See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 2, 2016

First off, the people managing the house are very helpful, fast and accommodating (thanks Riziki :)), secondly the house is very beautiful, clean and very spacious. The indoor and outdoor pool serve all purposes. The staff are amazing too and the chef is pretty pretty good. I had a chance of throwing a party and the house comfortably carried 19-20 people without noticing the how big of a number it was. Oh also the inbuilt speakers and WIFI are a big thumbs up!

Room Tip: Run for the master bedroom....just trust me on that!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

The place has a great layout with pool separating the bedrooms. The staff do a great job of keeping the whole place clean and spotless. There is a good chef who prepared delicious meals per your menu. The chef is provided but the renters pay for or deliver groceries.The walk to the beach is about 5 minutes through access path. Beds are comfortable and there 5 places to sir and have fun.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2016 via mobile

This is a really beautiful, well laid out house near the beach with great pools but there were a few low points in the service like broken aircon, running out of drinking water, and serving lunch at 4pm....

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jesse D
Reviewed May 23, 2015

If you want to vacation in Watamu/Malindi, you have to go to Hamra! You want peace and quiet? Al Hamra! You want great service, attentive staff? Al Hamra.

My friends and I spent a few days at Al Hamra and it was my best vacation thus far.

We had spent a long day travelling so we were tired and hungry. The moment we got to Al Hamra and stepped through the big Lamu doors,the stress started leaving the body. It is a magnificent place from architecture to decor.
The rooms are airy and spacious with both fans and air conditioning.The bed ( my goodness the bed is humongous) and I slept like a baby.
The staff is friendly and attentive, and the food was great. I loved every minute of being there.
I am definitely going back with my significant other and will recommend it to everyone.

Thank you Team Al Hamra.

Room Tip: Every room is amazing.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauryn M
Reviewed May 22, 2015

My friends and i were at Al hamra 1 week ago (Month of May) and the entire experience was beautiful. We were there for 5 days and i enjoyed every second of it. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The suites were just amazing and everything about the house is just luxurious and so relaxing. I loved everything about it, from the infinity pool :) to the fact that the private beach is only 5 minutes away, the delicious food, and the décor... simply amazing . It was truly a trip i`ll never forget. Thank you Al hamra :)

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends