Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
woottonmary
Saint Thomas, Canada

overpriced basic motel

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 3, 2022
property with huge potential is lacking a lot especially a door key lock system that works. room was clean; bed was very comfortable.. check in was slow and was not warned there was a $200 deposit
which i hated. a bagged breakfast was a joke.
Date of stay: May 2022
    C$110
    C$127
21.3 km from Howard Johnson by Wyndham Lindsay
View more hotels in Lindsay
All reviews room was clean conference room dog show peterborough summer bbq
Selected filters
Reviewed April 25, 2022

My partner and I here for cat show this past weekend. Basic amenities and facilities. Rooms were clean, comfortable. We had a good night sleep after full day at the show. Didn’t spend much time in room but it had everything we needed. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: April 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed April 7, 2022 via mobile

I can't believe this run down, carpet stained, crap hole charged me $150 night.
From the parking lot step down into your room from the 50's, still original bed I assume. Tiny tv, remote hardly works, worn out carpet tiles, no usb plugs anywhere, worn out spring mattress. And lazy terrible breakfast in a bag. Free breakfast,?? You don't even have coffee. Non of this is government mandated, you've just adopted the least amount of service whatsoever and call it protocol.
The mandates are over, you're behind plexi glass, get your stupid mask off so I can hear you.
Btw none of your business whether I've been traveling, or have a cough,
Can we just email your invoice? No I'd like a record of my awful stay right away, I'm sorry you may have to spend an extra 20 cents on my stay.
Please close your doors or make your rate appropriate like $15 night.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
General Manager, General Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Lindsay, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2022

Hello! First off, thank you for staying with us for 2 nights and providing your feedback, we value all of our guests input whether positive or negative. We apologise if your stay wasn’t as pleasant as you were hoping. I would like to take the time to address some of your issues with our property. I would like to start by saying if you would have brought any of these issues to our attention, we would have gladly addressed them. For example, we do indeed have USB plugs on our lamps right on the night stand. In addition, we could have provided you with an in-room coffee machine if you would have asked for coffee. We also apologise you had a hard time hearing the front desk agent through a mask. We understand that the mandates are over, and masks are no longer required. However, each company will adopt their own health and safety policies. Once again, sorry your stay was not satisfactory, we will take your feedback into consideration to improve overall guest experience.

Reviewed March 31, 2022

Stopped on a trip up north. Great staff, clean rooms. Little dates but still nice.
Would recomwnt

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed March 29, 2022

Scary. really Bad. Avoid wasting your money here. Someone asked me where I was staying, I told them I rented a toilet for the night at the Howard Johnson. Then I showed them a photo of the room and night stand covered in cigarette burns & carpet. The drapes were yellow, so ws the phone form the nicotine.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry you had a bad experience at our hotel. Judging by your review it sounds like you booked one of our smoking rooms online? There are many guests who prefer to have a smoking room, but we understand if you are a non-smoker that these rooms can be off putting. We don’t have anything in our notes about a guest bringing these issues up to one of our staff recently. We would have been more than happy to switch you to one of our non-smoking rooms, or upgrade you to a nicer room. Once again, we apologize for your experience, and hope you have a great day.

Reviewed March 16, 2022

The rooms need some refreshing. Our room was clean. Towels were pretty good. Overall, while not the most luxurious, it was good enough for our needs. Everyone we had to deal with was pleasant and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled on business