TripAdvisor
All reviewsfree bikesgreat hotelone nightrecommend this hotelbooked this hotelnice staffcinque terrecakespool areafive starhigh standarddellaclassygardenyardfacilitiessearch
Reviewed October 23, 2017

We did not search for a seafront hotel, so the location on the third line in the park area is quite convenient for us. The hotel is very cozy and dense. The finishing materials and color scheme are well chosen. Being inside the hotel or in the yard is very cozy and cute. We had a suite of three, which had a second room on the second floor. The upper room was a mansard type and had its own bathroom. Internet and parking are free. The breakfast is high-quality and tasty. We really wanted to continue our stay at the hotel, but there was no room, unfortunately. We hope that soon we will have the opportunity to come again.
Ми не шукали готель із морським видом, тому розташування на третій лінії в парковій зоні нас цілком влаштувало. Готель дуже затишний і задбаний. Гарно підібрано оздоблювальні матеріали і кольорова гамма. Перебувати всередині готелю чи в подвір’ї дуже затишно і мило. Ми мали сьют на трьох, який мав другу кімнату на другому поверсі. Верхня кімната мансардного типу і мала свою ванну кімнату. Інтернет і парковка безкоштовні. Сніданок на високому рівні - якісний і смачний. Ми дуже хотіли продовжити наше перебування в готелі, але не було вільної кімнати, нажаль. Сподіваємося, що скоро будемо мати нагоду приїхати знову.

Room Tip: choose a suit
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel and location. Rooms are very nice and the breakfast is amazing. Staff is nice and polite. I saw one staff who was annoyed at the receptionist and that’s not nice in front of customers , that’s why I put 4 stars and not 5. A bit expensive the transfer to Forte dei Marmi. Recommended

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2017

The hotel was nice, not what I expected for a 4 star hotel but the rooms were clean and the back yard and pool area were lovely. Breakfast was ok. We were disappointed and annoyed as I booked it on Expedia and they refused to honor their rate guarantee as the price dropped a third and both Expedia and the hotel would not honor that difference. The hotel also refused to let us leave a day early saying we would forfeit the $300 + we were paying a night. not good business therefore I won't return. Also not the nicest location. I rather be closer to forte di Marni next time.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2017

It appears we are unusual in that we stayed in the Stellad della Versillia for 14 nights.

The Hotel is situated on a quite, ‘country-lane’ type, road that runs parallel to the main Ronchi road.

The Hotel is attractively decorated in a clean, modern style with marble floors and in the bedrooms a soothing colour scheme. I understand that the Hotel is owned by the Italian goalkeeper, Giuanluigi Buffon, and there are various football related memento’s, such as various football shirts, trophies and a limited-edition motorcycle with commemorates the Italian 2006 World Cup victory, which are on display.

The room service is regular (twice a day) and well organised; the air conditioning works well and the room does have a safe in it. There are tea making facilities (but no whitener was provided).

If I’m being very nit-picky I found the shower cubicle rather odd in that it has this curved door which looks as though it should close against a side glass screen, but ours had been positioned such that a small 1 to 2 inch gap remained – this meant that there was a risk that water could escape onto the floor, and it was easy to knock the door back which would cause water to run down the door onto the floor – although when this did happen it was never very significant.

I would also have to say that I don’t think the WiFi is very good. To be fair to the Hotel this might be the its locality – rather than anything it can do. When it works you can get quite a fast service (although if you do on-line gaming its very pingy so you can’t reaaly play) but is unreliable and once was unavailable for about 25 minutes.

Outside there are attractive gardens – and a pool, which although is quite small – is still big enough and deep enough to be useful. This comprises of 3 defines sections – the middle section, which is the largest, being the deepest at approximately 1.4m to 1.5m deep; and then 2 smaller and shallower sections – 1 which I believe is aimed at younger children, and the other has a Jacuzzi jets fitted. In respect of this I have 2 minor criticisms – firstly I think it could do with a few more jets and secondly, it isn’t immediately obvious how you get them to work (we discovered that there is a small round silver touch-pad – which you could easily mistake as one of the lights but is slightly larger).

It should also be noted that the Hotel has 29 rooms, but there are only 12 full sized and 2 young children’s sun-beds around the pool. Initially I thought this might prove a problem, and on a couple of occasions early on during our stay, when we had gone out in the morning, they were fully utilised when we returned and we had to sit in one of the other outside seating areas. However, generally it seemed that most people went out of the Hotel so the number available seemed to be appropriate more often then not.

To the rear of the pool is also a ‘garden’ type area, this has play-equipment for young children as well as a ‘tented’ area that has various gym equipment in it; the Hotel also has ‘Spa’ facilities. However, we didn’t really use any of these so I can’t really comment much on these facilities other than from what I could see – which was positive.

In respect of breakfast, this is very comprehensive and very good quality – with a selection of hot food (sausages, eggs etc.) and toasting facilities, various types of rolls and bread, filled and plain croissants, various cakes, doughnuts (custard and iced) cold meats, various fruits and fruit salads, jams and honey etc.
For lunch there is a menu and to be honest I originally thought this was a bit limited in choice if you merely wanted a ‘snack-type’ food – however, we then discovered that there was various food that you could order ‘off-menu’ such as pizza’s, ice-creams etc.

The Restaurant at the Hotel is known as ‘Ristorante L’Olivo’ and I have already written a separate review on that so I won’t repeat what I said again – other than I thought the food was very good and, as with lunch Ristorante L'Olivo is more than happy to try and accommodate ‘off-menu’ orders.

We found all the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful.

The Hotel also has a mini-bus which can be hired to take you to and from Pisa Airport which is €120 each way (I found this to be slightly cheaper than some other quotes I got) or into Forte de Marmi which costs €20 each way.

I guess it is true to say nothing is perfect and in addition to the few minor niggles mentioned above’ I did feel that the Hotel could improve its already excellent service if it did the following:

• for the non-Italian guest – it should provide some information on the mini-bus service that it offers (we only knew about it from another review we had read). Although there is a note in the reception with a picture of the bus on it the writing is in Italian only and there is no note about it in the Hotel details in the room; and

• the Hotel could provide a map/information of nearby locations – Ronchi and Massa are very poor areas in providing ‘Tourist Information’ which is a shame as there is more to the area – and more to do – than is first gleaned from internet services such as Tripadvisor and I just feel that the Hotel would help itself if it did more to identify this.

However, the above are all very minor – the Hotel can be summed up as clean, friendly, high quality, well located and providing great food and if we ever come back to this area we would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Super super and super. Nice staff very clean good location very good organization good parking all is good. Love it . Thanks to Buffon. We are here from holland for 5 nights and so far we are in love .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple