All reviews reach reception one night the bus pancakes omelette job poland market account august minsk choice tv centre city
Reviewed June 15, 2018

There are two different buildings that comprise this hotel. My spouse and I stayed in room 38 on the third floor, which is located in the second building. The room was fairly spacious and included a queen bed, a sofa bed, desk and chair, fridge, and walk-in shower. We particularly enjoyed having a unique patio, which was actually the flat roof that connected our building with the next. It featured three outdoor chairs and a small table so that we were able to sit outside and drink half of our bottle of red wine that we had purchased the previous night in Minsk.

As part of an 18-member tour group, our breakfasts were included. We also had one group dinner. The breakfast selections of potato pancakes, fried eggs, and omelettes were very greasy, and the number of other items was quite limited. Dinner of pork neck was so-so and varied from serving serving. Unfortunately mine was tough, while others remarked how tender their meat was. However, we were given a very generous helping of ice cream for desert.

Grodno did not appear to have many hotels from which to choose, so despite not having any English-speaking stations on the TV, this one was pleasant enough for one night.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2017

Semashko is very good choice in Grodno, which doesn’t seem to have many hotels. I spent there one night in August.
Location – little bit away but still just about 10mins walk from Grodno historical centre, parks and other main attractions. The location, close to the main bus station, is bit noisy at night and early morning hours, but closing the window did the job and sleep quality was good.
Rooms – comfortable and clean. Bed very comfortable. Bathroom bit small and outdated but does the job.
Breakfast – very good with some warm meals (burgers, pancakes) in addition to usual breakfast food.
Free wifi that works well.
It has sauna and indoor pool – but I did not try it.
Good value for money.
Overall very good choice for both business and tourist visits to Grodno.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2017

If you want to visit the Grodno region visa-free for up to 5 days, you usually have to find a Belarusian travel agent and pay at least €10 per person for a document to enter Belarus without a visa. But I then discovered that the Semashko hotel has an in-house travel agent, which issues the documents at no additional charge to forthcoming hotel guests. I booked one night in the hotel for BYN 132 and their in-house travel agent e-mailed me the necessary documents to present at the border. Not only was BYN 132 per night competitive compared to other hotels in Grodno, but the hotel also saved me at least €20 for the visa-free documents.

The centre of Grodno is quite small, and although this hotel isn't right in the centre, it's only a short walk away and its location does have two advantages. The first is that it's very close to the bus/coach station, ideal if you're travelling from Poland or Lithuania without your own car. The second is that there's a huge street market just one street away with all kinds of goods on sale at cheap prices. It was a shame we booked only one night because we didn't have time to see the whole market.

The staff at the hotel, particularly on reception, speak good English and are friendly and hospitable. As the hotel wasn't full, they kindly allowed us late checkout until 14:45, just before our return coach to Druskininkai at 15:00, which brought a very convenient end to an enjoyable stay. Despite Belarus being an extremely safe country, security at the hotel is high, with permanent security before you even reach reception, where I was able to leave my laptop as the in-room safe wasn't big enough.

The décor of the rooms might look dated in the photos, but they are in fact modern, very spacious and comfortable with plenty of power sockets in the right places as well as decent wifi. Taking everything into account, I would definitely choose to stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NFH
Reviewed June 23, 2017

I arrived in the evening after riding my bike from Białowieża, Poland to Grodno (145 km) and decided to stay at the hotel as all other accommodations seemed to be fully booked. It was a little expensive for my budget and as compared with what I later paid in Belarus, but the place was very comfy and nice. Not really in the center, but not too far. A small drawback for people traveling with a bike: they have a closed parking lot under 24/7 supervision, however, it does not have a roof. Reception staff was very nice. They spoke English, but accepted to speak Russian with me after I told them I wanted to practise, even though their English was much, much better than my Russian!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

The hotel staff tried hard to give a friendly welcome, but if travelling with luggage this was marred by the steps down to reach reception (no luggage ramp) and then the news that there was no lift to the room. The room itself had all that was needed and was clean and adequate. The shower-room was small and the bed small and a bit soft for our taste. In our room minor design was not thought through. The bedroom had only one light switch, which we eventually found hidden behind the opening door. This meant getting out of bed to turn it off. Breakfast was also more functional than enjoyable but for an overnight stay in Grodno the hotel is OK.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple