“Our second visit, just as good as the first”

Prim'Hotel Bagatelle
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dizy
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed here two years ago whilst visiting Epernay to buy champagne for our daughter's wedding. We returned last week, en route from Austria, and found everything just as good as before. We were made to feel very welcome, our room was clean,and later we enjoyed a delicious buffet supper, with champagne chosen by our waitress. A very nice stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rob15Edinburgh
There are newer reviews for Prim'Hotel Bagatelle

Reviewed 5 September 2011

I stayed here for one night as part of a cycling trip. I certainly can't fault the value, for either the food or the room.
The hotel is on a business park on the edge of town. Handy for hypermarkets, less so for nightlife. It was dead easy to find from the main road.
The room was certainly large enough for one (I'd asked for a single). No bath, but the shower was pretty good. Comfortable bed, and a decent amount of light - which I often find is a problem in hotels. I didn't sleep so well as I'd hoped, but I can't blame the hotel for the hot and humid weather!
The food was very good, even by Logis standards. A fine selection of cold meats and salads, steak with shallots and leeks, excellent cheeseboard and desserts. The pichet wine was delicious, and great value at six euro for 50 cl. Breakfast was just as good - my pain au raisin was almost too big for the plate.
I'd maybe not book here for a romantic break, but as an overnight stop it ticked all the right boxes. I expect to be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank TonySG1
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We have stayed at the Prim' Hotel Bagatelle over August bank holiday weekend. We arrived in the middle of night but it was not a problem. We were given the access code to the building in advance and the room key was waiting for us in the door. Rooms are very clean with extremely comfortable bed and I am very fussy about it! We have breakfast every day and once we had lunch at the hotel. Meal are extremely good quality. You get a couple of types of cheese, ham, jams, honey, pastries, baguettes, fresh fruit, variety of yoghurts, champagne!, etc. Everything is fresh! The moment you think 'WOW this was a great breakfast', you have lunch which is taken to yet another level: freshly baked cakes and tarts, a couple of types of pate, snails, hams, sausages, fresh vegetables, home made mayonaise, roast salmon it just goes on and on. And this is just the buffet part. There is a huge menu of freshly prepared dishes to choose from.
To top everything up staff in this hotel is very nice and helpful! I will definately be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kamyczek27
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Great value accommodation and breakfast (kids eat and stay for free). The location is slightly odd - in the corner of a business park near a supermarket - but it is quiet with a good feel of security.

The public areas of the hotel are definitely in need of renovation but my room was large, up-to-date, clean, huge bed, tea/coffee making facilities and a new TV. Quite a contrast to most hotels which offer the opposite - a plush foyer and markedly less impressive bedrooms.

What stands out (as others have said) is the incredible level of service from the reception staff. I was quite surprised what a difference this made to the overall feel of the place.

A good base to explore the Champagne region.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank PJtheGlider
Reviewed 25 July 2011

As others have said, the approach to the hotel past the car showrooms and bathroom shops does not inspire confidence. However, the magnificent willow in the garden, and the very friendly staff make up for it in every way. A delightful stay after a long drive stuck in Tour de France traffic around Grenoble meant we were very glad of the restaurant, which has en excellent starter and dessert buffet. Main courses were equally enjoyable. A pre-dinner glass of champagne did not break the bank. Big comfortable bed,and great shower although bath towel was ragged around the edges.
Reception staff were good, but a little slow to sort out the bill in the morning before departure. Our dog was also very welcome.
We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DurhamHB
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Stayed for one night en route to the races at Montier en Der and I must admit the approach to the hotel through a small business park did not set the pulses racing but once parked the view from the rear of the building, of the seating and entrance area, the hotel took on a whole new appearance. The check in was effortless and the manager was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was simply furnished but very clean, a flat scren tv, a good shower and surprisingly for French hotels had tea and coffee facilities. No problem with noise as the room had electric window shutters and a good night's sleep was had by us both.
Champagne aperitifs at 3.9 euros were a snip and the quality of the fizz matched the big name houses and most of the other guests were all enjoying a glass or two. Dinner was based on a buffet starter with a variety of main courses but there was the option of choosing 3 or 4 courses from the buffet which many people did. The food was excellent as was breakfast the following morning.
Location although first appearing strange turned out to be perfect and you should have no complaints about the service, quality of food, abundance of champagne and overall value for money from this hotel.
We will certainly be back when visiting the area or racing at Montier en Der.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ElPozo
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I spent at Bagatelle just one night and I really appreciate the kindness of owner and his wife.
It's the first time in my life that somebody, leading an hotel, wish me a good morning, offering me a flute of Champagne!
The restaurant inside the hotel is really very good, with a wide menu and a super buffet.
Rooms are very simple and small, same as the bathroom, but the bed was confortable.
Wi-fi for free, worked well.
Ideal position to access to Champagne area, just a few kilometers out of Epernay, around 4/5 min by car.
Big private parking in front of the hotel.
Great value to money, I'll surely come back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank eugeita
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dizy
0.5 km away
Auberge Champenoise
#11 of 14 in Epernay
2.4 km away
Hotel Ibis Epernay Centre Ville

Been to Prim'Hotel Bagatelle? Share your experiences!