Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$66
Hotels.comUS$66
PricelineUS$66
CheapTicketsUS$66
Orbitz.comUS$66
getaroom.comUS$75
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 4, 2019

We stayed here last year and the room was nice and had what you needed, the town is about a 20 minute or so walk away but its easy to get to regardless as its basically just a straight walk. A mc donalds is also across the road if you do get hungry which is nice.

Date of stay: July 2018
Campanile L, Manager at Campanile Leeuwarden, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2019

thank you very much for fillimng im the review, see you next time

Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

Before making the reservation via booking.com (non refundable) I called the hotel specifying we were a family with two kids. We arrived at 1700 and... well the hotel, actually is a motel, is totally different from the pictures advertising it. We told the receptionist we were not staying for the night because the hotel was really not suitable for kids. The receptionist said and actually wrote down on paper that she undetstood the situation and she was going to give our money back. So we thanked her and left looking for some place else to pass the night. The receptionist called me back after 30 minutes explaining that the manager did not approve it and that I would have lost my money.
Now I’m aware that the room was not refundable... however:
- pictures were a fake... maybe shot 20 years ago
- it’s a motel and not a hotel;
- receptionist said and promised I would be reimbursed... and 30 minutes later called me back telling it is not possible.
At least the manager should have called me explaining the situation and apologizing.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Campanile Leeuwarden, General Manager at Campanile Leeuwarden, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2020

Reviewed April 6, 2019

Very good, my room was clean and comfortable, the restaurant was good the service excellent, the buffet Breakfast was great value with plenty of choice. Checkin was quick and hassle free. The only downside was the location, as is usual with Campanile the hotel was out of town

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Campanile.com - Louvre Hotels Group
Campanile L, Manager at Campanile Leeuwarden, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2019

thank you very much for your review, with kind regards the hotelmanager

Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

I feel bad to give 2 stars because the staff was so friendly, but the hotel is just not good you know? It was like a trip to 1950, everything is so old, the bathroom is old with those curtains that don’t give you a clean feeling. The breakfast is ok. We were moved rooms 3 times - first one was wrong, second room the light wouldn’t work because of electricity problems... third room stinks like mosquito repellent. The bed was of poor quality, and all these small things added up to a not-so-nice stay. Sorry guys, you were really friendly, I mean it, but the hotel needs repairs urgently!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Campanile L, Manager at Campanile Leeuwarden, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2018

Reviewed September 2, 2018

I was dropping my son off at University for the year, came across on the ferry, and was due back on one the day after. So price and location to his accommodation were the critical factors. I have marked this Hotel accordingly. Its on the edge of town not good for the old centre but easy drive in. Its showing its age but is kept clean and in good condition. The staff on reception were fantastic gave me some good tips on where to buy pots and pans for my son. The stay just went well the room did the job and I slept well always had somewhere to park, got up and left, no fuss no hassle. Maybe for a longer stay it would grate a little bit, but for a flying visit no problems. See you next year when I pick him up!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Campanile L, Assistant managet at Campanile Leeuwarden, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Thank you so much for the nice comment,it was a pleasure to have you here and we would like to see you again next year.