All reviews log cabin bumper boats campers kitchen climbing wall christmas island camping trip clara lara cinema night camping area great facilities cafe on site kids activities banks of the river play ground brilliant site long weekend play park
Reviewed August 28, 2017

We stayed for a week, Mon to Sat. There were four families in four tents. We had a tent pitch with electric. We were surrounded by caravans so it felt very hemmed in and not much of a feeling of being in a valley. The river was lovely but the riverbank seemed to be made of ash, from the many many campfires that happened every night (they encourage this by selling wood). It wasn't pleasant spending time there as it was filthy and ashy. There was a massive bin area beside us, which was always overflowing and covered with wasps. There was one recycling bin, which was full of rubbish. It was very disheartening and they need to make more effort to get campers to recycle.

The curfew of 11pm and 8am was welcome and, having kids, we were happy that it was enforced.

There were loads of activities, all costing extra except the playgrounds. We avoided all of that and did day trips instead to Greenan Maze, Brittas Bay and Glendalough, all wonderful.

The showers and toilets were clean and always being cleaned. The water was always hot so no complaints on that score. The staff were friendly and pleasant.

The main issue for me was how extremely crowded it was, and lacking in feeling of being in the open.

Room Tip: All the pitches with electric are surrounded by caravans.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LondonD
Reviewed August 27, 2017

Only stayed one night at the campsite but will return next year. We pitched our tent right beside the river and the view was lovely. Lots for the kids to do especially enjoyed the kayaking. There is a chippers on site and the food is ok. Worth mentioning that you should bring wetsuits for the kids as they spend all day in the water. The situation with the bins could be improved as there was a large build up of rubbish.Overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

This was our third trip here and we all love it we can't wait for next year, the facilities are great and the place is kept lovely and clean, showers are great, children playgrounds (plural) are fantastic and if you get sick of bbqing you vmcan easily order in a takeaway or use the onsite chipper

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Elouise G
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

I recently visited this holiday park and we returned home yesterday (Tuesday the 22nd of August) and I was very pleased with how our stay went. On our final day we went back to the café after eating all of our meals here for the last 4 days because of how it is cooked fresh and as it was very quiet we were served immediately, by the looks of it we seen a health inspector who seemed to be giving the staff a hard time. I couldn't see why as the place was spotless. The seating area was also spotless and there was 2 girls coming in and out cleaning up, if there was a spillage on the floor it would be cleaned straight away. As I am a publican myself I know it is hard to find good staff, but I reckon Hidden Valley have hit the nail on the head. I have already booked Christmas Island for myself, my wife and 3 kids. Will be back again next summer. Well done to all, including Management at Reception, Activities and Café.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank sos999
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

Bins overflowing fir whole weekend . Rats and wasps all around bin area close to communal camp ground and children's plsyground! Cafe also filthy, oil for cooking needed changing. Kids activities way overpriced. Won't be back

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family