
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We have stayed at Iberostar Suites Montego Bay at least four times and it just keeps getting better. The hotel staff are amazing and the check in process is extremely quick in comparison to some of these other big named hotels. The restaurants are to die for and I mean all of them. The buffet alone is outstanding - we have two children and for them to have fresh hot donughts made at breakfast started their day off with a smile. The kids camp is so well ran and Meisha is the best!!! They provide plenty of acitivites for the children so there is no need to worry about boredom setting in. The entertainment staff are the best I have ever seen at any hotel. They have multiple games and activities running at one time and each staff is alocated to one area (on a rotation system) and it's tons of fun for all to join into. For those looking for that extra fitness - you can always try the beach aerobics every day at around noon - see if you are the fittest of the fit. Each night they have a prize giving for all that participated in games during the days including the children. There is also a mini disco for the smaller children from around 7.45 to 9pm at the auditorium entertainment area. The nightly entertainment is spectacular as the entertainment staff produce their own shows and they are certainly first class with lots of music and some with very good humour. The spa also has these beautiful pools inside which you can use just to relax after that hard day of lazing in the sun. The nite club is great again the entertainment staff join in with you all there which adds a little extra flavour to the goings on - it's a definite must - don't hesitate book it now.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family