“Good jamaica food”

Horizon
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Rose Hall
Cuisines: Jamaican
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant serves some authentic Jamaican food.try the oxtail and rice and peas, the jerk wings are also amazing.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Looking for Oxtail? This is where to get it Family style. Served on a plank with other delicious local flavors like Curry Goat, Ribs, Red Snapper grilled to perfection. Music can be a bit loud and obnoxious but if you go early it's not bad. The food is worth it and we ate there multiple nights. Michael the waiter did an amazing job making sure our Mom had everyting she needed especially the extra Oxtail. Thanks Michael!

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Had a great experience. Local cuisine was awesome & our server Herbert rocked! Nice outdoor open air dining! Great recommendations from our server. Family style servings gave our group the opportunity to try many items.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Michael Riley and Orville Simms were extremely good servers at Horizon and Jamaican Roots. Best on the resort! Very friendly and personable. . Extremely good service with best food you can get, authentic Jamaican with awesome flavours! Their supervisor Remo is the best! Sent me limes to my room to make sure I had lime for my rum! Wow! Everyone needs to experience this resort!

Reviewed 2 February 2017

My family almost missed this wonderful experience. Reading through the reviews I led my family on a merry chase to the Brazilian steakhouse and even to the Italian Restaurant but I almost missed the mark with Horizons. What was I thinking? Travel to Jamaica only to sample the same Jamaican BBQ dishes (although they were wonderful as well) that we had already sampled in the states? Where was our sense of adventure?

On our last day we had the opportunity to eat at Horizons and sample a number of delicious Jamaican specialties. Travis, our server, was on pointe! He led us to sample curried goat (yum!), oxtail, lamb, ackee, and even cocoa bread delivered on a serving tray balanced on his head! The food was delicious but I have to be honest..it was Travis who made it a special night for our family.

1  Thank Deb M