Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Tamara W
Burlington, Canada

Not too shabby

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 11, 2018via mobile
For the cost that you pay at this hotel it is simple and clean and suited our needs for a cheap one night. The breakfast is only as needed but there is a cheap diner just up the street ($30 for 3 adults to have breakfast). The owners were very nice and when our tv didn’t work they were quick to come and fix it for us at 11pm. Our door didn’t lock from the outside but double locked once we were in it, a simple maintenance fix. Beds were comfortable and once we got the heat on we were fine for the night. It needs updating but overall not too shabby 😉
Date of stay: February 2018
    C$355
      C$355
    24.7 km from Knights Inn Lindsay
    Free parking
    Contact accommodation for availability.
    33.0 km from Knights Inn Lindsay
    View more hotels in Lindsay
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

I stayed one night and it was so cold that my car wouldn't start, even though I had plugged it in. The staff helped me with trying to jumpstart my car, extended my checkout time while I waited for help from CAA, and even gave me a lift to my appointment – all without accepting any extra payment. It's always heartening to run into people as nice as this! Highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: January 2018
    Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

We had a dog with us. Entered the room and the dog darted to between the bed and side table. We pulled a chicken bone out of its mouth? Then noticed a spill of coke or wine that had not been wiped off the counter. Even though non smoking room it wreaked so bad we had to go buy an air freshner (and I smoke?). We would have gone somewhere else but rooms that would take dogs were all booked that weekend.
    Also found dead flies on top of register..
    One of friends got some type of bite?
    I know it is a cheap hotel and was not expecting much...but clean would have been a good start
    We checked out a day early and stayed in Toronto.
    Told the girl at the front desk and she said she would pasa the message on. After the room was "cleaned" the next day..the spill and flies still there?
    The only good...shower pressure and space to walk a dog.

Date of stay: October 2017
    Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed October 29, 2017

We were going for the weekend for my step-moms funeral. We booked through Travelocity for 2 double bed room for 2 adults and 2 - 2 year olds. I emailed the hotel afterwards and requested a ground floor because I knew how difficult it would be lugging all the luggage and paraphernalia we needed for our stay up the stairs. I was told they booked us an upstairs room, and that the room we had booked was nicer in their opinion than one on the ground floor, so we told them we trust their opinion. They were very polite and considerate & let me know when I asked about check-in times, that if we got there earlier than 3 they would let us in our room early. We got to the hotel and the person that checked us in was very friendly and polite. He told me the room was clean, but hadn't had the 2nd check yet, and we could still go in if we didn't mind getting the 2nd check while we were in there. We found out then that they did change our room to the ground floor after all. We are not complaining in the least about it. It made things so much easier & we didn't have to feel bad about the kids running and stopping in the room since there was no one under us.
    They brought us a 2nd desk chair when we asked. The room was large & clean. Beds were comfortable. Yes, the carpet, bedding and bathrooms could use some updating, a fresh coat of paint on the walls would be nice. The biggest problem we had was the wi-fi kept cutting in and out, and there were 2 remotes for the tv. One turned it on and controlled the volume, the other you had to figure out what channel the guide was on and then manually enter the numbers for the channels. There was nothing to explain what was what or to tell you of the guide channel. There was a poster on the wall with plexi glass or something covering it, that gave phone numbers and names for various restaurants, taxi ect, that should be updated soon as well, a few of the restaurants were closed and the passwords were not accurate for the wi-fi. The one bed had a smaller bedspread on it. The screen was missing from the back window & the face plate on the alarm clock was broken. Quite honestly, other than those few things, the only other thing I wish there were was a bit of shelving, it would have made it safer and easier for us to put the coffee maker up a bit higher so the kids didn't get it. Also, we were never told what room the breakfast room was. We had a very pleasant stay despite the circumstances.

Date of stay: October 2017
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    Jayesh P, Manager at Knights Inn Lindsay, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Hi. Teressa.

This is J.P. from Knights Inn in Lindsay. Thank You for staying with us on your visit to Lindsay. We appreciate your feed back and it will be addressed as soon as possible. However our wifi is working perfectly but the weekend you were here we had all rooms were occupied and most of them were kids between 9 to 15 years of age and we all know how good they are in using the wifi, and that is the reason it was a little uncomfortable for some guests. We try our best to give clean and comfortable rooms to our guests and we will always. Please come again and give us another chance to serve you better. Thank You.

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Needs work paint and carpeting and need to have more attention to detail.Need to give the place a face lift .Would not stay here again as location proved troublesome when taking cabs to town there were only two available and were out of town for our return from dinner

Date of stay: July 2017
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed June 23, 2017

I have stayed here once and I will actually be staying with them again tomorrow. I opted to write this review before I even get there because their customer service is amazing!! This hotel isn't top of the line fancy. So if you are looking for posh, go elsewhere. But what this hotel is is absolutely wonderful. The beds are so comfy, everything is spotless and the pricing is great. The family is so willing to help make your stay hassle free. I called tonight to see if they would be willing to let me change my room so that my folks could stay with me. The immediate answer was of course. And, this speaks volumes, they asked if the stairs were an issue for my parents. They care. I am looking forward to seeing them again tomorrow.

Date of stay: June 2017