Unexpectedly nice location in the midst of unexpectedly nice Port Camargue's almost 2000 moorings - and appropriately named and pleasantly styled establishment. Our room (Suite Africaine) was generously proportioned (and could even have slept four) while the acclaimed restaurant lived up to its reputation by offering a first class cuisine with a remarkably light touch. Staff were also welcoming and friendly and the pricing justified. A couple, though, of minus points:
- the bathroom was small and cramped (especially around the wash basin). Bathroom doors were perforated - also to the WC - a somewhat disturbing and potentially distasteful feature (also since the wardrobe was located in the same space)
- the heated outdoor pool featured on the internet was not available when we visited in October (unheated due to the cold Mistral wind, we were told). Also, it's in any case relatively small and unsuited for serious swimming
- the Spa is also rather modest - and jacuzzi use unusually requires an advance reservation
- information/explanations like the above but also including how the breakfast buffet was organized (part, full or no service) was not automatic (as it should have been). Also, we only found out about the availability of a 'chariot' for the luggage after personally carrying our bags to the room
- despite the smiles, the restaurant service was more brusque than friendly (especially when, one evening, the restaurant lights around our table were turned off one by one just before 10pm).
Viator ed cani Coloniae
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Spinaker Hotel Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Spinaker Port Camargue